Non pro Snooker players and pool etiquette

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something I noticed now in several tournaments, when a mostly snooker player plays a pool match their etiquette is usually lacking. For the third time I have seen a snooker player go grab chalk in middle of the other players turn to chalk their cue (sometimes several times an inning for some strange reason when they are not even the ones shooting), grab the chalk when they miss so they other player has to wait, stand in front of the shooters line of aim, walk to the table and lean on it, move around during the other person's shot, etc..

Anyone else see this happen with snooker players? I don't mean the pros that play in high level events, just mostly foreign players that happen to get in a pool match where you know they played snooker before. They act pretty much like bar players.

Seems a bit odd to me since snooker is touted to be this high level fancy game where people tip tea cups at each other with the pincky out, so I would have though that players that mostly grew up playing and watching snooker would have better manners at the table. Maybe I just don't see the run of the mill players that shoot snooker, are snooker halls filled with sharking also?

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well, snooker is the main game in many countries that aren't known for politeness or good sportmanship..