3m 77

d_day

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember seeing a thread about 3m 77 being reformulated and not really usable for pool tables anymore, but I can't seem to find the thread.

Is 77 okay to use? If not, what is the right glue to use on a valley 7ft?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I remember seeing a thread about 3m 77 being reformulated and not really usable for pool tables anymore, but I can't seem to find the thread.

My new spray adhesive will be on the market shortly, but my free YouTube videos are going to show it only being used to install the rail cloth, the bed cloths still need to be installed with my roll on adhesive.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member

3M 77 is fine to use, so long as you use it properly. I'm not aware of any reformulation. Been using it for years.

BrownDawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
77 works good on a one piece slate like a Valley where you wrap the cloth underneath and the slate then sits on top of it. It will not work as well on tables that you just glue to the edge as the cloth can move or migrate. Just be sure the cloth strips are in place on the center support beams. When using it to apply the rail cloth I add a few staples down the center portion as insurance.

SlateHumper

Pokin' and Hopin'
Silver Member
Super 77

I use Super 77 and I would not use anything else. I have tried all kind of crap over the last 24 years. Every time a new adhesive has come out, they always tell that it's better. It's their job. They are trying to sell you something. SO STICK IT ;)

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I use Super 77 and I would not use anything else. I have tried all kind of crap over the last 24 years. Every time a new adhesive has come out, they always tell that it's better. It's their job. They are trying to sell you something. SO STICK IT ;)

From the Simonis website:

"Note for Glue-Down Installations

Simonis cloth can be glued, but only with certain adhesives. Most spray adhesives, WILL NOT hold the cloth in a edge-glue application."

I would like to see 3m77 used to install simonis with a stretch index of 2" or more. I would not bother trying. Please post videos :)

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Doing something wrong for 24 years still don't make it right!

SlateHumper

Pokin' and Hopin'
Silver Member
Egomaniac

Doing something wrong for 24 years still don't make it right!

I remember the 1st time that I spoke to you. You called me on a Saturday and introduced yourself. I told you that I was working and in the middle of a table. You then proceeded to try to sell me some videos on how to do my job. I remember when you 1st started coming in here and telling everyone how they did everything wrong. You being great at what you do doesn't mean you're not an asshole

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I remember the 1st time that I spoke to you. You called me on a Saturday and introduced yourself. I told you that I was working and in the middle of a table. You then proceeded to try to sell me some videos on how to do my job. I remember when you 1st started coming in here and telling everyone how they did everything wrong. You being great at what you do doesn't mean you're not an asshole

It's a shame that after all these years of everyone improving their skills working on pool tables, you haven't improved whatsoever, it's no wonder you dropped out of the business to clean houses, did that dry up an now you're back to working on tables again?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You're the blind leading the blind, step into the light buddy, my adhesive IS better than any other adhesives on the market, but you have to first learn how to perform the work right!

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
You're the blind leading the blind, step into the light buddy, my adhesive IS better than any other adhesives on the market, but you have to first learn how to perform the work right!

Glen, while I am not disputing your claim, do you have any quantifiable evidence to support your claims?

For many cloth applications, 3M 77 is perfectly sufficient. In cases where it is not, 3M 90 is a great alternative, as is 3M 10, Parabond M-250, or RKC250.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen, while I am not disputing your claim, do you have any quantifiable evidence to support your claims?

For many cloth applications, 3M 77 is perfectly sufficient. In cases where it is not, 3M 90 is a great alternative, as is 3M 10, Parabond M-250, or RKC250.

That's easy, go recover about 50 bar tables, when you get done scraping all the spray glue build up off....then report back with your finding. Then, stretch index Simonis cloth to go on the bar slate as tight as you would FB10....come back for the service call when the complaints come in that the slate is now showing under the rails because the.spray glue didn't hold, or the pocket flaps are hanging in the pockets because the spray glue didn't hold. Try rolling a ball next to the cushions when the spray glue is not scraped off....good luck with that.