What a Waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
So I attempt a thread that might actually be productive for introducing people to various aiming methods. Not sure what kind of BS happened to get it pulled/deleted, but I'd say was over CTE. I find it absolutely ridiculous that of all the possible ways pool players can aim a pool shot, bringing up CTE is taboo. It's the only method/system that causes a stir.

Aiming systems are not religions, not political ideologies or ways of life. CTE is an aiming system, one of many aiming systems. For some it's great, for others it's not. No big deal. But it sure draws in the extremists on both sides.

Hardcore supporters and non-believers should get over themselves and realize the triviality of it all. Stan Shuffett can say or do whatever he wants, and you either buy it or you don't. Same way with my book, you either like it or you don't, no big deal. If someone doesn't like CTE because they cant figure it out or because they believe it's all smoke and mirrors, fine...let them think that. Reading into every post looking for anything that can remotely be taken as a jab at cte, then attacking that post with unnecessary defense, is getting old. I don't know how you guys can keep it up. It's like watching a group of obnoxiously drunk teenagers argue over stupid stuff for the pleasure of the drama. And the other side (extreme non-CTE users) is equally caught up in the useless drama. How can you guys keep rehashing a multi-decade flame war over the impossibilities of CTE or the true objectivity of it when there's obviously no end, no satisfactory resolution to your questions. When my questions weren't getting answered to my satisfaction (or couldn't be answered), I eventually quit asking. I don't understand how some can go on for years asking the same questions over and over, as if all of sudden one of the great CTE users will reveal answers that meet your satisfaction. When does it stop?

I know....I'll be called a know-it-all or whatever. I don't care. Last night I decided to start a thread where others can briefly describe aiming methods they'd like to share. Today I see it is gone, and i can only assume it's due to an ancient cte war.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
So I attempt a thread that might actually be productive for introducing people to various aiming methods. Not sure what kind of BS happened to get it pulled/deleted, but I'd say was over CTE. I find it absolutely ridiculous that of all the possible ways pool players can aim a pool shot, bringing up CTE is taboo. It's the only method/system that causes a stir.

Aiming systems are not religions, not political ideologies or ways of life. CTE is an aiming system, one of many aiming systems. For some it's great, for others it's not. No big deal. But it sure draws in the extremists on both sides.

Hardcore supporters and non-believers should get over themselves and realize the triviality of it all. Stan Shuffett can say or do whatever he wants, and you either buy it or you don't. Same way with my book, you either like it or you don't, no big deal. If someone doesn't like CTE because they cant figure it out or because they believe it's all smoke and mirrors, fine...let them think that. Reading into every post looking for anything that can remotely be taken as a jab at cte, then attacking that post with unnecessary defense, is getting old. I don't know how you guys can keep it up. It's like watching a group of obnoxiously drunk teenagers argue over stupid stuff for the pleasure of the drama. And the other side (extreme non-CTE users) is equally caught up in the useless drama. How can you guys keep rehashing a multi-decade flame war over the impossibilities of CTE or the true objectivity of it when there's obviously no end, no satisfactory resolution to your questions. When my questions weren't getting answered to my satisfaction (or couldn't be answered), I eventually quit asking. I don't understand how some can go on for years asking the same questions over and over, as if all of sudden one of the great CTE users will reveal answers that meet your satisfaction. When does it stop?

I know....I'll be called a know-it-all or whatever. I don't care. Last night I decided to start a thread where others can briefly describe aiming methods they'd like to share. Today I see it is gone, and i can only assume it's due to an ancient cte war.
I think I stepped on the landmine - sorry.

It was a good topic - try it again sometime.

pj
chgo

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why even bring up CTE in your OP. Most in here are clueless about it including you.STICK WITH WHAT YOU KNOW and you should be ok

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

And lookie here, you're bringing it up AGAIN! A CTE user didn't start this thread. YOU DID. An ANTI-CTE non-user.

CTE users aren't extremists unless YOU in all of your infinite wisdom consider CTE to be an EXTREME aiming system. Compared to all other aiming systems of angles, geometric lines, and contact points as taught from the beginning of time I guess it is. However, it's just an aiming system to us. One that works pretty damn well. The extremists are the ones who want to disparage it constantly.

Hardcore supporters and non-believers should get over themselves and realize the triviality of it all. Stan Shuffett can say or do whatever he wants, and you either buy it or you don't. Same way with my book, you either like it or you don't, no big deal. If someone doesn't like CTE because they cant figure it out or because they believe it's all smoke and mirrors, fine...let them think that.

I couldn't agree more. But who starts the most threads and initiates all the baiting and flame wars. CTE users or the ANTI-CTE group?

Reading into every post looking for anything that can remotely be taken as a jab at cte, then attacking that post with unnecessary defense, is getting old. I don't know how you guys can keep it up.
It's like watching a group of obnoxiously drunk teenagers argue over stupid stuff for the pleasure of the drama.

The jabs are very easy to determine, they aren't remote. Here's the easiest way to determine what's going to happen. If a known ANTI-CTE non-user makes a post in a CTE thread or a veiled thread that will lead to CTE coming into the conversation, or an ANTI-CTE non-user posts under the guise of "I just want to learn and can't figure it out", it's a setup and going to lead to crap.

Or how about Lou Figueroa, Pat Johnson, Dan White, Brian Crist, Joey in Cali, and a couple of other fly by nighters popping in to make posts? You can be guaranteed shit is going to happen.

And the other side (extreme non-CTE users) is equally caught up in the useless drama. How can you guys keep rehashing a multi-decade flame war over the impossibilities of CTE or the true objectivity of it when there's obviously no end, no satisfactory resolution to your questions. When my questions weren't getting answered to my satisfaction (or couldn't be answered), I eventually quit asking.

Did you? Most of the time now you say you worked with it enough to know everything about the why's and how's. No you don't.

I don't understand how some can go on for years asking the same questions over and over, as if all of sudden one of the great CTE users will reveal answers that meet your satisfaction. When does it stop?

Ask your fellow group members. They're listed by name above and you damn well know who they are.

No, it was because of a current one within the last few days.

Did a CTE user start the thread? NO, you did. An Anti-CTE non-user. And good buddy Pat Johnson jumped right into it just like he did as the FIRST ATTACKER over 20 years ago.

Maybe you need to get over yourself, Brian. I'd like all of this to end myself.

I read this thread last night but didn't respond until this morning. I see where you edited something. It was about you composing this thread in the hospital while your wife was fighting for her life.

Are you kidding me? Your wife is in that kind of state and shape and you're thinking about a THREAD that got deleted and the sad state of this forum and all of the inhabitants? Where is your head? What was your priority? CTE is in your head and taken over!

You should be BANNED for 6 months! Not as punishment for breaking rules but as a humanitarian gesture to get you in a better state of mind for rehabilitation and your life straight. SHE is the priority! Not this F*CKED UP FORUM!

Seriously, I wish the best for her and hope whatever is occurring gets taken care of by the Doctors and life goes back to normal. STAY STRONG AND STAY OUT OF HERE! PLEASE, FOR BOTH OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really? Why? He's on the money because it's true.
I got to thinking.....(yep, I know how to do that:wink:)
How many aiming systems does a player really need? Like how many pool cues does a player really need?? (Nothing bad about collecting cues...but he can only use one at a time.)
If the player has just ONE aiming system locked down and working for him/her in a proficient manner, why should he/she give a rip what any other player is using or doing?
Some of the controversy around here might be due to #1.Jealousy ("I didn't think of it first so I'm going to belittle it") or #2."The aiming system in use at present isn't doing the job for me, but I'm too prideful to change". ??
What thinkest you, Mr. Spiderman?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I got to thinking.....(yep, I know how to do that:wink:)
How many aiming systems does a player really need? Like how many pool cues does a player really need?? (Nothing bad about collecting cues...but he can only use one at a time.)
If the player has just ONE aiming system locked down and working for him/her in a proficient manner, why should he/she give a rip what any other player is using or doing?
Some of the controversy around here might be due to #1.Jealousy ("I didn't think of it first so I'm going to belittle it") or #2."The aiming system in use at present isn't doing the job for me, but I'm too prideful to change". ??
What thinkest you, Mr. Spiderman?

I thinketh being on a pool forum, specifically an aiming forum, is a stupid activity and time waster for me and everyone else.

I also thinketh I'm going to go practice what I need to be practicing if I'm going to ever get better.

Thanketh you for getting me to thinketh straight.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thinketh being on a pool forum, specifically an aiming forum, is a stupid activity and time waster for me and everyone else.
I also thinketh I'm going to go practice what I need to be practicing if I'm going to ever get better.
Thanketh you for getting me to thinketh straight.
I think I will go and work on teaching my cat to walk on a leash. (and prepare to get bitten as he resists this procedure)
And that's the name of that tune.
:thumbup:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Why even bring up CTE in your OP. Most in here are clueless about it including you.STICK WITH WHAT YOU KNOW and you should be ok

Fine example of what I'm talking. CTE, yes I brought it up again, is one of many aiming systems. This is an aiming forum. Anyone can bring up fractions, ghostball, Samba, 90-90, shiskabob, Split-the-Difference, contact points, or any other aiming method, and no one comes bouncing in with unnecessary defensive tactics. CTE, yes I said it again, is not a code word for war. Get over it.

This is a pool player hub where all sorts of pool playing conversations are going on....you don't have to pound on your chest everytime someone mentions or references the aiming system you happen to use.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
When life looks and feels like crap, we need to get away and participate in something we enjoy, like playing pool, or talking or reading about pool when there's no table around. This would be a good forum for that if it weren't infected with a decade old attitude revolving around cte.

Fact is, extreme cte supports assume that anyone who questions cte is an "anti-CTE" person, a "CTE hater". That's extremism....the "you're either with us or against us" attitude. A regular Joe could come in here wanting info or advice on aiming, mention CTE or question it one time and he'll get bombarded by years of BS flame wars, and if he counters back he'll be considered a cte hater.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
When life looks and feels like crap, we need to get away and participate in something we enjoy, like playing pool, or talking or reading about pool when there's no table around.

Not when it's a matter of life and death and the person you love the most is in that situation.

This would be a good forum for that if it weren't infected with a decade old attitude revolving around cte.

Here you go again, bringing it up as the problem. YOU'RE the problem. I didn't mention it. The "letters" themselves don't have the ability to type and come on screen. It's been going on for TWO DECADES. You've only been here for a little over a year. Start a thread about ANY OTHER aiming system and stick to it.

Fact is, extreme cte supports assume that anyone who questions cte is an "anti-CTE" person, a "CTE hater".

The CTE haters and trouble makers have clearly been identified. YOU are now one of them along with the two originals from 20 years ago, Pat Johnson and Lou Figueroa. From what I've seen on RSB archives Dan White was never really involved in any CTE wars or discussions. It came when he joined here.

That's extremism....the "you're either with us or against us" attitude.

It's quite evident when someone posts often enough and how he posts.

A regular Joe could come in here wanting info or advice on aiming, mention CTE or question it one time and he'll get bombarded by years of BS flame wars, and if he counters back he'll be considered a cte hater.

And what you said is total BS. Brian, you're going off the deep end getting worse and worse. Stop bringing up CTE in every one of your posts for starters.

Btw, how is your wife?

JC

Coos Cues
Any aiming system that brings psychosis with it isn't worth the costs even if it works as described and you never miss another ball.

JC

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Any aiming system that brings psychosis with it isn't worth the costs even if it works as described and you never miss another ball.

JC

Yeah, but it's the nonusers and haters with the psychosis.

I'm extremely happy with what I've been taught and use from a great instructor just as you seemingly are from yours, Robin Dreyer.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
And what you said is total BS. Brian, you're going off the deep end getting worse and worse. Stop bringing up CTE in every one of your posts for starters.

Btw, how is your wife?

She's not well. And when thinking about it I can't help but think of all the other unfair, unnecessary, ridiculously stupid things people have to deal with on a daily basis. That's why I mentioned the decades old CTE war. It cant be called a debate or conversation because of the extremists on each side. I'm not one of them. I've even had people contact me asking if I could help them with cte because there's too much bullshit to deal with on AZ. My advice is consistent....call Stan Shuffett or PM one of the cte aiming gurus, because they might be less obnoxious one-on-one than they are in a public forum where they feel a constant need to defend themselves.

You've probably heard from one or two of these people yourself.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
She's not well. And when thinking about it I can't help but think of all the other unfair, unnecessary, ridiculously stupid things people have to deal with on a daily basis. That's why I mentioned the decades old CTE war. It cant be called a debate or conversation because of the extremists on each side. I'm not one of them. I've even had people contact me asking if I could help them with cte because there's too much bullshit to deal with on AZ. My advice is consistent....call Stan Shuffett or PM one of the cte aiming gurus, because they might be less obnoxious one-on-one than they are in a public forum where they feel a constant need to defend themselves.

You've probably heard from one or two of these people yourself.

A good number of years ago before you came here, it was openly discussed with beginners and those who got stuck at some point. And there were plenty of them.

The negative onslaught and bombardment always kept coming from the other side in thread after thread. Enough was enough. We all got sick of it.

Yes, I helped a large share of players here on the forum, by way of PMs and in person.

I think you need to open your eyes and identify who the obnoxious ones really are.
HINT: It's not the users and those who know the system except when pushed as it's been for years past! Then obnoxious isn't even the correct word.

You might be one of them, that is if you're honest with yourself.

Here's a thought for you in case it hasn't come to mind. If YOU stop posting in this thread about it as well as NOT bring up the three letters here or else where, I won't post either.

You said this could be a great aiming forum. Prove it. Start as many threads as you can dream up about any and all other aiming systems in existence EXCEPT FOR THE ONE PREMENTIONED. Talk about it and type until the skin on your fingers get blistered. How's that for a novel idea?

Start off with your own two. Poolology fractions and the "I can't explain what I see and do system". Maybe once the ball gets rolling it'll just flow and shoot out like an uncontrollable orgasm.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where do I enlist.????

Start off with your own two. Poolology fractions and the "I can't explain what I see and do system". Maybe once the ball gets rolling it'll just flow and shoot out like an uncontrollable orgasm.
I just can't resist..........:smile:
I can tell you this...at my age, if Poolology will accomplish this. Then, sign me up.
I'm all in for that one.
:bow-down:
:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Status
Not open for further replies.