Old
  (#166)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-22-2019, 05:24 AM

In case anybody missed the interesting part of Low's post:

Quote:
Hal Houle in his own words:

"Any table has a 2 to 1 ratio; 3 1/2 x 7, 4 x 8, 4 x 9, 5 x 10, 6 x 12. It is always twice as long as it is wide. The table corners are 90 degree angles. When you lay a cue from the side pocket to the corner pocket, you are forming an angle of 45 degrees. When you lay a cue from the side pocket to the middle diamond on the same end rail, you are forming an angle of 30 degrees. When you lay a cue from the side pocket to the first diamond on the same end rail, you are forming an angle of 15 degrees. When you add up these 3 angles, they total 90 degrees, which is the same angle formed by the table corners."
This is Hal himself describing the "thinking" behind his famous "3-angle" system - the foundation that CTE is built on.

He must've left out the part about sacrificing a chicken...

lol

Even though Hal's thinking was hilarious, he was at least able and willing to describe it, unlike today's CTEdiots. I still think of him as a nice but deluded guy (who could play pool).

pj
chgo

Old
  (#167)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Name calling = A sure sign that a liberal is losing the argument
Now it's a liberal vs. conservative thing?

lol

Just when I didn't think it could get any dumber...

pj
chgo

Old
  (#168)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day

05-22-2019, 07:48 AM

P.S. In case you think Hal's numerology nonsense actually means something, here's a few corrections to his "math":

Quote:
"Any table has a 2 to 1 ratio; 3 1/2 x 7, 4 x 8, 4 x 9, 5 x 10, 6 x 12. It is always twice as long as it is wide. The table corners are 90 degree angles. When you lay a cue from the side pocket to the corner pocket, you are forming an angle of 45 degrees. When you lay a cue from the side pocket to the middle diamond on the same end rail, you are forming an angle of 30 degrees. (<- Nope, that's about 26.5 degrees) When you lay a cue from the side pocket to the first diamond on the same end rail, you are forming an angle of 15 degrees. (<- Nope, that's about 14 degrees) When you add up these 3 angles, they total 90 degrees (<- Nope, they total about 85.5 degrees), which is the same angle formed by the table corners."
Yes, I still think he was a nice guy.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#169)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-22-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Name calling = A sure sign that a liberal is losing the argument
Ironically, I generally agree with you about liberals and politics, but this is a clear "kettle calling the pot black" situation. Is there anybody you haven't called stupid in this thead?

Dan White

Old
  (#170)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2019, 05:52 PM

--------------------------------------

Last edited by Low500; 06-11-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Old
  (#171)
cutemonster
AzB Silver Member
cutemonster is on a distinguished road

05-22-2019, 06:10 PM

Who wins the argument this time?

Old
  (#172)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
Ironically, I generally agree with you about liberals and politics, but this is a clear "kettle calling the pot black" situation. Is there anybody you haven't called stupid in this thead?
Only called you stupid actually. Are you trying to say you didn't deserve it.

Old
  (#173)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

05-25-2019, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Only called you stupid actually. Are you trying to say you didn't deserve it.
You also implied that Brian was stupid without using the word. Of course then there are all of your posts which clearly show you to be a moron, but I would never actually call you a moron because that is an ad hominem attack and is against forum rules, kind of like how you call me stupid without repercussion so I guess we're even (even though your attack was unprovoked).

Dan White

Old
  (#174)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

05-25-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
You also implied that Brian was stupid without using the word. Of course then there are all of your posts which clearly show you to be a moron, but I would never actually call you a moron because that is an ad hominem attack and is against forum rules, kind of like how you call me stupid without repercussion so I guess we're even (even though your attack was unprovoked).
I don't think i implied that about Brian at all. Of course misinterpreting is a skill you have though. Brian and I are ok.
You guys started with the name calling and such. I just gave it back which it seems you can't seem to handle someone firing back at you.
Go back and read your posts last Sunday i believe. Some pretty stupid ones in there along with some major misinterpreting and misrepresenting by you.
I would suggest you read them again, and then just go away.
Why are you so fascinated by CTE again that it consumes you.
JUST WAIT FOR THE BOOK.

Old
  (#175)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member

05-25-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
JUST WAIT FOR THE BOOK.
I told Stan 3 years ago that I'd wait for the book instead of having to listen to his non-answers over and over. I held to that for quite awhile. That was three years ago. Three...years... and then he comes out with a video stating that his book was not going to address the question that has caused all the arguing. So what dispute is the book going to solve when it isn't going to address the very question that is causing it?

Dan White

Old
  (#176)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

05-25-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I told Stan 3 years ago that I'd wait for the book instead of having to listen to his non-answers over and over. I held to that for quite awhile. That was three years ago. Three...years... and then he comes out with a video stating that his book was not going to address the question that has caused all the arguing. So what dispute is the book going to solve when it isn't going to address the very question that is causing it?
Again, you are misinterpreting what Stan said in the video. Everything you can imagine about the system will be thoroughly explained in the book. But, if you really think the book won't resolve anything in your mind, why not just let it go and get on with your life?
If the book takes another 3 years are you going to spend the next 3 years obsessing?

The "how" it works will be explained thoroughly.
The "why" it works we may never know. And most of us will never care.

Old
  (#177)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

05-25-2019, 04:15 PM

-------------------------------

Last edited by Low500; 06-11-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Old
  (#178)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day

05-25-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
I just cannot comprehend
Quote:
I just cannot comprehend
Quote:
I just cannot comprehend
The first step is realizing you have a problem.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#179)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

05-25-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
So what dispute is the book going to solve when it isn't going to address the very question that is causing it?
So, what is your incessant badgering on here going to do about anything?

Why don't you let it die?

Are you obsessed?

Do you need an intervention of some sort?

Old
  (#180)
Low500
AzB Silver Member

05-25-2019, 08:01 PM

-------------------------------

Last edited by Low500; 06-11-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Page 12 of 15 « First 2101112 1314 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: