Cuetec Cynergy shaft, new

Bob J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting used to the tip, or perhaps it's getting used to me. I doubt that it's firmed up much over the past 3 days.

I love the shaft enough that I ordered a second one! Blew my pool equipment budget for the next few months, but I had Seybert's Bucks accumulated and they had the shaft available still. Hey, you only live once.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
I pay mine now 3 Month and not go back to Wood, played over 35 years with Wood. But I love only the Cuetec Carbon shaft, tried near all brands before. The sniper is perfect, made your nickel/dime and all is okay, no mushrooming, still Looks perfect after 20000 Balls, Needs only needles from time to time to grip more the balls softer.
Just my 2 Cents
RG

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I pay mine now 3 Month and not go back to Wood, played over 35 years with Wood. But I love only the Cuetec Carbon shaft, tried near all brands before. The sniper is perfect, made your nickel/dime and all is okay, no mushrooming, still Looks perfect after 20000 Balls, Needs only needles from time to time to grip more the balls softer.
Just my 2 Cents
RG

I got mine yesterday and I love it. I'm on the fence with the tip but it's mostly because I use triangles primarily. I think Cuetec hit a home run with this shaft.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. I don't think a soft tip has "more bite" (although it may not miscue as easily).

2. A soft tip can cushion the tip/ball impact, decreasing the power transferred to the CB, reducing RPMs/draw/follow.

pj
chgo

Do you actually read the stuff you type? I've read many of your posts that simply spout out science and supposed facts about energy transfer, squirt, deflection, etc...
Do you ever get out and play pool?

Bob J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Further observations after a few days.

1) I find the need for the left hand glove to be virtually eliminated. The finish on these shafts is wonderful. Very smooth. If the table is clean, and your bridge hand stays reasonably clean, the slide thru and on the bridge hand is flawless.

2) I did get the second shaft and its an absolute duplicate of the first one. Each shaft has a unique number. They both weigh 3.8 oz and are just a hair under 12.5 MM according to my micrometer. It appears they're taking quality control very seriously.

3) The fit with my cue is perfect with the joint almost vanishing when I put it together.

4) Most importantly, the feel of the cue is great! The hit is firm but not hard. I'm finding if I simply stroke all the way through the shot, and stay down, I can put the cue ball pretty close to anywhere I want.

I'm committed!

mannylasker

Registered
I’ve had my Cynergy for about a week now and I loving it so far. I played with a REVO 12.9 for about a year and I was never quite happy with it. I found it played much like the Z shafts I’ve owned. With my imperfect 60 year old stroke, I found I was often putting too much unintentional spin on the cue ball. I didn’t particularly favour the hit or the sound. I was using it on a stainless steel uniloc joint which no doubt contributed to the hit. I preferred to have a ferule rather than no ferule. I eventually sold the shaft.

While the Cynergy may have greater deflection than the REVO, I find the Cynergy has a much nicer hit. If you’re familiar with the Predator shafts, I find the Cynergy plays more like a 314 rather than a Z shaft. I’m using the Cynergy on a 3/8x10 wood joint, so of course that may account for some of the difference in feel. To my ear the hit sounds much like a wood shaft.

The extended pro taper of the Cynergy is different from the taper of the more conical REVO. It’s a matter of personal taste I guess. Having a ferule again is a plus.

The build quality of the Cuetec is at least as good as the Predator. Cosmetically the shaft is perfect. The 3/8 x 10 joint is snug and flush.

Overall I’m very pleased - the feel and sound of wood with the benefits of carbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnsneakypete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have a measurement of the cynergy shaft diameter at the joint? I would be using it with a uniloc joint. Thx.

Bob J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can tell you the one for the Cuetec/Scorpion 3/8 x 14 pin is 20 mm and is narrower than the rest which are 20.3 mm. When the cue is assembled, the joint is invisible to the touch.

mannylasker

Registered
b3944359b5768377f9cf6c09d8916a11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't think about it before but I just did so I'll ask.
Did anyone have any trouble with miscue using the sniper tip due to it not holding chalk very well? For someone who can play without ever chalking once and may only mis cue once in a set I feel comfortable in saying that it's the tip and not me having miscued more times in the past two months with this shaft than I did all year last year, during the month of practice I did with no chalk and even playing in a local tourney with no chalk.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Did anyone have any trouble with miscue using the sniper tip due to it not holding chalk very well? For someone who can play without ever chalking once and may only mis cue once in a set I feel comfortable in saying that it's the tip and not me having miscued more times in the past two months with this shaft than I did all year last year, during the month of practice I did with no chalk and even playing in a local tourney with no chalk.

FWIW, I use Sniper tips on both my playing shafts and on the shaft of my home practice cue and I don't notice any more miscues than I do with any other tip I've ever played with....and believe me, I've tried a lot over the years.

Maniac

Bob J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting used to the Sniper tip. I've reshaped it to a dime radius and used a dimpler on it. It holds chalk well, and I'm not experiencing miscues at all. I'm going to stay with it for now. I'm loving the Cynergy shafts!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally got to hit a couple balls with one at leagues and it’s the first Cuetec I ever liked the way it hit lol I must say I like my Revo better. I like not having the ferule and the 12.9 but it had great feel that I could adjust to the other 2 things if I had to.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member

I feel like I miscue a lot more with the Sniper tip than any other tip I've use. I don't hate this tip but I don't love it either. I'll be going another direction for sure.

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
I just received my Cynergy and the tip was flared out above the black layer. You could see the difference from under the black layer and above it. I have tried burnishing it but from that layer up seems to "fluff" so to speak. It's probably getting replaced anyway.