Pool halls between Dayton and Cincy?

twrilyboy151

Registered
I am going to be in Ohio for a few days to interview for a new job and am wondering if anyone can recommend any decent pool halls between Dayton and Cincinatti?

Tobermory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Michael's" is on the far north side of Cincinnati. It's in a community called Fairfield. It is a wonderful room. I don't know about Dayton.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are zero "pool halls" between Cincinnati and Dayton once you get out of the city limits except for Michael's just north of the I-275 belt in Fairfield. They have all closed their doors. The rest are bars with a few bar boxes. Miami Valley Sports Bar in West Carrollton is the biggest bar with pool tables (bar boxes). They have about 15 tables or so with various other games (ping pong, shuffle board, corn hole, etc.)

I always recommend Kings Table. It's in Beavercreek east of Dayton with 1 9 ft Gold Crown and 1 9 ft Medalist. They also have 5 Valley bar boxes. Best thing about Kings Table is the Beer selection and food. Over 50 beers on tap and over 200 beers to choose from. Also serve great food.

The only other pool hall in Dayton I would recommend is Airway Billiards north of town on Needmore. They have quite a few older 9 ft Diamonds and a couple bar boxes. They serve alcohol and food.

Kelly

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You shouldn't have any money left, when you leave Dayton (Airway Billiards)

cincy_kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As others already posted, there aren't many left.

In Dayton, I would suggest Airway Billiards.

In Cincinnati you have Michaels Billiards.

If you go a little further south into Northern Kentucky (Florence) there is a little pool room called Kick Shot Billiards. I think they have 4 of the 9 foot diamond tables and maybe 8 or 10 bar tables.

If it matters to you, there is no smoking at Michaels but they do allow it at Kick Shots. Airway I am not sure.

Depending on what you are looking for, you should be able to find action in all 3 places.

Good luck!

On a side note, I think if a new pool room was opened in the right location, it could do pretty well in the Cincinnati / Northern KY area.

JZMechanix

Silver Member
Michael's Billiards

Nice, clean room with quality Diamond equipment, good food and drinks.
Check it out, you'll be glad you did!!! :thumbup:

1031151030a.jpg

1031151030b.jpg

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael's is one of the nicest pool rooms you will find anywhere. Even the tables in the back of the room were in great condition the times I visited. First class.

Airway is also recommended. I am visiting Dayton this week and was there yesterday. Tables have some use, pockets are pretty wide, not perfect conditions. But very friendly and worth the time and effort. Monday night 9-ball tournament starts at 7:00 and costs $5. It draws several very good players and is a lot of fun. It runs late, so you might not want to go if your interview is the next morning. They have other tournaments during the week.