2011 Missouri State Amateur Nine-ball Championship 11-13th Feb, 2011

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
It's once again time to crown an annual Missouri State Amateur Nine-ball Champion! This years tournament will be held at:

Billiards of Springfield
541 E. St. Louis Street
Springfield, MO 65806

Co-Sponsors:
www.clbailey.com and www.thelevelbest.com

Preliminary/Qualifying rounds will commence the 11th and 12th of February with the money rounds happening on Sunday the 13th.

All other pertinent information can be found in the attached flyer/entry form. Any other questions can be asked of:
Scott Morris, Billiards of Springfield's manager
Phone: (417)866-4319
Fax: (417)866-4575

As usual this event will fill quickly so I encourage all prospective competitors to get your entries in ASAP. Best of luck to all and may a new champion be found!

Attachments

• 2011 9-BALL FLYER.pdf
    93.5 KB · Views: 189

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Sam, I just can't decide whether to throw away another hundred or so. The Kansas trip was discouraging. :smile:

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Come on

Sam, I just can't decide whether to throw away another hundred or so. The Kansas trip was discouraging. :smile:

If you live close enough to drive home and sleep in your own house, you must play for guys like me who it would cost 300-400 dollars just to drive over, stay a couple nights and play.

Just Do It.:cool:

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Get 'em!

Rich, you are one of the people I'd love to see earn the title man! I'm glad you are throwin' your hat in the ring and giving it a shot for sure. Get 'em brotha! I paid my entry this past weekend and hope it pays off as well. Best of luck to you and all who compete!

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Filled Up!

The tourney is now filled to the max! Scott Morris informed me tonight and asked that I make a post informing everyone. Best of luck to all participants this coming weekend!

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Sam, if my left knee doesn't improve by tomorrow - there may be an opening but I understand Scott already has a standby player or two.

Exclusive909

Registered
If anyone wants to give up their spot let me know, I'll buy it from them for $150 (636) 578-2682 ask for Steve or leave a voicemail and confirm it with the tournament director that we are able to do that. Thanks

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
The only thing I can tell you with certainty is that only 3 flights were played this past night. I won my flight but feel I got a fairly lucky draw. It is tired out but my knee held up thanks to a handful of ibuprofen.

Sam looked to be playing well, as did Jerry Terbrock.

My memory is so bad! I had forgotten that Terbrock and I had gone on a pool-playing outing down to Chicago when we were both in the Navy at Great Lakes some 42 years ago. And I still couldn't get a discount on a cue!! :grin:

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Just remember who prodded you

The only thing I can tell you with certainty is that only 3 flights were played this past night. I won my flight but feel I got a fairly lucky draw. It is tired out but my knee held up thanks to a handful of ibuprofen.

My memory is so bad! I had forgotten that Terbrock and I had gone on a pool-playing outing down to Chicago when we were both in the Navy at Great Lakes some 42 years ago. And I still couldn't get a discount on a cue!! :grin:

Into playing when you win this one........ GL

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Today it all gets a lot more difficult. Thanks Mark, but I feel pretty good just making it into today's brackets.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member

I was at Great Lakes 46 years ago.
Scotty keeps a large bottle of Ibuprofen under the bar over by the TV. If you need any ask Scott or Harold. :smile:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Hey Tramp, thanks for the tip. Heard you got fired from your job as captain of the Branson Belle after that little incident?? :grin:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Hey Tramp, thanks for the tip. Heard you got fired from your job as captain of the Branson Belle after that little incident?? :grin:

Don't believe a word Dave says. Actually, I was below decks with one of the passengers when all of a sudden... :D

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
1st - Jarrid Easton (Joplin area)
2nd - Underclocked (Greenfield)
3rd - Brandon Spitler (believe from Branson area)
4th - Aaron Stoker
5th - Ivan Sweezer
6th - Kenny Turner

Hope I spelled the names correctly.

Jarrid and I played for the winner's bracket where I suffered my first loss in the final double-elimination. Brandon beat Aaron, I got past Brandon, then won the first match against Jarrid in the final. We went hill-hill but Jarrid won the last game.

I feel tortured.