Missouri State 9-Ball Tournament Feb.6th-Feb8th, 2009

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Billiards of Springfield and Aramith Tournament Worsted Billiard Cloth
Present
The 2009 Missouri State Amateur Tournament

The following format and prize information apply to a field of 80 players. If more than 80 entries are received early the field may be expanded at the discretion of the tournament director up to a maximum of 96 players by groups of eight. All additional entry fees would be added to the prize fund and the format would change only slightly. Later entries will be placed on standby list.

PRELIMINARIES:
(2 Sessions)

Friday, Feb. 6, 8pm
Saturday, Feb. 7, 11am

-Round Robin
-10 flights of eight
-Race to 6, winners choice
-Single foul, 40 sec. shot clock
-Top two per flight advance to finals
-Five wild card finalists (determined by win percentage)

FEES & REQUIREMENTS:

-Entry Fee: $90.00
-Green Fee: $10.00

Early entrants have choice of session in preliminaries. Entry time judged by date and time of postmark or hand delivery.

MISSOURI RESIDENTS ONLY!
AMATEURS ONLY!

Valid Missouri driver's license or other Picture I.D. required for proof of residence. NO EXCEPTIONS! Tournament Committee decides on residence and amateur status.

Tournament Director reserves exclusive right to buy back and reassign any canceled or forfeited berth.

SEMIFINALS:

Sunday, Feb. 8th, 11am

-Round Robin
-Five flights of five
-Race to 6, winner's choice
-Top 2 per flight & 2 wild cards advance to finals

FINALS:

12 player double elimination championship playoff (4 byes). Race to 6 in winner's bracket, race to 5 in loser's bracket.

PRIZES:

1st.....$2000.00+Trophy
2nd.....$1100.00+Trophy
3rd.....$700.00+Trophy
4th.....$500.00+Trophy
5th/6th.....$300.00/each
7th/8th.....$225.00/each
9th-12th.....$175.00/each
13th-25th.....$140.00/each

DOOR PRIZES:

Out of the money finishers have a chance to compete for merchandise prizes...cues, cases... including a propane grill, PLUS the coveted Antique cue! Door Prize competition after semifinals on Sunday.

The University Plaza Holiday Inn Motel has a limited number of rooms reserved for the "NINE BALL TOURNAMENT". It's only a short walk from the pool hall. The rate is $94.00/night. The rooms are very nice. Phone: (417)864-7333

SEND ENTRY FORM AND FEES ($100.00) TO:

BILLIARDS OF SPRINGFIELD
541 EAST ST. LOUIS STREET
SPRINGFIELD, MO 65806

For information call: (573)874-8192

Attachments

• Missouri State 9-ball Entry Form.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 96

OneArmBandit

Registered
Thanks Sam,

Always a fun tournament, I actually may show up and hazzard a guess play! If anyone's sitting on the fence in Missouri, its a lot of fun and as a round robin tournament, even if your not at your best you'll get a chance to play a lot of quality players for cheap.

It would be fun not watching and playing in one. Though I've played little, and poorly lately. Won a free entry into it many years back winning Boone Co., but it was always a good working weekend as a bartender at Billiards of Columbia so I took the cash instead.

I hope you have a fun tournament, I'll be the big funny looking person if you need someone to crank out a couple "Hustler Clubs" lets see how does tht go...toast, mayo,swiss,ham,toast,grilled onions, burger,american cheese, toast? toothpicks, quartered, flipped up and a large fries in the middle?

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
I hope you get to make it down for the event! As you said it is a blast, but also, in my opinion, one of the toughest tournament formats to compete in as well. Each of the previous champions have much to be proud of in their titles and yes, I am goin' for mine again this year. I took 4th place last year and would love to take it all this time! :)

Anyway, I'm lookin' for a great field as this tournament always seems to attract every swingin' cue from border to border! The more the merrier in my opinion! :)

OneArmBandit

Registered
Does Phil make the winner sit out for a while?

I know he use to until the 25th anniversery, was a standing joke that Martin Shultie, actualy only wanted 2nd place, which he did several times...

Good luck!

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Yes there is still a 5 yr waiting period after winning the tournament. I'd be more than happy to bask in the glory of victory for the next 5 yrs though if I could snap it off this time! LOL

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Attention, this starts on Friday the 6th folks! Better get your entry forms printed out and either sent or physically brought into Billiards of Springfield if you want your shot at the title!

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Only two more days 'til post time folks! If you live in Missouri and wanna play ya better get a move on!

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
I'm going to play Friday night, psst...Darren is playing Friday as well. Last I heard we had 55 entries so far so that would leave 25 spots open, but that was 2 days ago so I'd get yours in ASAP man!

Stay away from Friday night there brotha, I don't want all the world beaters showing up early on me!

The Prodigy

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I wish I wouldve known about this, I wanna attend it SO bad. Next year I will be there! If anyone gets some video of some games would you please post it? Does Harriman ever show up?

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sam Waltz said:
I'm going to play Friday night, psst...Darren is playing Friday as well. Last I heard we had 55 entries so far so that would leave 25 spots open, but that was 2 days ago so I'd get yours in ASAP man!

Stay away from Friday night there brotha, I don't want all the world beaters showing up early on me!
Is Darren as easy as he used to be.;)

Jamey Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SAMMY BOY .........

What are the odds that Darren doesnt win the tourny........MAke them good and we can make a little wager here.....

Jamey

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Yeah, Darren's a total pushover! LOL I pray I get him in my flight because it's a guarateed win for the Sammy! :) Ok fine.....I'll start tellin' the truth now...

He's playin' well... ;)

Jamey Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sam Waltz said:
Yeah, Darren's a total pushover! LOL I pray I get him in my flight because it's a guarateed win for the Sammy! :) Ok fine.....I'll start tellin' the truth now...

He's playin' well... ;)
He always does.....This tourny is just so hard to win.....I KNOW !!!!!!! 3rd place KINDA SUCKS.....

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Prodigy, I'll see if I can't get my hands on a camera and get some footage of the matches if at all possible. Hope to see you next year, sorry you can't make it this year though.

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Yeah, I think it's about the toughest format in pool to actually win the @#$% thing! LOL Two days you've got to dominate your flights to make it into the final 16 man bracket and then you've got to straight up go through another double elimination for the dough! Wooo Hoooo oh what fun it is to gring it out three days!

I'll take a case of RedBull and all the churches in the bible belt prayin' for me and I might have a prayer! Tough road brotha! :)

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Tell John not to be spending all that dough he got off me the other night Jamey, I might wanna try that game again here sometime soon. ;)