J.Pechauer cue ID help please

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I'm trying to ID this cue to establish a baseline price between a buddy and I. I tried Pechauer's site without much luck. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• zx2.jpg
    zx2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 347
  • zx3.jpg
    zx3.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 333
  • zx1.jpg
    zx1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 340

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the bumper have a protector screwed into the bumper that accepts their extension? Cant make out what's going on there. Definitely not a pech. pin, so it would have had to been custom ordered...butt cap definitely looks like a newer pech...

If its signed it is a pro model, if not it is a jp model

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Thanks - I suppose a little more info would be helpful.

It IS signed. Uniloc joint. 6 points.

Attachments

• zx4.jpg
    zx4.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 262
  • zx5.jpg
    zx5.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 268
  • zx6.jpg
    zx6.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 265

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Email Joe the pics, he will tell you for sure.

Looks like a custom order, but he can give you the info you seek.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still not sure what's going on with the bumper. The joint is not steel like it is on most models, and I dont see any on their web page of retired cues that dont have a butt sleeve with some sort of inlay...unless it is one of their sneaky Pete's.

I'm definitely going with custom order or one off. Without knowing officially what the deal is with the cue, and assuming shaft and everything are good, I would probably feel comfortable paying around 300, give or take. This is just my opinion...I own 5 pechauers, so I have bought a few

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a section on their site for 'retired' cues.. I didn't see
anything that resembled your cue.. prolly a one-off.
Call them.. they're helpful over the phone.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Appreciate the info. Sounds like for the price I should snap it up.

I'll check what the dealio with Pech anyway and post here in case anyone else is curious.

The butt weighs 13.44. With my CF shaft it's 17 on the nads.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appreciate the info. Sounds like for the price I should snap it up.

I'll check what the dealio with Pech anyway and post here in case anyone else is curious.

The butt weighs 13.44. With my CF shaft it's 17 on the nads.

I am certainly curious of what they say. Van you give any insight as to what is going on with the bumper? Looks like a jp screwed in there

The signed models are inspected by the man himself before it leaves the shop. Hopefully you get a good score and are happy with it.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I am certainly curious of what they say. Van you give any insight as to what is going on with the bumper? Looks like a jp screwed in there

The signed models are inspected by the man himself before it leaves the shop. Hopefully you get a good score and are happy with it.

Excellent. I'll let you know. FYI, things don't tend to happen too fast around here lol...

I'm wondering what's going on with the bumper myself. Is it screwed in?? The thing seems seized up. I can't get it to budge no matter how hard I turn it. Is it supposed to come out by hand?

Thank again

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent. I'll let you know. FYI, things don't tend to happen too fast around here lol...

I'm wondering what's going on with the bumper myself. Is it screwed in?? The thing seems seized up. I can't get it to budge no matter how hard I turn it. Is it supposed to come out by hand?

Thank again
Yes normally they screw in. They sell a bumper with a threaded insert that accepts their extension, but I've never seen one like that...here is a poc of mine with the extension and another where you can see the standard bumper...
picture.php

picture.php

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you showed me that cue without the joint and signature, I would have said it was a Joss. Never ran across a Pechauer with that joint.