Reload this Page Whites aren’t as prosperous as Trumpers seem to think
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Whites aren’t as prosperous as Trumpers seem to think
Old
  (#1)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Whites aren’t as prosperous as Trumpers seem to think - 08-15-2019, 08:47 AM

Well what do you know? Plenty of white folk on them Welfare Food Assistance Government Assitance Rolls right along with Corporate America.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ken-c...142532179.html

Whites aren’t as prosperous as Trumpers seem to think
Rick NewmanSenior Columnist,Yahoo Finance•August 15, 2019

NEW YORK, NY - AUGUST 14: An America flag flies near the Statue of Liberty on Liberty Island on August 14, 2019 in New York City. On Tuesday, acting Director of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ken Cuccinelli reworked the words of the Emma Lazarus poem The New Colossus as he defended the Trump administrations immigration policies. The poem appears on a plaque inside The Statue of Liberty. The 1883 poem by Lazarus is often cited as an inspiration statement about Americas attitude toward immigrants. (Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
An America flag flies near the Statue of Liberty on Liberty Island on August 14, 2019 in New York City.(Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images)

The Trump administration’s top immigration official, Ken Cuccinelli, has suggested that white immigrants from Europe are more economically responsible than nonwhite immigrants from elsewhere. Yet whites are the largest group of welfare recipients in the United States, while immigrants are far more entrepreneurial than native-born Americans.

Cuccinelli ignited a cable-news firestorm when he proposed modifying the famous poem on the Statue of Liberty so it reads: "Give me your tired and your poor who can stand on their own two feet and who will not become a public charge." (Here’s the original verse, for anybody seeking an assist: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore….)

Cuccinelli went further by arguing that the Liberty poem, written in 1883, referred to immigrants from Europe, as if those huddled masses were more industrious and deserving than other huddled masses. His comments are racially charged because the Trump administration is trying to scale back access to safety-net benefits by migrants hoping to become legal U.S. residents. Most migrants to the United States today aren’t white Europeans, but non-whites coming from Latin America and Asia.

Cuccinelli is suggesting white immigrants, or maybe whites in general, are more economically self-sufficient than other groups. Yet whites represent the largest racial group living in poverty, and the largest group of food-aid recipients under the federal SNAP program. Here are the numbers:

Graphic by David FosterName:  WhitesonFoodStamps.png
Views: 86
Size:  104.0 KB

Blacks and Hispanics receive food aid and struggle with poverty in higher proportions than their representation in the overall population, for well understood reasons, including the long legacy of slavery and the underdeveloped nations many Hispanic immigrants come from. In terms of overall numbers, however, whites are the biggest group in both categories. At an average cost of $254 per household per month, Uncle Sam spends about $2 billion per month for food aid to white households, compared with $1.3 billion for blacks and $610 million for Hispanics.

The Trump administration’s campaign against legal immigration is also economically self-defeating. In a well-functioning economy such as we have, growth in population and the labor force boost economic growth and improve living standards. A boost in legal immigration is the most obvious way to offset slowing population growth in the United States. Yet Trump is pushing in the opposite direction, which many economists say will lower growth.

Immigrants are also more entrepreneurial than native-born Americans. Immigrants start businesses at nearly twice the rate of natives, according to the Kauffman Foundation. Some of those businesses are high-fliers like Tesla (TSLA), Google (GOOG, GOOGL) and Intel (INTC), but most are traditional small businesses that politicians love to praise as the backbone of the U.S. economy. With American headed for minority-majority status in a couple of decades, it would be prudent to harness the power of immigration instead of denying it.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $5.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Last edited by 336Robin; 08-15-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Old
  (#2)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-15-2019, 08:55 AM

How does this data jibe with the pampered, privileged narrative the Demos are leveling against Whites?

Old
  (#3)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-15-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
How does this data jibe with the pampered, privileged narrative the Demos are leveling against Whites?
LOL!
Great question. But, would you ask a question to a spoon? Or a rock?
Of course not. So why ask him?

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#4)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 09:12 AM

You know what is truly scary, is you needed Yahoo to let you know a fact that most normal folks knew for decades. It's not a big secret, and never was. We make up the largest percentage of the population. But, thanks to Yahoo for breaking this wide fuggin open... well, for any meatheads that didn't know yet.

You actually are starting to believe the narrative that only white folks are GOP. Holy bat shit dude.

So, the point is what exactly now? Yes, still cut welfare. Black, white or green. We don't care. It's time for able working folks to work. And folks living in depressed areas need to move where the jobs are and get off welfare.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#5)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 09:41 AM

Who or what is a Trumper?

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#6)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post

Blacks and Hispanics receive food aid and struggle with poverty in higher proportions than their representation in the overall population, for well understood reasons, including the long legacy of slavery.......
If nothing else......these brain dead, copy and paste articles have some entertainment value....like the quote above. I had a good chuckle over that one...."I need food stamps because my great-great-great grandfather was a slave" LOL....anyone actually believe this BS?

Old
  (#7)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 10:41 AM

Ah...the old mix percentages with raw numbers approach. Cool.

Also...how can this be true with all that privilege?

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#8)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

08-15-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Who or what is a Trumper?
The trump card is the winning card. If you play a trump card during a game of Spades, it means that you take the whole trick — in other words, you'll pick up every card on the table. ... Trump card comes from an old card game called "triumph," shortened to just trump in the 1500's.

I guess the person that plays the trump card is a trumper.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#9)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
Well what do you know? Plenty of white folk on them Welfare Food Assistance Government Assitance Rolls.....
You do realize that Whites are proportionately less likely to use govt assistance......right? The article even admits that fact.

And even though it's not mentioned in the article..... A proportionately higher percentage of govt handout $ are funded by Whites.

So can you reiterate the point you were trying to make by posting the article?

Old
  (#10)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5994 View Post
You do realize...
Your post became impossible to be factual after those three words.

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#11)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 10:55 AM

It's true, these basic facts are fairly well known.

However, what the current statistics are for them now are not known to anyone unless reported.

(I wonder just how current these are, since I didn't notice any dates. It could be from just a few months back, or perhaps for 2018.)

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#12)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever

08-15-2019, 11:00 AM

Given how much d'rats hate white folks (except for themselves, of course), you'd think they'd be celebrating this "news"- if were'n't actually mindless bullshit that is.

Neil Peart

Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#13)
BJTyler
AzB Member
BJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 11:07 AM

This could be one the dumbest articles I've read in a long time. I'm definitely a few IQ points dumber for having read it. There are 8 year olds who could point out the logical flaws in it.

Perhaps, the only thing dumber than this article and its author might be the person who decides to post it on a public forum.

Old
  (#14)
jason
Unprofessional everything
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3750

08-15-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJTyler View Post
This could be one the dumbest articles I've read in a long time. I'm definitely a few IQ points dumber for having read it. There are 8 year olds who could point out the logical flaws in it.

Perhaps, the only thing dumber than this article and its author might be the person who decides to post it on a public forum.

here is a picture of the idiot who wrote the article.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.11.03 PM.png
Views: 46
Size:  33.7 KB

Robin post your picture too.

Jason

Old
  (#15)
BJTyler
AzB Member
BJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond reputeBJTyler has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
here is a picture of the idiot who wrote the article.

Attachment 527195

Robin post your picture too.
I knew the article made me dumber ...

Can someone please explain to me why the percentages of people on food-aid only add up to 80% ?? What/who is the group receiving the other 20% of food-aid? (rounding cannot be responsible for such a large gap)

Or, is this just innumeracy in action.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: