Old Brunswick Cue I.D.

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
First let me start off by hi to anyone who remembers me
and hi to all the new comers. Its been a while since I posted
anything on AZ.I kind of lost a lot of interest in pool about 10 years ago.
I recently went to an estate auction , seen an old cue and it sparked
my interests again. OK enough about me.

This was one of the items I purchased . I think it's a BBC no.16
from the teen's but not sure if they remade them at some point.
Its about laser straight and I'm pretty sure it the original ivory ferrule
(although its toast). I'm not sure if what I am going to do with it yet,
may sell it , may have it converted. Id like to know what I have
before I make my decision. I'm not sure of the age or wood in the handle
(mahogany I think). Any info would be great and an opinion on weather
it should be converted because its so straight or kept as a one piece
for someone to display...
Thanks Lee
11.jpg

66.jpg

2222.jpg

21211.jpg

32123.jpg

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The decal dates it from 1906-1920. I actually think it’s a No.20. I am not an expert but somebody will be following up very soon as you have a jewel.

triley41395

Silver Member
The decal dates it from 1906-1920. I actually think it’s a No.20. I am not an expert but somebody will be following up very soon as you have a jewel.

I thought that's about where it dated also. I'm surprised no one else has chimed in. AZ has always been the go to place for info, weather it was good or bad you always got info. Thanks again.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I thought that's about where it dated also. I'm surprised no one else has chimed in. AZ has always been the go to place for info, weather it was good or bad you always got info. Thanks again.

The bumper is glued on somehow, the cue is carved into, and the butt was sanded. Lots of history here!

This is a cool cue, PM me if it's for sale

triley41395

Silver Member
The bumper is glued on somehow, the cue is carved into, and the butt was sanded. Lots of history here!

This is a cool cue, PM me if it's for sale

Yea it looks like they put the bumper on with caulking. I don't think it a valuable stick so being nearly 58 inches long I think it would be great for me to make a shooter out of. If I change my mind you'll be the first PM I send.

Thanks Again Lee

Minnesota Phat

Yea it looks like they put the bumper on with caulking. I don't think it a valuable stick so being nearly 58 inches long I think it would be great for me to make a shooter out of. If I change my mind you'll be the first PM I send.

Thanks Again Lee
Very cool cue, and it still rolls straight after 100 years?

I hate to see people cutting up what seem to be extremely good cues in the first place.

I hope you've enjoyed shooting with it. :)

triley41395

Silver Member
Seems to me the bed of a pickup truck isn’t the best place for that cue. Just sayin’

Hope it’s still ok

Fatboy
It's still there. Been there for years testing it's weather durability. Seriously I just needed the sunlight for a few pictures. It's been sitting in the rack since a few weeks after I got it.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's still there. Been there for years testing it's weather durability. Seriously I just needed the sunlight for a few pictures. It's been sitting in the rack since a few weeks after I got it.
I was kidding too. I have some pics of box Barry’s in the grass that my friend took. I like that “weather testing” that’s funny!

That is a wonderful old cue, I love those old cues.

My best
Fatboy 😃😃