New Shaft Technology Prototype

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clearly this takes advantage of channeling helical force vectors through a parabolic taper.

figure-23-05-04a.jpeg

LINK

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see where the focusing of the helical vortices could really help your game. ;)

vasilios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good Grief Doc - the swirl in the parabolic !!!
On top of that your link goes to E-bay -

bill

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clearly this takes advantage of channeling helical force vectors through a parabolic taper.

figure-23-05-04a.jpeg

LINK

I don't see how you are going to twist the maple shaft into a helix without breaking it.

But if you did, you will find that the V at the end of the taper will be lower than the V at the butt end.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see how you are going to twist the maple shaft into a helix without breaking it.

But if you did, you will find that the V at the end of the taper will be lower than the V at the butt end.

Steam and this:

Twister%20From%20the%20Side%20Docs.jpg

Or maybe just harvest the right wood.

41c37265196bae8f7c2aa5d9b726dbd3.jpg

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member

No problem with helical force vectors through a parabolic taper, Doc.

But this would leave out the density of the material. I am guessing Kryptonite or Unobtainium.

Depending on the density of the material, the taper would have to vary. Even the folks at Predator realized, with Revo, they had to put a steel slug in the bottom part of it to achieve a decent weight and balance.

So, I am guessing the density of Kryptonite vs Unobtainium would have to be taken into account to determine the shaft taper. And if either are light, a compensation would be needed, similar to the Revo. Unfortunately, I think both those materials are heavy, so some thinking is needed to achieve it.

Don't get me started on Depleted Uranium. It would be a challenge for a shaft.

All the best,
WW

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problem with helical force vectors through a parabolic taper, Doc.

But this would leave out the density of the material. I am guessing Kryptonite or Unobtainium.

Depending on the density of the material, the taper would have to vary. Even the folks at Predator realized, with Revo, they had to put a steel slug in the bottom part of it to achieve a decent weight and balance.

So, I am guessing the density of Kryptonite vs Unobtainium would have to be taken into account to determine the shaft taper. And if either are light, a compensation would be needed, similar to the Revo. Unfortunately, I think both those materials are heavy, so some thinking is needed to achieve it.

Don't get me started on Depleted Uranium. It would be a challenge for a shaft.

All the best,
WW

You propose to twist unobtanium? :eek:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
You propose to twist unobtanium? :eek:

No. I would try Depleted Uranium.

The problem is, it is so heavy, that the shaft walls would have to be incredibly thin. But, if balanced right, it wouldn't need that steel plug that the carbon fiber shafts are coming out with. And, I think it would be low deflect, because you can make the end of it as thin as you want.

So many materials, so many options...

All the best,
WW

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really sure if you all are serious, joking or a combination of the two...

Carbon fiber layup variations could likely create any characteristic one would desire.