For your review, BarBoxRules.com

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
As part of my master plan to rebuild the popularity of pool and out of my own desire to have a set of rules I can play with to avoid conflicts like some of you have described I created...

BarBoxRules.com.

The site is also intended for casual players and for folks to just have fun. (I'm seeding their minds with pool thoughts and behaviors actually)

I can't even say I have Bar Box experience when thinking about you folks so your comments would be greatly appreciated either here or there is a contact form for now. I don't want to have misleading info either.

The goal of the site is to set up basic guidelines for new players under the age of 25. Winning is not the goal. Fun for newbies and higher profits for table owners is.

Thanks in advance.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
As part of my master plan to rebuild the popularity of pool and out of my own desire to have a set of rules I can play with to avoid conflicts like some of you have described I created...

BarBoxRules.com.

The site is also intended for casual players and for folks to just have fun. (I'm seeding their minds with pool thoughts and behaviors actually)

I can't even say I have Bar Box experience when thinking about you folks so your comments would be greatly appreciated either here or there is a contact form for now. I don't want to have misleading info either.

The goal of the site is to set up basic guidelines for new players under the age of 25. Winning is not the goal. Fun for newbies and higher profits for table owners is.

Thanks in advance.

Cornerman Bar Rules

In case you were interested.

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

BarBoxRules.com.

Thanks in advance.

The "owning the table" section has my interest. It is an important thing to work out. The good thing is that you address it, but the blurb is convoluted and could use more detail and clarity. For instance taking people's "plans" into consideration? Thats what the rules are for, so when ones group plans run into another groups plans you know what to do.
Personally when I go to a bar I just ask the bartender or bouncer what the "up" rules are. When I play, if were playing for fun, we can play by whatever rules you want. If were playing for money we are going to have a conversation about rules and the money gets put on the light.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After all the talk you made about being an internet, website, and internet marketing expert, I expected to be blown away by your website. It is nothing memorable, save for the half naked dude on the front page, which probably will cause you to lose recurring visitors.

Imo:)

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
After all the talk you made about being an internet, website, and internet marketing expert, I expected to be blown away by your website. It is nothing memorable, save for the half naked dude on the front page, which probably will cause you to lose recurring visitors.

I'm going to give this the benefit of time since the Balls is from my area...but Mr Balls, you need a proofreader.

Randomly selected section:

... keep in mind that your (you're) in a Bar (bar) and not a pool hall (, somewhere in there) and your (you're) drinking.* Drinking is something world class players all know is not good for your game(most, maybe).* That said we are not playing by any of the rules they might use(not all, but some).* These rules (yours or the pro's?)are intended for people to “have a few pop’s (pops)” and have fun playing pool.
The original description of “Bar box” is a coin operated table that is smaller then (than) 7 feet. However as times have changed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to give this the benefit of time since the Balls is from my area...but Mr Balls, you need a proofreader.

Randomly selected section:

... keep in mind that your (you're) in a Bar (bar) and not a pool hall (, somewhere in there) and your (you're) drinking.* Drinking is something world class players all know is not good for your game(most, maybe).* That said we are not playing by any of the rules they might use(not all, but some).* These rules (yours or the pro's?)are intended for people to “have a few pop’s (pops)” and have fun playing pool.
The original description of “Bar box” is a coin operated table that is smaller then (than) 7 feet. However as times have changed

Doesn't know much about pool or spelling.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

I’ve had mixed feelings about Mr. Balls ever since I first seent him, but now I’m happy to admit...I am a fan. Full blown.

Very nice work here. The front page of the website, classic.

This little gem: “If you feel you have dirty balls you can feel free to ask your waitress to clean them. They are here just waiting to hear your problems and if they can wash away one by cleaning your balls then it will just make their day.”

Links to pool products. The rules seemed pretty decent...and another little gem: “Sex on the table is strictly prohibited unless it’s with the owner.”

Rgr that.

Thanks ballz-2-da-wallz

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Updates and Safties

Cornerman Bar Rules

In case you were interested.

I am, Thank you.

I read it over and found I could adjust my work with very few words for some of the problem spots. Things like touching the cue ball with the stick.. lol... I had to type it somewhere.

The Big Problem is safties.
While my "whatever" used to work in a pool hall there is a degree of difficulty for her because she has a very weak stroke. I've tried suggesting ways she could work on her stoke but she doesn't like my ideas...

