Played a set of bar box 8 ball against Sky Woodward

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had heard that he was a Meucci guy, but I was curious exactly what model he played, or if was a complete custom job.

He’s paid my meucci and he plays with the bar box series of cues they have him pushing.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Another vote for Skyler = Nice guy. Met a few weeks ago at Griffs in Vegas. Was kinda a fan beforehand, definitely a fan after. As for that southern drawl, it can be fascinating to us Minnesotans lol

Your arrangement is cool and sounds like a win/win for both.

StuartTKelley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, that's a great story and a positive one. I like hearing positive things about the game we love so much. Skyler is a classy guy for sure and one hell of a player. It's very cool that you got to play James too, he's also a fantastic player. Thanks for sharing!

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your experience with Sky was a great one. I wish that I had even one like that that I could talk about.

I bet that if you look really close at the shots that he executed versus your game, you will realize that you have in the past pulled off most of the shots that he did when playing you. What I found out about the best players is that they are extremely consistent, and they will pull off every type of shot with a very high frequency. IMO that is their biggest edge against another good player. Sure, you can make most of the shots and break-outs that they do, but they are WAY more consistent and don't fail at executing them very often.

You’re spot on about a pro’s consistency. I heard this years ago - an amateur practices till they finally get it right; a pro practices till they never get it wrong. Great post!