Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page FINALLY finished my house and set up my pool room (pics)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
FINALLY finished my house and set up my pool room (pics)
Old
  (#1)
gobrian77
AzB Silver Member
gobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2100

FINALLY finished my house and set up my pool room (pics) - 12-22-2007, 12:59 AM

After a two-year struggle, I finished my house (only a year late ). The table was delivered from Bangkok last week- it's an 8-foot Sovereign table made by a Thai manufacturer (been in business over 50 years and supplied the tables for the Asian championships a couple years ago)- I could have squeezed in a 9-footer and been hindered in a few spots (not to mention another foot of encroachment into the kitchen, which would have led to a major battle with the wife ), but I'm very happy with the way things ended up.

I've still got to put up a small LCD monitor and a few shelves for drinks, but it's 95% done.

I believe six of the cues were purchased from AZ.

Please try to ignore the laundry in the window- the housekeeper was running late today :

His new favorite spot:

Couldn't fit the bar in the same room, but it's just a few steps away:

Seascape Beach Resort
Koh Samui, Thailand

Playing cues- Andy Gilbert wrapless six-point amboyna burl/ebony/cocobolo, Dominiak wrapless ebony/tulipwood prototype, Mike Stacey wrapless four-point BEM/ebony, Jerico six-point cocobolo, Zac Cues BEM/cocobolo butterfly

Break cue- Varney

Other Cues- Prather w/OB-1, Schon STL-1, McDermott Phoenix COM, Viking F97, Meucci HOF-1, Predator 5K w/314-2

Old
  (#2)
cuejoey
25 mm chain guns matter
cuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
 Send a message via ICQ to cuejoey  
Thumbs up 12-22-2007, 01:09 AM

Beautiful job..just in time for Christmass..i see you like to collect old pics..you might want to check out www.newdeco.com then click on billiard photos..nice people to deal with if you don't know already..Merry Christmass

Greater love hath no man than this,that a man lay down his life for his friends.
The best defense against evil men are good men who are skilled at violence.

Old
  (#3)
gobrian77
AzB Silver Member
gobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond reputegobrian77 has a reputation beyond repute

12-22-2007, 01:16 AM

Cool- I'll check that site out- I chose b&w pics as I wanted the table and things related to it to be the only points of color in the room.

Merry Christmas to you as well- it's gonna be a hot one here.

And thanks for the rep points- finally got my third greenie.

Seascape Beach Resort
Koh Samui, Thailand

Playing cues- Andy Gilbert wrapless six-point amboyna burl/ebony/cocobolo, Dominiak wrapless ebony/tulipwood prototype, Mike Stacey wrapless four-point BEM/ebony, Jerico six-point cocobolo, Zac Cues BEM/cocobolo butterfly

Break cue- Varney

Other Cues- Prather w/OB-1, Schon STL-1, McDermott Phoenix COM, Viking F97, Meucci HOF-1, Predator 5K w/314-2

Old
  (#4)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

12-22-2007, 01:20 AM

Room looks great !!!!!!!

Enjoy....

Russ

Old
  (#5)
lights_out
AzB Silver Member
lights_out has a reputation beyond reputelights_out has a reputation beyond reputelights_out has a reputation beyond reputelights_out has a reputation beyond reputelights_out has a reputation beyond reputelights_out has a reputation beyond reputelights_out has a reputation beyond reputelights_out has a reputation beyond reputelights_out has a reputation beyond reputelights_out has a reputation beyond reputelights_out has a reputation beyond repute

12-22-2007, 01:22 AM

Awesome! I especially like the fur foot warmer.

Steve

It's not the size of the dog in the fight it's the size of the fight in the dog!

Old
  (#6)
gobrian77
AzB Silver Member

12-22-2007, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lights_out
Awesome! I especially like the fur foot warmer.
After he gets kicked out of the way a few times he retreats to the area directly under the table- he doesn't like that as much because he can't feel the breeze from the A/C.

