Sellers Without Club Membership?!?

Should Businesses have Club Memberships to sell on AZB?

• I agree

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • I disagree

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters

Cue-Z

Billiard FingerSlides®
Silver Member
Anyone ever notice this about some sellers here on AZB?

1. They come here and sell their products without a Club Membership.
(Not talking about personal sales. These are sellers with businesses.)

2. They ONLY purchase a Club Membership if an AZB MEMBER mentions they should have one to sell as a business on AZB.

3. Then they only purchase the one month Club Membership and let it expire until someone brings it up again.

Just wondering if anyone is paying attention. Am I the ONLY one that notices this?

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
If a business is regularly selling on AZ it should have a Club membership. AZ should be paid for providing the buyers to the seller.

A Club membership should not be required for individuals or businesses making a once/twice-a-year sale (pool room selling a used table, etc).

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I have been a club member for at least 1 year and possibly two.

When you purchase a membership it says "plus entry in our monthly member drawing".
In the very beginning these drawings were actually held. Then they started
mising months and then they stopped.

I exchanged quite a few PM's with AZHousePro about this and he always said
he would get them back on track. Never happened.
This is the sole reason I am no longer a club member, and no it is not about the small
chance of winning a DVD or picture, it is about doing what you say you will do especially when I am paying for it.

As for businesses or "sellers" having some kind of moral obligation, I disagree completely (and not because
of the missing monthly drawings).

gr. Dave

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been a club member for at least 1 year and possibly two.

When you purchase a membership it says "plus entry in our monthly member drawing".
In the very beginning these drawings were actually held. Then they started
mising months and then they stopped.

I exchanged quite a few PM's with AZHousePro about this and he always said
he would get them back on track. Never happened.
This is the sole reason I am no longer a club member, and no it is not about the small
chance of winning a DVD or picture, it is about doing what you say you will do especially when I am paying for it.

As for businesses or "sellers" having some kind of moral obligation, I disagree completely (and not because
of the missing monthly drawings).

gr. Dave

While all of this may be true, it's also true that people who quit supporting something because of one error or the other or a mistake by the person with the offering, will miss out on some of the best stuff. The stuff that comes after a seller has paid their dues and made the mistakes already.

Many entrepreneurs are all about constantly improving. In fact, doing things wrong is often the very route to success with it. There are many names for it. "school of hard knocks", "learning curve", "education" and others.

Learn to be more forgiving and enjoy some of the best that the human race has to offer.

Ray

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Club membership should be a requirement for anyone selling on AZ, and businesses should pay for advertising.
Mandatory club membership for the WFS would eliminate a lot of the issues people are complaining about, especially the influx of Craigslist & Ebay types selling their crap on here.
I also think that mandatory club membership would slow things down enough in the WFS to end the ridiculous 48-bumping rule.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
While all of this may be true, it's also true that people who quit supporting something because of one error or the other or a mistake by the person with the offering, will miss out on some of the best stuff. The stuff that comes after a seller has paid their dues and made the mistakes already.

Many entrepreneurs are all about constantly improving. In fact, doing things wrong is often the very route to success with it. There are many names for it. "school of hard knocks", "learning curve", "education" and others.

Learn to be more forgiving and enjoy some of the best that the human race has to offer.

Ray

Hi Ray,

I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree.
Everyone makes mistakes, everyone forgets to do things from time to time,
this is no problem. However, I have had numerous pm discussions with AZHousePro about this
and at some point a mistake or oversight becomes a flat out lie, this for me was about 3 years ago.

He could reinstate the monthly drawings OR simply change the text to no longer
include a reference to a monthly drawing. As long as neither are done he is deceiving people out of their money.
I will not support that. When either of the two possible solutions is carried out I will become a
club member once again.

gr. Dave

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Good Post....

Club membership should be a requirement for anyone selling on AZ, and businesses should pay for advertising.
Mandatory club membership for the WFS would eliminate a lot of the issues people are complaining about, especially the influx of Craigslist & Ebay types selling their crap on here.
I also think that mandatory club membership would slow things down enough in the WFS to end the ridiculous 48-bumping rule.

Good post, I totally agree.

Will Prout

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mandatory club membership ould also eliminate a LOT of the sales here AND a lot of the traffic. Making membership mandatory is a bad idea.