Pics of your cues...let's see those collections!

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As pool became my main hobby about two years ago, I've acquired a lot of equipment over this time due to continually trying and testing new things to find what worked best for me regarding all cue parts: tip types/shapes/hardness, shaft diameters/tapers/lengths, laminated vs one-piece, LD vs traditional maple, joint preference (not necessarily the pin type for me as I like them all, but more concerning stainless vs implex joint collars), wrap type, cue design, wood preferences, different weights, etc).

First let me state this...I shoot with EVERY single one of my cues on a regular basis. I have probably been using my newer/more expensive cues a little more often right now, but I still always cycle to a new cue after a few games when I play for hours. Because it is normally just me playing by myself, I will play my 12-ball game with a Cue vs Cue battle format...first to win 3 games and then I switch both cues. I've been keeping results and making little notes about each game. I am confident to play my best game with any of my cues on a given day. Based on my experience, the best advice to offer newer buyers is that these details and components really don't matter that much--it is more about how you can adapt your stroke, game and your personal preference to what feels good in your hands.

2rwks5l.jpg

MY CUES (arranged by brand from left to right)

Players
C9921 - stock maple 13mm (re-tipped myself with an Elkmaster)
G-2280 - w/ 30" S-tuned Z3 shaft 11.75mm pro taper from Seyberts
G3395 - stock maple turned down to 12.5mm
G-1002 - stock maple 13mm (re-tipped myself with a Triangle)

Predator
SPORT2ICENW - it was the lowest price to try a Z3 on their butt. Later added the $2 blue rubber wrap which looks way better, imo

McDermott
SL04 - w/ iPro Slim shaft 12mm (HATE the Navigator tip, worst I've used to-date)
G513 - w/ G-Core shaft turned down to 12.25mm
G204 - "special order" w/ 31" G-core turned down to 12.5mm (selected the yellow stain and red leather wrap)

Meucci
SWBB2 - Skyler Woodward model 2 (changed to Meucci Ultimate Weapon 11.65mm shaft from the 13mm Bar Box Pro it comes stock with)
JS-S - Jayson Shaw base model at Seyberts w/ Meucci Pro 12.5mm (at under $430, this might be the "Best Buy" award. Love these Meuccis man

Cuetec
'96-97 Earl Strickland - my very first cue! The entire shaft, forearm and butt was all black with a carbon-fiber design...looked great in the case, but played terribly due to the graphic laminate that started peeling and made it impossible to use in humid conditions. My brother found it in original case when he moved, and thankfully Cuetec still uses the same joint pins..so I bought a new Cuetec model w/ R360 and then swapped the shaft over. Now looks and plays great, and has become my cousin's favorite stick to use.

Mezz
Axi-156 - w/ WX900 12mm shaft upgrade (probably my favorite shaft), Wavy Joint
EC7-R1 - my first Mezz, United Joint, upgraded to EX Pro shaft 12.5mm, Zan soft tip
Axi-155 - w/ WX900 12mm shaft, Wavy Joint, Kamui Brown-Med

JOSS
JOS44 - w/ stock maple shaft 13mm w/ Triangle standard tip (such smooth action, simple but elegant design...becoming a favorite of mine, the deflection isn't as much as people think compared to LD shaft)

Schon
LTD2201L - Schon Ltd series (one of 25 I think?), upgraded to 30" Jacoby Ultra Super Pro w/ stock Tiger Everest tip
SP1909 - Schon SP series, upgraded to 30" OB Pro+ 'custom' shaft w/ Zan-Med tip

Viking
A291 - w/ stock Vikore 13mm shaft and Tiger Everest tip (first 'good' cue purchase I made back in Oct '16...this was for my brother at 18 oz)
A416 - w/ stock Vikore 13mm shaft and Tiger Everest tip (first 'good' cue purchase I made back in Oct '16...this was for myself at 19 oz)
A508 - w/ Vikore shaft turned down to 12.25mm, upgrade to Kamui Black-Med tip, changed linen wrap to be white w/ double black spec

Lucasi
LZC29 - Lucasi Custom w/ upgrade to 11.75mm OB Pro+ shaft, changed to a Tiger Sniper tip that I love
LHF10 - Lucasi Hybrid w/ sport grip and stock Zero Flex Slim 11.75mm shaft, tip upgrade to a Kamui Black Clear-Med

