Why do some get their panties in a bunch over equipment?

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
ok yeah so first

ok yeah so nobody cares.

--------

Now that that's out of the way,

I get what you're saying Ghost, seriously.
It's not that you have a problem with people using different equipment.
It's not that you have a problem with people explaining (or defending) their preferences.

What you're bìtching about is people's urge to become a 'jihadist' (to borrow JCIN's apt term) about equipment. It sucks when a civil thread gets diverted because some dink can't contain himself... every single time he sees "LD shaft" (or maybe "kamui chalk" or "cuetec")...he has to take a driveby potshot at someone.

For some people, it's like this petty, kneejerk reaction to automatically bash certain things regardless of the topic at hand.

Imagine a guy who is absolutely compelled to drop his pants and shit on every daffodil he walks past in the park.

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
Daffodils

ok yeah so nobody cares.

--------

Now that that's out of the way,

I get what you're saying Ghost, seriously.
It's not that you have a problem with people using different equipment.
It's not that you have a problem with people explaining (or defending) their preferences.

What you're bìtching about is people's urge to become a 'jihadist' (to borrow JCIN's apt term) about equipment. It sucks when a civil thread gets diverted because some dink can't contain himself... every single time he sees "LD shaft" (or maybe "kamui chalk" or "cuetec")...he has to take a driveby potshot at someone.

For some people, it's like this petty, kneejerk reaction to automatically bash certain things regardless of the topic at hand.

Imagine a guy who is absolutely compelled to drop his pants and shit on every daffodil he walks past in the park.

A very apt description.. :grin-square:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
What is it about LD shafts that gets some people so mad?

It's the same thing with pool gloves.

I bet there are many AZB'ers that would kiss SVB's or Earl's ass if they bent over naked in front of them that think (and post on this forum about it) that you are some kind of mamby-pamby, sissy-fied little fruitcake if you wear one. I bet they'd never walk up to one of the MANY professionals that wear a glove and say that to their face though.

I don't get it either.

Maniac

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Hellofa nice guy actually , going out of his way to fertilize someone elses flowers.

Depends on the size of the turd :embarrassed2:.

Too big and it breaks the stem of the flower.

Maniac (now can't get the image out of his mind. Ugh!!!)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Think it is called choice, and freedom to choose.

My Type of Ride when I was young.

beater2.jpg

The Ride I would drive if I had the GREEN

silver-porsche-carrera-gt-back.jpg

TheThaiger

Banned
Strange answers to a valid question.

If you were designing the game today, from scratch, you'd insist on LD shafts and chalk that all but eliminates miscues. Deflection and miscues are significant barriers to playing the game well. People would be free to buy products that make potting balls more difficult, and they should expect to pay less to do so. It would purely be their choice. They would be marveled for their ingenuity, skill, adaptability and cheapness.

Ultimately, people like what they like and will shout about it.