Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Veteran organizations to hand out USS McCain shirts during Trumps 4'th celebration
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Veteran organizations to hand out USS McCain shirts during Trumps 4'th celebration
Old
  (#1)
Pangit
AzB Silver Member
Pangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Veteran organizations to hand out USS McCain shirts during Trumps 4'th celebration - 06-25-2019, 04:35 AM

One was a true American war hero...the other is a five time draft dodger.

There are no bone spurs (fake or real) aboard "BIG BAD JOHN".

Two veteran-led organizations are planning to honor late Arizona Senator John McCain by handing out T-shirts during President Donald Trump’s Fourth of July speech in Washington.

Rags of Honor and VoteVets are both participating in the distribution of the “Big Bad John” shirts, which feature the destroyer that was named for the late senator’s grandfather and father — before the younger McCain was added last July as a namesake by Navy Secretary Richard Spencer.

Some members of the organization are also planning on passing out shirts at the House and Senate buildings, The Hill reported.

“At this year’s national Fourth of July celebration we’ll be distributing T-shirts that feature the USS John S. McCain," the VoteVets website says.

"We may have had political battles against Senator McCain, but what has bound us together since 1776 — the belief in something larger than yourself — is always worth honoring on the Fourth.”

McCain has drawn the scorn of the president — in life and in death — following a long-running feud that dates back to Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, one highlighted by the president’s downplaying McCain as a Vietnam War hero.

“He’s a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said during the July 2015 interview. “I like people that weren’t captured.”

McCain has drawn the scorn of the president — in life and in death — following a long-running feud that dates back to Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, one highlighted by the president’s downplaying McCain as a Vietnam War hero.

“He’s a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said during the July 2015 interview. “I like people that weren’t captured.”

The Navy was reportedly asked by the White House last month to keep the destroyer bearing McCain’s name hidden during President Trump’s Memorial Day visit with about 800 sailors and Marines aboard the Japan-based amphibious assault ship Wasp, a vessel based in the same port as the McCain.

Because the destroyer remains out of service following a fatal August 2017 collision with an oil tanker that left 10 sailors dead, moving the ship was not an option. Instead, the Navy reportedly covered it with a tarp to conceal its name.

Navy officials disputed the report, telling Navy Times the tarp was placed on the ship prior to Trump’s visit but had been removed by the time the president arrived.
Speaking to the New York Times on the condition of anonymity, multiple sailors claimed a number of McCain personnel tried to attend the president’s speech, but were turned away for wearing caps bearing the ship’s name.

“I was not informed about anything having to do with the Navy Ship USS John S. McCain during my recent visit to Japan,” the president tweeted in response to reports.

“Nevertheless, @FLOTUS and I loved being with our great Military Men and Women - what a spectacular job they do!”

The president’s Fourth of July celebration speech, which will reportedly focus on honoring the military and veterans, will be part of large scale military demonstrations that will include flyovers and music.

Federal lawmakers, local officials and others have voiced concerns that Trump could alter the tone of what traditionally is a nonpartisan celebration of America’s founding by delivering an overtly political speech after he added himself to an event that typically has not included the president.

Last edited by Pangit; 06-25-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Old
  (#2)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 07:23 AM

McCain was a douche. Too bad he had to die to do the country a favor and retire from politics.

I am very happy that ship was named after his ancestors though.

They were heros by all accounts.

McCain? Well he was captured.

I never served and respect neither him nor you. Thank the real fighting men for giving me that right.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#3)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 07:38 AM

Do you think Pangit voted for this true American hero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
McCain was a douche. Too bad he had to die to do the country a favor and retire from politics.

I am very happy that ship was named after his ancestors though.

They were heros by all accounts.

McCain? Well he was captured.

I never served and respect neither him nor you. Thank the real fighting men for giving me that right.

