Can anyone help me out with a decent quality cue for $150 price range?

I have been without a cue for awhile, and really wanting to find something ASAP.

I got really desperate for money several weeks back, and sold my very nice Hightower cue for $150, which I really regret doing (but I can't change the past, or buy the cue back), so I am in the market for another cue again (because I really miss shooting, and want something decent to play with again).

I do not have more then $150 to spend though.

If anyone has anything nice and good quality (but not anything cheaply made from China), and you would be willing to let it go for no more then $150 shipped, then please PM me details about what you have.

Please do not reply to this thread with any offers or anything else that you might be thinking.

Please PM me (if you know how to do that).

I am very grateful for any offers, but I am kind of picky about cues, and really want to find something with points if possible (I never really cared for plane jane cues).

Thanks, and again, please PM me if you have anything that you would like to say to me, or any offers (please do not reply to this thread).

Thanks again.

Last edited:

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
In your other thread you say you aren't picky, in this thread you say you are picky. We all know you're picky. You've been without a cue for a while now? How long is that like a week.

In your other thread you say you aren't picky, in this thread you say you are picky. We all know you're picky. You've been without a cue for a while now? How long is that like a week.

Yeah, I am picky about the looks of a cue (for example, I love points to be in a cue, and I do not like plain jane cues), but I am not picky about the condition of the cue (so, beat up all to hell, with a million nicks and dings is just fine with me, just so the shaft is nice and smooth). So, yeah, I am picky when it comes to wanting a cue with points, but not picky when it comes to the condition of it (just so the cue is fairly straight). Cues can be refinished, but warps in the butt can't be repaired (or are not worth the cost of attempting a repair, most of the time), so this is why I think a warped cue is much worse then a cue that is in bad need of a refinish. Having a fairly straight cue is also important. Condition (like nicks and dings, just so they are not in the shaft) is not really a big deal to me. In fact, I love nice vintage beat up cues, lol. I think they have character (and show that they have been played for many years, and maybe in hundreds of pool halls and bars).

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I have been without a cue for awhile, and really wanting to find something ASAP.

I got really desperate for money several weeks back, and sold my very nice Hightower cue for $150, which I really regret doing (but I can't change the past, or buy the cue back), so I am in the market for another cue again (because I really miss shooting, and want something decent to play with again).

I do not have more then $150 to spend though.

If anyone has anything nice and good quality (but not anything cheaply made from China), and you would be willing to let it go for no more then $150 shipped, then please PM me details about what you have.

Please do not reply to this thread with any offers or anything else that you might be thinking.

Please PM me (if you know how to do that).

I am very grateful for any offers, but I am kind of picky about cues, and really want to find something with points if possible (I never really cared for plane jane cues).

Thanks, and again, please PM me if you have anything that you would like to say to me, or any offers (please do not reply to this thread).

Thanks again.

I went ahead and put this in Google Translator, here's what came out:

I am desperate and cheap and broke and keep flipping cues and driving people batty and am continuing to get cues on the very cheap then complaining publicly about those who sold them to me so if you have a $600 or better cue, nothing from China, and nothing plain, and are willing to sell it to me for $150 max, again because I'm desperate and broke, then let's discuss it but do not dare say anything here, let's keep your charitable offers to me private. Remember, I'm kinda picky and so if your $150 cue doesn't arrive perfect and at a much higher value than what I paid, please know I'm gonna b1tch and moan about you here on Az, first anonymously to give you a chance to send me some free stuff or to give partial refunds to ease my pain, and if that doesn't work, well, I'm gonna post your name.

Thanks again and again, suckers.

Google Translator, amazing technology.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went ahead and put this in Google Translator, here's what came out:

I am desperate and cheap and broke and keep flipping cues and driving people batty and am continuing to get cues on the very cheap then complaining publicly about those who sold them to me so if you have a $600 or better cue, nothing from China, and nothing plain, and are willing to sell it to me for $150 max, again because I'm desperate and broke, then let's discuss it but do not dare say anything here, let's keep your charitable offers to me private. Remember, I'm kinda picky and so if your $150 cue doesn't arrive perfect and at a much higher value than what I paid, please know I'm gonna b1tch and moan about you here on Az, first anonymously to give you a chance to send me some free stuff or to give partial refunds to ease my pain, and if that doesn't work, well, I'm gonna post your name.

Thanks again and again, suckers.

Google Translator, amazing technology.

best,
brian kc
robert-de-niro-loves-world-cup-soccer-crash-party.gif

Are we to now expect to be treated to a new ad every other day from now on?

Keith

If people would have just minded their own business, and left my other thread alone, then you would not have had to see this 2nd thread. I kindly asked to please not reply to my threads, and I still get more nasty replies. Why can't you guys just leave me alone, and mind your own business? Just ignore my thread if you do not like it. Are you guys really that bored? Do you not have better things to do with your time? Please just leave me and my threads alone. Thank you.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin, maybe you're a nice guy. Not sure, don't really know you but a lot of this you have brought upon yourself. Every time you end up with a cue for a great price and deal, you go on to either complain about the cue, the maker or the seller in a thread a few weeks later.

What a lot of these guys feel they need to do is not so much pick on you, but to give others a warning of what happens when someone deals with you.

Quit begging for a cue that is going to be worth way more than what you want to pay. In one thread you were wanting a Bushka style cue for $150 and it couldn't be production based? Really? Come on guy, be realistic. $150 gets you a cheap production cue from China.

A lot of us get insulted by your threads begging for a hand out. I have a lot of time and money into my custom cues and really get tired of hearing your sob stories. Buy and sell what you want, but leave the drama somewhere else and try to get back to reality on what you will get in your price range.

If people would have just minded their own business, and left my other thread alone, then you would not have had to see this 2nd thread. I kindly asked to please not reply to my threads, and I still get more nasty replies. Why can't you guys just leave me alone, and mind your own business? Just ignore my thread if you do not like it. Are you guys really that bored? Do you not have better things to do with your time? Please just leave me and my threads alone. Thank you.

Justin, maybe you're a nice guy. Not sure, don't really know you but a lot of this you have brought upon yourself. Every time you end up with a cue for a great price and deal, you go on to either complain about the cue, the maker or the seller in a thread a few weeks later.

What a lot of these guys feel they need to do is not so much pick on you, but to give others a warning of what happens when someone deals with you.

Quit begging for a cue that is going to be worth way more than what you want to pay. In one thread you were wanting a Bushka style cue for $150 and it couldn't be production based? Really? Come on guy, be realistic. $150 gets you a cheap production cue from China.

A lot of us get insulted by your threads begging for a hand out. I have a lot of time and money into my custom cues and really get tired of hearing your sob stories. Buy and sell what you want, but leave the drama somewhere else and try to get back to reality on what you will get in your price range.

I have had very good reasons to complain about the cues that I posted threads about. They were advertised to roll perfectly straight, and I received them in very clearly warped condition (very clear and very noticeable warps in the forearms). Any buyer would have been very upset about the condition of these cues (when they were advertised as rolling straight).

You say that $150 can only get me a cheaply made cue from China. If that is true, then why was I so hard put to get $150 out of my Hightower cue? That was a $700 cue originally. The cue I had before that was a very nice Mark Bear custom conversion (made by Baxter), and that was about a $200 trade value that I got on it. The cue I had before that was a very nice South East cue (made by Nat Green from Clarksville TN) with points and inlays (if I remember correctly), and I got about $250 out of that cue. The cue I had before that was a very nice 4 point Helmstetter (which had a little bit of a warp in the forearm, but was advertised to roll straight, by the way), and I paid $300 for it, but only got about $175 out of it after all ebay fees and paypal fees. So, unless the value of the dollar has dramatically dropped, then I do not understand why I can't find something decent for around $150. I added that condition (like nicks and dings) is not a concern to me. I am not looking for a hand out. Just looking for something nice that is of decent quality. I have sold most of my recent very nice cues for an average of around $200, so does that $50 difference really make that much of a drop in quality that I can get? Would $200 get me that much better of a cue then $150? I seen a very nice South East recently sell on ebay for $160 (check it out below).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUTH-EAST-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I did not have the money to bid on it, and I do not know if I could have won even if I would have bid something like $250, but as you can see, that can sold for $160 (and that was like a 7 day auction I think). I know that nice good quality cues are out their for the amount of money that I have to spend, but I just have to do the waiting and constant watching game. These cues really are not worth much, and I understand that. I am not trying to find a $500 or $1,000 cue for $150. I am just looking for something that really strikes my fancy, that I think I will like, and that I know is of good quality. Please do not tell me that I can't find something decent and American made for the amount of money that I can afford to spend (which is around $150), because I know that you are wrong about that. I just need to be patient, and keep my eye out for something that I really like, that is in my price range. By the way, I did not mean to beg. I just wish that I could find something nice and decent for the money that I have. If I can't then I will just keep saving, and waiting. I am not going to settle for something that I do not like though (I would rather be without a cue). None of you guys know me, and you do not know all of the facts about my past deals. You guys just judge me without knowing the facts. Please just mind your own business, and leave me alone. Please keep your personal opinions about me to yourself. I am tired of trying to defend myself. I have never done anything wrong on here (not intentionally anyways).

Last edited:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
You can't be the only pool player in that town. Maybe you should confine your search locally so if there's
a problem with the cue you can take the issue right to them, sort of eye to eye, you know.

Or maybe go to a retailer like Seyberts or Pool Dawg so you know their policies up front and there's no
question.

Even on Ebay your transaction can be labeled questionable and that may not the best way to go if you are
really particular about your cue

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
Seybert's has a payment plan for equipment...will help if you want to shoot with the cue, not if you want to flip it. Just putting that out there.

You can't be the only pool player in that town. Maybe you should confine your search locally so if there's
a problem with the cue you can take the issue right to them, sort of eye to eye, you know.

Or maybe go to a retailer like Seyberts or Pool Dawg so you know their policies up front and there's no
question.

Even on Ebay your transaction can be labeled questionable and that may not the best way to go if you are
really particular about your cue

I am honestly not a picky person, but when a seller advertises a cue to roll straight, and then a receive it with a very noticeable roll out in the joint and forearm, I think it is reasonable that I have every right to be upset about it. I could care less about finish flaws, or nicks and dings, but if the seller advertises it to roll straight, then it should roll straight when I receive it. Can you understand that?

promise?!?

Yes, I promise. I am done on here. It is clear to me that nobody likes me here, and I do not have any ones respect. Nobody on here can be understanding that I have just had a lot of bad luck with receiving warped cues that were advertised as being straight, so yeah, I am done on here.

Seybert's has a payment plan for equipment...will help if you want to shoot with the cue, not if you want to flip it. Just putting that out there.

I have have bad credit, mostly from medical bills from ER visits that charged me like $800 a visit (so no business is going to ship me a cue before it is fully paid off), so I would have to make payments on it for a very long time before I could get it paid off. I just want something nice and cheap. At this point, I do not even care if it is warped. I just want something nice to shoot with.

Last edited: