Pool Hall Patrons

Over a month, what percentage of customers at your local pool hall are female?

• 5-10%

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 50%+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
A common thread in the Bar Rescue series is that the number of females present in a bar will directly determine its' success or failure. Being honest about it, what percentage of patrons on average (over a month) at your local hall are women?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A common thread in the Bar Rescue series is that the number of females present in a bar will directly determine its' success or failure. Being honest about it, what percentage of patrons on average (over a month) at your local hall are women?

are you talking about regular patrons or league players ? there is a big difference in the numbers between the 2 .

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
are you talking about regular patrons or league players ? there is a big difference in the numbers between the 2 .

There's a lot more females in league than on a regular night. But 20/500 players might feel warm and fuzzy but it's still 4%. And those girls are there at the very most 4 nights in a month. So sure, add them in but in the words of Cleary and Buffalo ... do the math (first). ;)

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Pool hall vs. league night in a bar is a big difference.
My vote is way off if you are talking about bar league pool.
My APA in-house league is at least 50/50.
Hanks Billiards is a different story, especially when there are only 4-people there playing 9-ball, a couple of 3C guys, a bunch of old golf players, with various wiseguys and homeless people hanging around>>:smile:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a lot more females in league than on a regular night. But 20/500 players might feel warm and fuzzy but it's still 4%. And those girls are there at the very most 4 nights in a month. So sure, add them in but in the words of Cleary and Buffalo ... do the math (first). ;)

after reading your reply i voted 20-30 %

however on fri nights its almost 50%. a whole lot of guys bring dates and i have seen groups of 3 or 4 girls come in by theirselves " although not as regular as i would like to see":wink:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool hall vs. league night in a bar is a big difference.
My vote is way off if you are talking about bar league pool.
My APA in-house league is at least 50/50.
Hanks Billiards is a different story, especially when there are only 4-people there playing 9-ball, a couple of 3C guys, a bunch of old golf players, with various wiseguys and homeless people hanging around>>:smile:

Hanks is great. Where else can you stand in on a wet urine soaked floor while taking a leak?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i got to thinking ....i guess the answer would vary from one type of pool hall to another.

my vote was 20-30 % at my fav poolhall. another one that i have frequented i would have to say it is at least 50% every time i have been there.

let me describe the differences in the pool halls as far as setup and clientle.

my fav has more gold crowns than valley bar tables. clientle is geared toward the serious player but does not neglet the league players, matter of fact there is league held every day of the week.

the other place has almost all valleys. clientle is almost all the younger crowd. has a few league nights. also holds dart leagues.

last but not least. another place has all diamond tables but since it is on the other side of town i very seldom visit it.i can not tell you the make up of the clientle.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Bars are not Pool rooms. ;)

1 girl in a pool room is the equivalent of 10+ in a bar.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know since we don't have a local pool room. Noticed they have a thing for red cloth when they redo tables, yikes!

Last edited:

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
There should be more Females

Hmmmmmmm, :scratchhead:
Could there be a bigger turn-on than a chic pokin' a ball with a stick ?
(especially if she's a bit girly.) :love2:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Said with adoring affection, not arrogance

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suspect some of them are women dressed as men. They will not get into a tournament unless it's handicapped. They sport a short haircut, checkered flannel shirt, jeans, work boots and a trucker's wallet. They have a few tattoos on their barrel shaped body and always have the most gorgeous female companion you have ever seen, that likes to be treated like dirt and slapped around.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I understand you've, "been in the system", and obviously prefer the bottom bunk but this obsession with cross dressing is not related to pool.

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand you've, "been in the system", and obviously prefer the bottom bunk but this obsession with cross dressing is not related to pool.

No, never been in the system and never been arrested.

The question is about men vrs women ratio in the poolroom, since your memory tends to fail you rather quickly.

I described some of the women that frequent pool rooms.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I would have to say, they place I play in usually has a lot of women coming in, but not always for pool. Take a look at some of the pics in my posts in the league night thread, you can see the crowd that shows up there. Granted that was mostly pics from a league party and there are usually less kids around hehe, but there is a huge variety of types that play there.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=314126

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Basically, not-quite-half the people at the bar area are females.
But actual pool players, it's like 5-1 or one some days 10-1 male to female.

Best guesstimate is this works out to 30% but I wouldn't be surprised if that's a bit low.
The tables take up so much more room but half are unrented and the rest have only 2 people usually. The bar meanwhile is crowded all around + in the nearby tables. There are more people around the bar alone than all the tables combined.