Billy Incardona - Short Rant

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
At the end of last nights matches Billy Incardona said something that has been bugging me this morning. He couldn't figure out how to say the Ko brothers names so he called one of them "Ping Pong." Of course he quickly tried to cover it up by saying he was just joking. Joking or not I feel it was in very poor taste and unacceptable. Here we have Team CSI trying to provide great names from across the world and the commentators can't even take the time to learn their names. It's bad enough that they don't have an understanding of the tournament format. End rant.

banditgrrr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the end of last nights matches Billy Incardona said something that has been bugging me this morning. He couldn't figure out how to say the Ko brothers names so he called one of them "Ping Pong." Of course he quickly tried to cover it up by saying he was just joking. Joking or not I feel it was in very poor taste and unacceptable. Here we have Team CSI trying to provide great names from across the world and the commentators can't even take the time to learn their names. It's bad enough that they don't have an understanding of the tournament format. End rant.

Completely agree. Just because someone was a road player does not make them a good commentator by any stretch. People in the booth should be able to pronounce the players names and have a fundamental understanding of the tournament format.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

I couldn't agree more. If you are going to commentate for a tournament, you need to understand the format. Take the two minutes to have it explained to you and make sure you have a proper understanding before you go on air. And take the ten seconds to learn the player's name, and how to pronounce them. Write the name down spelling it the way it sounds and keep that in front of you to refer to if that is what it takes.

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't expect too much out of some commentators that are mostly in their late 70's and were raised in a time of high racism.

Some of these old timers probably think that the Ko's grandfather was responsible for pearl harbor because they're asian.

banditgrrr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't expect too much out of some commentators that are mostly in their late 70's and were raised in a time of high racism.

No, but I would expect they place someone in the booth who speaks with something higher than what sounds like a 5th grade education. They may be legendary players but they are extremely lacking when it comes to professional commentary.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe he thought it was funny , everyone here has some very good point , I think Billy would have like to crawl into a hole . Open mouth be fore thinking , no good . Jim

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many people paid and are watching the stream anyway? Less than 500 worldwide? Just curious

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, but I would expect they place someone in the booth who speaks with something higher than what sounds like a 5th grade education. They may be legendary players but they are extremely lacking when it comes to professional commentary.

I've been thinking that for a while myself but then people say that incardona and dileberto who sings songs from the 1930's on stream are the best commentators around.

Maybe there just aren't any younger guys interested in doing commentary? :shrug:

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
I think everyone should grow some thicker skin. Nobody's perfect. You can't say anything anymore without offending someone.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
I've been thinking that for a while myself but then people say that incardona and dileberto who sings songs from the 1930's on stream are the best commentators around.

Maybe there just aren't any younger guys interested in doing commentary? :shrug:

Danny D. is horrible now. Doesn't need to be anywhere near a mic. As for TAR/CSI streaming the commentary is always the only unprofessional part of it. Everything else is usually OUTSTANDING. I enjoy Justin in the booth more than most of the others.

Last edited:

banditgrrr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think everyone should grow some thicker skin. Nobody's perfect. You can't say anything anymore without offending someone.

Perhaps....but we don't see other professional sports commentators making comments like "homie just made an awesome dunk" or....."that cracker is really swinging for the fences." It's not about offending someone. It's about common sense of which they seem to be lacking.

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member

Some of these old timers probably think that the Ko's grandfather was responsible for pearl harbor because they're asian.

I have problems with comments on YouTube, just because one of our best commentators is black. Box! I think racism runs deeper than we think sometimes. Anyway, don't get me started.

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
Pool isn't every other sport, and I'm glad it's not. It's rough around the edges, just the way I like it. I respect your opinion though.

I suppose I might be offended if I were addicted to my own outrage, an Asian with no sense of humor, a woman, or an assshole, but I'm not. Yes, in today's day and age, people should know that they need to be tight-lipped and paranoid so they don't offend other white people who are monitoring their every move, so I guess in that regard, Diliberto should have one of his gold stickers taken away. Other than that, maybe all you shamers should go to the store and get some beef jerky, androgel, some skoal, and a case of shut the phuck up.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made a post about this in the CSI thread. Amateur player-commentators have no business being behind the mic, and this is a perfect example.

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy still the best

Say what you want about his way of saying their names Billy is still the very best announcer in the booth, with knowledge unmatched by anyone. I even love his sense of humor and love for gambling in pool ,:thumbup:

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Haters are amazing!!! Bill Incardona a racist?? Get real lol... Your a fool and Billy Incardona is by far the best commentator in the sport..

Last edited:

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Say what you want about his way of saying their names Billy is still the very best announcer in the booth, with knowledge unmatched by anyone. I even love his sense of humor and love for gambling in pool ,:thumbup:

"His way of saying their names"? He didn't mispronounce a name he made a racial slur with the "Ping Pong" comment. I'm the first one to admit that the PC mania of today can get tiresome but his comment was way out of line. Well, there is my short rant! :p