So the safety or miss she commonly makes really can't be punished by ball in hand. Somebody that knows what a safety is this becomes a different story.

I'm really not sure what to do here.

The "owning the table" section has my interest. It is an important thing to work out. The good thing is that you address it, but the blurb is convoluted and could use more detail and clarity. For instance taking people's "plans" into consideration? Thats what the rules are for, so when ones group plans run into another groups plans you know what to do.
Personally when I go to a bar I just ask the bartender or bouncer what the "up" rules are. When I play, if were playing for fun, we can play by whatever rules you want. If were playing for money we are going to have a conversation about rules and the money gets put on the light.

Thank you, I have reworked this area a bit per your comments and I'm not sure how to address betting and implied bets that might be happening. This is a big area of concern for me as well and I would like to present a good starter knowledge. Something that will reduce fights and promote fun.

Garczar is the writer of the following.

OMG! Love it and it will help me make a point. I try to write so I will be understood by people that need things as clear as possible with as little slang as possible. And then sometimes I just don't care. But this is the type of person that needs, well more help then my writing.

If you want a great language laugh this is the book to read.

After all the talk you made about being an internet, website, and internet marketing expert, I expected to be blown away by your website. It is nothing memorable, save for the half-naked dude on the front page, which probably will cause you to lose recurring visitors.

I am trying to appeal to women but if you can get me a royalty-free 1920 with a girl like that on a bar box we can do the slider :). They need to be classy though.

At this stage of development, it's about the content and not the looks. When all the pages are made up I can better switch templates, adjust colors, fonts, add photos, add social media, ok I'm just putting that off but you get the idea. I need to break the balls and then see what I have to work with.

As far as the marketing once the words are in place I can do all the SEO stuff and work on the Twitter feed. This is going to be posted daily to twitter.

I updated several pages using Grammarly free and the next step is the paid version because I seem to have a few Inappropriate Colloquialisms. I'm sure that will be interesting. Take a look, added scratches and fouls too.

Need something to reduce safety fights.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I find it interesting that a person THAT NO ONE KNOWS is "trying to save pool"....
I am fairly confident that most people are not interested in dealing with this guy.

I find myself thinking WHO IS THIS PERSON that wants me to listen to them about how they are going to save pool.

I tend to steer clear of business plans who are created by anonymous individuals.

Pool is not broken and we dont need an anonymous hero...

Trent from Toledo

p.s. That is the one thing that sucks about this site: People like me that work in the industry don't hide behind screen names and are not trolls.

p.s.s. From what I hear in this thread there are dudes in boxers on the website, not my thing, not to mention I dont go to websites like that guys, he now has your IP ADDRESS and anyone elses who visits the site.

Last edited:

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WPA rules all the way except no jump shots. Winner stays. If there’s a break and run then the same challenger gets the option to play the winner again. Simple, clean and fair. Anything else is just, well, broken.

This is based on the assumption that bar pool is 8 Ball.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Even if it was cleaned up, spell checked, accuracy corrected and hopefully shortened...who is going to read it? Bar players are not known for their passion for reading, research and study habits.

Design a damn poster, get advertisers on the margins of ot and give them away.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it interesting that a person THAT NO ONE KNOWS is "trying to save pool"....

I am fairly confident that most people are not interested in dealing with this guy.

I find myself thinking WHO IS THIS PERSON that wants me to listen to them about how they are going to save pool.

I tend to steer clear of business plans who are created by anonymous individuals.

Pool is not broken and we dont need an anonymous hero...

Trent from Toledo

p.s. That is the one thing that sucks about this site: People like me that work in the industry don't hide behind screen names and are not trolls.

p.s.s. From what I hear in this thread there are dudes in boxers on the website, not my thing, not to mention I dont go to websites like that guys, he now has your IP ADDRESS and anyone elses who visits the site.
You nailed it. This guy is the new king of trolls.

He admittedly doesn't know much about pool and admits that his site is aimed at drawing in woman under the age of twenty five. Sounds more creepy than helpful.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you do visit this clown's site, be sure your using a good vpn.

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
I'll respond to the trolls later but scroll up to see last nights updates.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
If you do visit this clown's site, be sure your using a good vpn.

Can someone really get your goods just by you going to a website? The Internet is such a strange place. Why's everyone got to be out to get you these days?

I still like the site.