Sky and Shaw tonight at 9

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Shaw on the hill, 29-25. I find it hard to believe that they are actually playing for anything, since they both seem to be completely nonchalant, with Shaw giving Skyler the last 3 or 4 balls every other rack, and Sky losing focus and missing easy shots every time he gets within a game or two.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The late match time makes it impossible for us east coasters to sweat. That's gonna be going at 3AM

Heck I'm in Dallas and couldn't stay up for this one . Up at 3:45 headed to the Gym or watch a pool match till 3 am , lol . Made my choice , slept great and headed to the gym ! Have a wonderful day sleeping pool players I'm tackling this beautiful summer day ! 😎

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Heck I'm in Dallas and couldn't stay up for this one . Up at 3:45 headed to the Gym or watch a pool match till 3 am , lol . Made my choice , slept great and headed to the gym ! Have a wonderful day sleeping pool players I'm tackling this beautiful summer day ! 😎

F that. The heat index is like 105 where I'm at. Nothing beautiful about the summer. It's the worst invention since mosquitoes. Plus it's bad for pool. Humid conditions, stealing players to go "golfing", brightness. Ugh.

But for real these matches are often on way late for us on the east coast. Not much we can do about it I guess except btch on the Internet or play our own matches but I'd really like to watch some of these things.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are these two both 'managed' by that group that was signing representation agreements with the players?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Shaw on the hill, 29-25. I find it hard to believe that they are actually playing for anything, since they both seem to be completely nonchalant, with Shaw giving Skyler the last 3 or 4 balls every other rack, and Sky losing focus and missing easy shots every time he gets within a game or two.

These were my thoughts when the match was announced. When both players are managed by the same people and one of them has just completed a race to 100 the day before and the other was perceptibly inebriated the day before, it looks suspicious. Would Shaw really bet this high without any downtime between matches and would he really concede the 6-7-8-9 in one of the racks if the bet were this high and the match this close? Maybe it's all on the level, but it looks awfully fishy.

Deception is, perhaps, in vogue these days in action pool, with a match in which 10,000 is the amount the players are betting routinely advertised as 20,000 in the middle, a meaningless gimmick to mislead the potential internet patron.

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started watching and quickly decided not to partake any longer, went to sleep... looked more like a practice session than a money match.

MachineGunKelly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there for the entire set Sunday. After the set was over the Money Match guys were frantically trying to set up the Shaw/Sky match. They said they only had 2 hours to get the details confirmed on Sunday night. Seemed like it was legit to me. Shaw was a clear favorite over Sky in this one. I know Shaw just played for 3 days, but he showed no signs of fatigue during the match. On the other hand Sky was enjoying multiple beverages very late into Sunday night/ Monday morning.