Pure-X (Players)
HXTE2 (#173 on butt) - currently w/ HXT Classic turned down to 12.25mm w/ Kamui Black-Soft tip
HXT66 (#166 on butt) - w/ shaft upgrade to BD Cues' SS360/P shaft, 11.75mm w/ Ultraskin-Med tip
HXT91 (#159 on butt) - currently w/ stock HXT Classic 12.75mm w/ Kamui Black-Soft tip

extra shafts to swap if needed
Mezz WX700 - United Joint w/ stock Kamui Brown-Soft tip 12.5mm
Mezz WX900 - United Joint w/ stock Kamui Brown-Soft tip 12mm (have a wrapless Mezz Power Break 2 in blue w/ Deep Impact 2 shaft currently in transit that is only 54" long total...going to try this short butt w/ WX900 and see if it feels similar to my Snooker cue with a bigger tip--as I kick ass with my entry-level Snooker cue on pool tables)
Lucasi Custom - Uni-loc Quick, Zero Flex Solid 12.75mm
Lucasi - Uni-loc Quick, Air Hog jump cue, handle and shaft, 14mm Phenolic tip
Schon - 5/16x14, standard/stock maple shafts at 13mm (x2)
Pure X - 5/16x18, HXT Skinny shafts 11.75mm (x2)
Pure X - 5/16x18, HXT Classic shaft 12.75mm
Pure X - 3/8x10, HXT Classic shaft 12.75mm
Pure X - Turbo lock, for PureX Break/Jump cue 14mm Phenolic tip

Funny that my favorite current shooter/looker is the Joss 44 with the standard 13mm maple shaft and dollar tip. You can see I have a preference for smaller diameter tips overall (my 9.5mm tipped Riley Snooker cue plays amazingly well for pool), but it's fun to play with everything! I would get bored just using the same cue at home, even if it's the best way to stay consistent.

My 'nicer' cues (for me that roughly means over $500)
2s8sjfr.jpg

34exlec.jpg

15yfc46.jpg

f5cav4.jpg

Guest cues are all up on this wall...
2hxv9sx.jpg

opu6if.jpg

Older group pic on my old wine-colored felt, easier to see some of the colors in each cue...
mn2fer.jpg

154ai43.jpg

My lone Snooker cue...absolute joy to play with this
fxqon.jpg

I was bored and had some time today as you can see. Was very curious to see what most of you are holding on to, as I love each and every cue that I have. There don't seem to be any threads that I'm aware of where people can post new or old pictures of their cues--you don't have to type the details like I did.

Let's see what you got.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Nice to see a collection of fairly modern, reasonably priced cues. I think many of the companies represented here make really nice cues that play as well as anything out there at any price. I have a much smaller collection in a similar vein...4 or 5 Viking and Jacobys that are my players and break cues either with or without aftermarket shafts for use at at home and another 8 or 9 guest cues from various makers. I keep a few others in my vehicles for the odd bar visit.

My favorite shaft is currently a Jacoby Edge Hybrid but the Viking Vikore is also a very good shaft, especially in 12.5mm. If it rains tomorrow maybe I'll get some pictures taken.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I also collect mostly production cues and antiques, I also have most of the cues (big and small) that I have made over the years. Your group of cues is very nice thanks for the pics. If I have time I will show a few later.:cool:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I was a doctor, I'd commit you for observation. If you started this 2 years ago, that is about a new cue each month, and you don't even play outside of your own table!

There is a cue and case gallery section, you will find quite a few things posted there. I think there were a few big threads for Schon collectors and such you can find in the main forum.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Nice collection, man! You been busy!

If I was a doctor, I'd commit you for observation. If you started this 2 years ago, that is about a new cue each month, and you don't even play outside of your own table!

He DID say 2 years, however, somewhere I seen he purchased some in 2016? So let's say mid-'16 to mid-'19. That's 3 years, or roughly 1 every 45 days. Also, some are for his brother?

Regardless, at this rate, he should be a professional production cue reviewer. The devotion is pretty impressive.

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There is a cue and case gallery section, you will find quite a few things posted there. I think there were a few big threads for Schon collectors and such you can find in the main forum.

It was three years ago I bought the first 2 Vikings, finding this forum shortly after and purchased maybe ten more that first year. All I wanted when I was a kid was a pool table in my home...I'm making up for lost time.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It was three years ago I bought the first 2 Vikings, finding this forum shortly after and purchased maybe ten more that first year. All I wanted when I was a kid was a pool table in my home...I'm making up for lost time.
It all adds up now. I heard Liberace's Mom wouldn't buy him a High School Class ring...hope you're old enough to get that one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I commend you for buying what you like and for living your dream. I doubt you are failing to pay the light bill in order to buy that next cue so as the song says "Rave on"!!!

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are a few full custom McDermotts I’ve had them make for me this past 2 years...with a 5th from that group of 4 matching Zebrawood and smooth black leather cues sent to my son.

bd95b85dba81f2b6c04c3de5cb9f66fb.jpg

Here is another full rack of McDermotts that I’ve had fully restored by them in the same period - including my very first cue ever bought, the no wrap, oak handled D5. I was 18 at the time. Amazing I’ve been able to hang onto it all these years. Amongst this group of 6 is the cue used by a friend/pool mentor and fellow posting AZB’er from back in those same early college days (1982/3) that he sent to me and I had restored. It shoots as good as he used to

d30f53b42cf39115c0fe8cafb8d90161.jpg

~ K.

Last edited:

j13smiley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same black Cuetec Strickland... I use it as my main break cue.

Pechauer's in my avatar

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my very small collection.

This is a Kelly Peterson (MVP Cues) I just picked up here on AZB. I purchased it to try the leather wrap. I love the wrap but not in love with the hit, as soon as my Ned Morris gets back from Ned I'm going to try the Morris shaft and see if that helps. I also like the MVP cue because it's setup for an extension.

Attachments

• IMG_5926.jpg
    IMG_5926.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_5922.jpg
    IMG_5922.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 890
  • IMG_5916.jpg
    IMG_5916.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 873
  • IMG_5915.jpg
    IMG_5915.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 858
  • IMG_5905.jpg
    IMG_5905.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 867

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dzuricky I sold a couple of months ago. Easily the best looking cue I've owned but it just hit too firm for me, I like a little whip in my stick :)

Attachments

• Bob Dzuricky Cue  (1).jpg
    Bob Dzuricky Cue (1).jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 865
  • Bob Dzuricky Cue  (6).jpg
    Bob Dzuricky Cue (6).jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 873
  • Bob Dzuricky Cue  (10).jpg
    Bob Dzuricky Cue (10).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 859
  • Bob Dzuricky Cue  (20).jpg
    Bob Dzuricky Cue (20).jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 865
  • Bob Dzuricky Cue  (22).jpg
    Bob Dzuricky Cue (22).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 841

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Ned Morris. This is my daily player and probably will be for ever.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    201 KB · Views: 901
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 916
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 884

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott I picked up a while back. I play with this at home quite a bit. Has a good hit to it but the pin is bent (I'm assuming dropped with no JP's) so I'm going to send it off to have that fixed someday.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (8).jpg
    s-l1600 (8).jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 854
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 864
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 895

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Wrong area

Please post these cues in the category...Cue and Case Gallery. Also the pictures are way to big for production cues. We don't need to see that much detail.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also have a Pechaur P10 from the 2002 catalog. And I have my original Huebler HJ and I picked up a matching merry widow Huebler HM. The goal is to have the HJ refurbished and then get a break shaft for the HM and use them as a player/breaker combo at home.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 537

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please post these cues in the category...Cue and Case Gallery. Also the pictures are way to big for production cues. We don't need to see that much detail.

Are you referring to mine? The only production cue is the McDermott, and yeah, I got pic happy.

I'll post them in the cue gallery soon.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, gentlemen.

This snooker cue was crafted by the renowned luthier, Roger Bucknall, in the mid 1980s as a prototype. It is genuinely unique, no other telescopic cue in the world comes even close to its quality. Bucknall's client list today reads like music royalty: Keith Richards, Sting, Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger etc are among those using his bespoke guitars.

rrpdsx.jpg

2i1pg0g.jpg

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
]My Dave Brainard Titleist conversion ( 47 Titleist ) Rambow replica, my new (ish) Sideways Josswest and my brand new Ariel Carmeli ( John Davis blank ) Balabushka replica. I'm set for a while.

IMG_20190409_150548.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

ZzzLypEDJ9.jpeg.jpg

Attachments

• ZzzLypEDJ9.jpeg.jpg
    ZzzLypEDJ9.jpeg.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sure we do, Tommy.

All details in every cue are important.

This thread isn’t about “non-production” cues. It’s about cue collections. So we post our cue collections here out of respect to the OP

~ K.