JC

Old
  (#4)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Do you think Pangit voted for this true American hero?
I bet you did.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#5)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

06-25-2019, 08:04 AM

Not that you axed me, but for my 2 cents: That election was the only time I ever voted for an Independent..... that was what I thought of McCain and Obama. I have since punched holes next to every R on the ballots since ..... That is one contribution Obama has made to our country.......I agree McCain was a dooooosh! And a liar about his time spent in captivity. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...008-johnmccain

============================
The Most Inspiring Speech: The Wisdom of a Third Grade Dropout Will Change Your Life
https://youtu.be/Bg_Q7KYWG1g

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 06-25-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Old
  (#6)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 08:06 AM

I voted for person with military experience. A person who wanted to fix the immigration issue by providing a path to citizenship for those already in this country and securing the border to prevent what he called dangerous elements coming in. I liked his views on social security. He wanted open market healthcare. I didn't agree with all of his things, but yes, I voted for him. I lost. America lost too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
I bet you did.

Old
  (#7)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I voted for person with military experience. A person who wanted to fix the immigration issue by providing a path to citizenship for those already in this country and securing the border to prevent what he called dangerous elements coming in. I liked his views on social security. He wanted open market healthcare. I didn't agree with all of his things, but yes, I voted for him. I lost. America lost too.
First time ever my wife didn't vote Republican. She thought a great deal of McCain but couldn't force herself to vote for his idiot running mate.

Old
  (#8)
Alan
AzB Silver Member

06-25-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
First time ever my wife didn't vote Republican. She thought a great deal of McCain but couldn't force herself to vote for his idiot running mate.
So she voted based on Joe Biden's record? OK.

Old
  (#9)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Veteran organizations to hand out USS McCain shirts during Trumps 4'th celebration
Um...so?

I would think a group of veterans could find something better to do on the 4th but hey, whatever.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#10)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 09:33 AM

Veteran organization passing out USS McLoser shirts at rally?
Patriots passing out anything McLoser?

A political stunt.

Trump will have a field day with them.

Guess John Kerry will be their leader, or perhaps someone will bring the hag Jane
who helped McCain when he needed it most.

McLoser could have easily gained a Washington office when he and Sarah Palin ran.

He could have switched spots with Sarah. Sarah for President, John for VP.

She was the conservative on the ticket. McLoser is just a shadow of a real person.

His true colors show. The best thing he did for our country was give up the ghost.

Last edited by Slide Rule; 06-25-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Old
  (#11)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

06-25-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
So she voted based on Joe Biden's record? OK.
You'd have to ask her. I remember how appalled both of us were at McCain's choice.
You know what else I remember? Most on here gushing about what a strong, intelligent woman she was.
You know what I don't remember?
ANYBODY on here talking the trash about McCain like what's been said about him the last couple of years. Not one soul. Most praised him.

Old
  (#12)
avmaster
Man of Reason
avmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-25-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
You'd have to ask her. I remember how appalled both of us were at McCain's choice.
You know what else I remember? Most on here gushing about what a strong, intelligent woman she was.
You know what I don't remember?
ANYBODY on here talking the trash about McCain like what's been said about him the last couple of years. Not one soul. Most praised him.
I didn't. He was a P.O.W., not a hero in my book nor in the book of several that were in the Hanio Hilton with him...........
he was a mediocre pilot, never had any command experience. In the Senate he was a hot head and a bully and prided himself on bolloxing up the works..............

Should add, this op is a nut job..................... (not you Haney)...... pangit...........

Playing cue: Kenny Murrell
Break cue: 55 year old Helmstetter

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment.This is because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Hey, it's your world, I'm just passing through it......

Last edited by avmaster; 06-25-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Old
  (#13)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

06-26-2019, 12:29 AM

One has to be a gullible idiot to buy into what VoteVets is selling. Any organization that supports jackasses such as Ted Lieu and Mark Kelly is just plain fugged up. But hey...they have Vets in their name Lol so they just have to be good right? And it's not surprising they're invoking McCain...seems pretty fitting.

Last edited by UGOTDA7; 06-26-2019 at 12:40 AM. Reason: more clarification for idiots

Old
  (#14)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-26-2019, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post
One has to be a gullible idiot to buy into what VoteVets is selling. Any organization that supports jackasses such as Ted Lieu and Mark Kelly is just plain fugged up. But hey...they have Vets in their name Lol so they just have to be good right? And it's not surprising they're invoking McCain...seems pretty fitting.
Where the hell have you been soldier? Don't remember you being given extended R and R

Mike

Old
  (#15)
Jimmy M.
Insomniac
Jimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8950

06-26-2019, 02:31 AM

Wow! That'll get 'em!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: