gluing cloth

SlateMate

Banned
ok, i have the rails done (well, done as well as i can do anyway. they look good. not fantastic but good) so now i have to glue on my cloth which i've never done before.... i noticed that the original cloth has glue on the edges of the TOP of the slate but no glue residue on on the edges themselves which i thought was odd. i thought that one would use more glue on the outside edges than the top of the slate where the rails bolt on.

Attachments

• DSCF2828.JPG
    DSCF2828.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 244

realkingcobra

Silver Member
ok, i have the rails done (well, done as well as i can do anyway. they look good. not fantastic but good) so now i have to glue on my cloth which i've never done before.... i noticed that the original cloth has glue on the edges of the TOP of the slate but no glue residue on on the edges themselves which i thought was odd. i thought that one would use more glue on the outside edges than the top of the slate where the rails bolt on.

Bankwire me $150 and I'll walk you through the process.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

No adhesive on top of the slate at all. Supposed to be an edge bond only....

Trent from Toledo

P.s. No 3m77 with Simonis.