Seascape Beach Resort
Koh Samui, Thailand

Break cue- Varney

Old
  (#7)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"
manwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-22-2007, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrian77
After a two-year struggle, I finished my house (only a year late ). The table was delivered from Bangkok last week- it's an 8-foot Sovereign table made by a Thai manufacturer (been in business over 50 years and supplied the tables for the Asian championships a couple years ago)- I could have squeezed in a 9-footer and been hindered in a few spots (not to mention another foot of encroachment into the kitchen, which would have led to a major battle with the wife ), but I'm very happy with the way things ended up.

I've still got to put up a small LCD monitor and a few shelves for drinks, but it's 95% done.

I believe six of the cues were purchased from AZ.

Please try to ignore the laundry in the window- the housekeeper was running late today :

His new favorite spot:

Couldn't fit the bar in the same room, but it's just a few steps away:

Real nice looking pool room, I am truly Jealous. I also really like mans best friend waiting for his turn at the table. My only suggestion is to let him win once in awhile, you do not want him to mark his territory!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!!!!

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Old
  (#8)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

12-22-2007, 01:35 AM

Beautiful room! Congratulations!

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#9)
gobrian77
AzB Silver Member

12-22-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwon
Real nice looking pool room, I am truly Jealous. I also really like mans best friend waiting for his turn at the table. My only suggestion is to let him win once in awhile, you do not want him to mark his territory!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!!!!
The only time he moves is in the rare event of a ball jumping off the table- he just likes to be near "dad".

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Thanks to everyone for not mentioning how much they (probably) dislike burgundy Simonis 860- it went too nicely with the room to go with anything else.

Seascape Beach Resort
Koh Samui, Thailand

Break cue- Varney

Old
  (#10)
CTYankee
Mark Twain's Table
CTYankee has a reputation beyond reputeCTYankee has a reputation beyond reputeCTYankee has a reputation beyond reputeCTYankee has a reputation beyond reputeCTYankee has a reputation beyond reputeCTYankee has a reputation beyond reputeCTYankee has a reputation beyond reputeCTYankee has a reputation beyond reputeCTYankee has a reputation beyond reputeCTYankee has a reputation beyond reputeCTYankee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 100

12-22-2007, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwon
My only suggestion is to let him win once in awhile, you do not want him to mark his territory!!!!!!!!
My dog has had a total of two 'accidents' in the house... on the leg of my table was one of them. I am a strong supporter of animal rights, but had my wife not been there that day... the dog's future as an indoor dog may have been in question.

Old
  (#11)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-22-2007, 06:04 AM

post deleted

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Old
  (#12)
cajunbarboxplyr
Beatem down wit a Varney
cajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond reputecajunbarboxplyr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2850
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana...5 minutes from White Diamonds Billiards
 Send a message via ICQ to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via AIM to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via MSN to cajunbarboxplyr Send a message via Yahoo to cajunbarboxplyr  
12-22-2007, 06:06 AM

Now that my friends is a nice Poolroom!!!

altho I dodnt care for red color felt (jsut not my thing).......regardless tho that is a nice room!!!!!!!!

and I see you have Wild Turkey at your bar......May I come over?

Cajun
Playing Cue: Varney Sneaky!
Case: Whitten Copy
Cues in the Works:
Break Cue: Varney Shop Reject J/B
Jump Cue: Varney j/b
Cue Collection: Varney And Ross

Old
  (#13)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 169290

12-22-2007, 06:39 AM

One of the nicest home rooms I've seen on here...and there are a lot of nice ones on here. Johnnyt

Never Give Up

Old
  (#14)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

12-22-2007, 06:44 AM

Congrats. Wondeful job sir. I like the recessed ceiling.

Old
  (#15)
219Dave
Pool is my therapy
219Dave has a reputation beyond repute219Dave has a reputation beyond repute219Dave has a reputation beyond repute219Dave has a reputation beyond repute219Dave has a reputation beyond repute219Dave has a reputation beyond repute219Dave has a reputation beyond repute219Dave has a reputation beyond repute219Dave has a reputation beyond repute219Dave has a reputation beyond repute219Dave has a reputation beyond repute

12-22-2007, 08:26 AM

Congrats on your new room!

I backpacked through Koh Samui way back in 1990, and had a blast.

I'd sure trade it for Northwest Indiana, where I'm freezing my butt off now.

Your next move is training your dog how to move around and bark only during your opponent's shots. I'm working on that now with my Great Dane.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: