Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page 15,000 Mexican National Guard deployed to US/Mexico border
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
dbgordie
Thread Killer!!
dbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-25-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Read that on the internet, eh?

Certainly must be true then.

Personally, I find child abuse abhorrent. The most common form is neglect. I work actively against child abuse every day, out there, in the trenches, with the victims.

I do not believe that there is institutionalized abuse going on here though. Lots of sensational stories, mostly from people with political agendas.

Frankly, I think politicizing these children is itself a form of abuse and an express attempt to incite emotions just as you are expressing. It's using them for political purposes.

I just don't think it is so simple.

You want to protect these children from their circumstances? Love them? Adopt them? Elian Gonzalez style?

There was a 12 year old boy with two siblings. They were removed from their parents due to abuse. They couldn't find a foster home for all 3 so the 12 year old was separated from his siblings. he had a lot of behavioral problems. The foster mom that took him in said he just needed love and to know God. Turned out he had been abusing his two siblings sexually and started abusing the daughter of the foster mom as well.

It's easy to feel like we know what is going on and that we know what to do about it.

The problem is complex, and very difficult. The one thing I know for certain is that those children should have never been brought here. That was primary abuse. If anything further happens to them it is because of that primary abuse. It is secondary.

If an agent took a blanket from a child as was reported, then certainly he should suffer. But honestly, the problem is much bigger than any such incident and is rooted in the primary abuse of these children as pawns in a dangerous international game. Further participating in it by politicizing them further is participating in the primary abuse.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Plus what he said!!

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

An old timer at work once told me... "Opinions are like assholes and elbows, everybody has one, some people have two."

AKA Noah Buddy

AZB Member #108686

Old
  (#47)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-25-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Read that on the internet, eh?

Certainly must be true then.

Personally, I find child abuse abhorrent. The most common form is neglect. I work actively against child abuse every day, out there, in the trenches, with the victims.

I do not believe that there is institutionalized abuse going on here though. Lots of sensational stories, mostly from people with political agendas.

Frankly, I think politicizing these children is itself a form of abuse and an express attempt to incite emotions just as you are expressing. It's using them for political purposes.

I just don't think it is so simple.

You want to protect these children from their circumstances? Love them? Adopt them? Elian Gonzalez style?

There was a 12 year old boy with two siblings. They were removed from their parents due to abuse. They couldn't find a foster home for all 3 so the 12 year old was separated from his siblings. he had a lot of behavioral problems. The foster mom that took him in said he just needed love and to know God. Turned out he had been abusing his two siblings sexually and started abusing the daughter of the foster mom as well.

It's easy to feel like we know what is going on and that we know what to do about it.

The problem is complex, and very difficult. The one thing I know for certain is that those children should have never been brought here. That was primary abuse. If anything further happens to them it is because of that primary abuse. It is secondary.

If an agent took a blanket from a child as was reported, then certainly he should suffer. But honestly, the problem is much bigger than any such incident and is rooted in the primary abuse of these children as pawns in a dangerous international game. Further participating in it by politicizing them further is participating in the primary abuse.

Congress not funding care for the children at the border comes to mind. They are sacrificial Pawns.

dumluk

Last edited by LAMas; 06-25-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Old
  (#48)
lorider
AzB Silver Member
lorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMas View Post
Congress not funding core for the children at the border comes to mind. They are sacrificial Pawns.
You hit the nail on the head ...pawns.

Maybe I didn't come across clear enough. Its not about who's fault it is whether it be the parents....child traffickers....democrats or Republicans.. its about the welfare of innocent children.

I am not a bleeding heart liberal and if you will notice I have not mentioned the adults situation one single time. I am of the opinion they chose to come of their own free will and have to face the consequences when caught.

Yes its a complex situation with no easy answers .

Some one made the comment ....you must have read it on the internet. Well duh. ! 99% of the content posted on this forum comes from the internet. The thing is ...most people choose to believe what the read only if it fits their agenda or views.

Many on here have posted that one citizen dying at the hands od an illegal is one too many and I have always agreed with you guys. Well I also happen to have the opinion that one immigrant child being mistreated or dying while incarcerated by our government is one too many .

According to the responses on here it seems a couple posters could care less about the children's situation. Others tend to not believe the situation at all. Others seem to be bothered by it and want to lay the blame on others.

No was answers but maybe we could quit sending millions in aid to Venezuela....quit sending millions in aid to north more. Sanctioning north Korea and then sending millions in aid to their citizens who are suffering due to our sanctions has to be one od the dumbest ideas I have ever heard of. that would be like me suing some body and then when it hurts his pocket I send money to his wife to pay their bills.

That money could be allotted to take care of our problems at home. Money to hire more agents....money to fund ice for tracking illegals and money for transporting them fo the border and last bit not least money to properly tend to children incarcerated until their transfer back to their country.

Btw ...i read earlier that the house is expected to pass the bill for more border funds. Its about time.

Old
  (#49)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 07:28 PM

House passes emergency funding bill for migrant care crisis

By The Associated Press
Posted at 10:04 PM

It took last-minute changes and a full-court press by top Democratic leaders, but the House passed with relative ease Tuesday a $4.5 billion emergency border aid package to care for thousands of migrant families and unaccompanied children detained after crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.

WASHINGTON It took last-minute changes and a full-court press by top Democratic leaders, but the House passed with relative ease Tuesday a $4.5 billion emergency border aid package to care for thousands of migrant families and unaccompanied children detained after crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.

The bill passed along party lines after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi quelled a mini-revolt by progressives and Hispanic lawmakers who sought significant changes to the legislation. New provisions added to the bill Tuesday were more modest than what those lawmakers had sought, but the urgent need for the funding to prevent the humanitarian emergency on the border from turning into a debacle appeared to outweigh any lingering concerns.

The 230-195 vote sets up a showdown with the Republican-led Senate, which may try instead to force Democrats to send Trump a different, and broadly bipartisan, companion measure in coming days as the chambers race to wrap up the must-do legislation by the end of the week.

The Senate has a good bill. Our bill is much better, Pelosi, D-Calif., told her Democratic colleagues in a meeting Tuesday morning, according to a senior Democratic aide who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the private session.

We are ensuring that children have food, clothing, sanitary items, shelter and medical care. We are providing access to legal assistance. And we are protecting families because families belong together, Pelosi said in a subsequent floor speech...

Kabuki Theater.

dumluk

Old
  (#50)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

06-25-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Congress not funding care for the children at the border comes to mind. They are sacrificial Pawns.
Really?

Then where is the funding coming from.

You could say insufficient funding. You could day misdirected funding.

Saying no funding is just a dramatization, politicization of children, and hence primary child abuse participation.

You really believe there is no funding? None? No. You are just politicizing children and fostering drama.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#51)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member

06-25-2019, 08:28 PM

"... not funding care for the children..." Tense...I didn't say there was no funding before.

'Its a stalemate': Emergency migrant funding up in the air as House, Senate eye different measures

Christal Hayes, USA TODAY Published 9:30 p.m. ET June 25, 2019 | Updated 10:59 p.m. ET June 25, 2019

They are Pawns.

dumluk

Old
  (#52)
DaveK
pre-proscribed
DaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 526

06-26-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
You are such an ass.
I've been called worse

Hope all is well with you and your garden grows a bountiful harvest.

Dave <-- doesn't get much opportunity to hand out a but sometimes it is needed

Can't fix stupid, you're on your own.

Old
  (#53)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

06-26-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
"... not funding care for the children..." Tense...I didn't say there was no funding before.

'Its a stalemate': Emergency migrant funding up in the air as House, Senate eye different measures

Christal Hayes, USA TODAY Published 9:30 p.m. ET June 25, 2019 | Updated 10:59 p.m. ET June 25, 2019

They are Pawns.
Federal authorities and employees at federal facilities with federal supplies...has been all along.

The doctors I know that have cared for these children got federal checks.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: