Stupid Cue Case Cleaning Question

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a used cue with a case. The previous owner used blue chalk - apparently lots of it. My table cloth is gray, and I use gray chalk. When I clean the shafts, use them with gray, and then put them back in the case, they come out blue.

What's an effective way to clean the blue chalk out of the case?

Thanks,

jv

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
What kind of case, insert tubes, moulded or soft interior? Construction type will impact if you can get into the interior.

I have old tube cases, easy enough to pull the tubes out, get the lining free and clean (or replace)

Will a vacuum extension fit?

I got a used cue with a case. The previous owner used blue chalk - apparently lots of it. My table cloth is gray, and I use gray chalk. When I clean the shafts, use them with gray, and then put them back in the case, they come out blue.

Thanks,

jv

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Not a stupid question. Should provide some interesting answers.

My approach would be:

1) invert case and tap.

2) Low pressure compressed air using blow gun with regulator.

3) Shotgun cleaning rod with swab tip.

4) Repeat steps 2 & 3.

Good luck.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking rig up a ShopVac so that you can reach down into the bottom of the case and vacuum it out. Of course this would mean finding something suitable that will both fit the hose and be thin enough to reach down into the case.

Some cases have removable interiors.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks all, some good suggestions here. Iw as just looking for my shotgun cleaning "mops."

It's a Vincitore case. I'll look and see if the interior or parts of it come out, but I don't think so.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Ive used with success a shop vac. Duct tape.and a 3 ft piece of garden hose. But thats the Red Green in me. Do the math. Matt D.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see any way that the interior comes out.

I bought a piece of 1/2" PCV pipe and a bushing to adapt it to the vac, but the tubing is too big to fit the shaft tubes.

I might try a piece of 1/2" copper tubing next.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks,

jv

Trash it and buy a new one

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I don't see any way that the interior comes out.

I bought a piece of 1/2" PCV pipe and a bushing to adapt it to the vac, but the tubing is too big to fit the shaft tubes.

I might try a piece of 1/2" copper tubing next.

Is there any leather, or just a synthetic (plastic or composite) case. No fuzzy interiors?

If the latter, believe it or not, you can dunk it in a bathtub full of water and soap. Give it some time. Then, there are small elongated brushes you can find to scrub out the interior. Then, a very long air dry, plenty of heat.

Again, that would only work with plastic / composite. The get a new case suggestion is reasonable too.

All the best,
WW

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Ounce of prevention beats any cure, carry clean soft rag (old handkerchief) to remove "chalk" from Cue, Saft, and Cue Tip before you put Cue in Case after use.

Never have to ask that question again.:thumbup:

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We use tip clips which used to be able to be purchased on this forum. I've also bought from seyberts if I remember correctly. Keeps the case clean, but that doesnt really assist in your situation.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call me weird, but I've always wiped down my shafts and wiped the chalk off my tips when I'm done playing and I put my shafts in my cases with the joints down and the tips up.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is that what you do when that car in your avatar needs a wash?
:grin:

That car is 2013 and has never been washed. It does not go out
in the rain and after each trip when I get home I wipe it with detailer
and Microsoft towels. It has 35000 water free miles. My point was, he will
probably waste more time and money than buying a new one for $50

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That car is 2013 and has never been washed. It does not go out
in the rain and after each trip when I get home I wipe it with detailer
and Microsoft towels. It has 35000 water free miles. My point was, he will
probably waste more time and money than buying a new one for $50

You can't get that case for $50. It's $140 on eBay. That said, I'm not in the habit of throwing good things away.