Moving a table 6-12 inches

BenRaines

Registered
Looking for some input.

I just had a Billiards Company re-felt my table and cushions and level it up and they did a great job.

But it turns out the table needs moved about 6-12"s from the wall.
I have a base Brunswick model built back in the late 80's.

I talked to the person that set my table up and there telling me that they will need to tear the table down move it and than put it back together.

I mentioned the idea of putting sliders under the feet and sliding it and he said he didn't recommend that.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Looking for some input.

I just had a Billiards Company re-felt my table and cushions and level it up and they did a great job.

But it turns out the table needs moved about 6-12"s from the wall.
I have a base Brunswick model built back in the late 80's.

I talked to the person that set my table up and there telling me that they will need to tear the table down move it and than put it back together.

I mentioned the idea of putting sliders under the feet and sliding it and he said he didn't recommend that.

Go buy the sliders, put them under the feet, slide the table, take them out, then call them to come level the table and pay just for that service.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go buy the sliders, put them under the feet, slide the table, take them out, then call them to come level the table and pay just for that service.

Probably a dumb question, but is there a way to slide an old Anniversary model in this fashion? Also trying to avoid a virtual takedown to move laterally about a foot. Thanks.

Mine does not have the stretcher, or "cross beam" between the leg supports, if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Probably a dumb question, but is there a way to slide an old Anniversary model in this fashion? Also trying to avoid a virtual takedown to move laterally about a foot. Thanks.

Mine does not have the stretcher, or "cross beam" between the leg supports, if that makes a difference.

No difference.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep! ;-)

Just looks dicey the way the frame kind of overlaps the sides of the leg supports and I don't have that piece down the middle on my model.

Probably replacing the cloth as well and will also consult with the guy that assembled and leveled up for me. Will do whatever is required, but won't complain if there isn't a ton of taking apart for the move. Have a wall on one side I'm just tired of using a short cue with and years ago went with appearance in the space over functionality. Since the aprons/rails will have to lift off to do the cloth, that should help with grabbing it in the right places. Won't be a DIY.

Last edited: