Can you Compete after 3-4 hrs practice?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm doing this all the time and I am thinking my concentration is shot. I can NOT practice on the day of a match. I've been doing this but my game goes to hell. But I'm old. Never again for me. How about you?

Last edited:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's not always practical, but I like shooting for awhile before playing somebody-
sometimes I don't even feel warmed up until after shooting for an hour or two.
3-4 hours sounds like a good practice sesh tho- if you're having trouble maintaining your focus for that long, try practicing less before a match?
maybe boil your pre-match practice down to fundamental stuff, no filler..like somebody said, "quality>quantity"..

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm doing this all the time and I am thinking my concentration is shot. I can NOT practice on the day of a match. I've been doing this but my game goes to hell. But I'm old. Never again for me. How about you?

In a nutshell....NO!

If you are practicing properly then you are in the wrong
side of the BRAIN. If you are just playing, then YES!

randyg

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
In a nutshell....NO!

If you are practicing properly then you are in the wrong
side of the BRAIN. If you are just playing, then YES!

randyg

When I practice it's drills on every aspect of the game. Not playing ghost. So doing drills over and over is the wrong side of the brain? That might explain it.

Last edited:

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I practice it's drills on every aspect of the game. Not playing ghost. So doing drills over and over is the wrong side of the brain? That might explain it.

Great question.

It's not the wrong side of the Brain, it is what it is.
Proper Practice requires us to be in the Analytical side of the brain. We have to set goals and inspect results. Drills are great if done properly. After drills you have to let yourself have some absorption time. Let the Brain sort things out.

When we play, we are suppose to be in the Creative side of the Brain, then into the automatic movements you work so hard on.

That's why it is imperative to have your three shot routines working perfectly.

We can only play as good as we practice!!!!!

Hope this helps
randyg

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Great question.

It's not the wrong side of the Brain, it is what it is.
Proper Practice requires us to be in the Analytical side of the brain. We have to set goals and inspect results. Drills are great if done properly. After drills you have to let yourself have some absorption time. Let the Brain sort things out.

When we play, we are suppose to be in the Creative side of the Brain, then into the automatic movements you work so hard on.

That's why it is imperative to have your three shot routines working perfectly.

We can only play as good as we practice!!!!!

Hope this helps
randyg

Many thanks. I think that explains my problem with competing after practice.