Shane Vanboening vs Jayson Shaw

realkingcobra

Silver Member
In an interview after he beat Shaw yesterday, Shane said he wants to play Chang to 125 for $100,000.

[or was it even more than that?]

He offered to give Earl some weight the last time he beat him to, I can't print what Earl's reply was🤣😂

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
So, at a midway point in a race to a 100, with a score of 50-43.....that's a blowout to you???

Chang keeps beating Shane in both races to 100 and races to 50, whether they play in Asia or the US. Credit to Shane for knowing better than to play the race to 100 ten ball for 30K that Chang's team was begging for at Derby City. Chang has had Shane's number for a few years now. We both understand that Shane is capable of winning a race to 100 against Chang, but he has been wise enough to steer clear of it. Chang is the world's best action player right now in rotation games, even stronger than Filler in my view.

But Chang, Filler and SVB can all beat each other in a match of any length on a given day.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You must have bet on Jason🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Not in this life time , but I've noticed a little dog in Shane's game he has highs and lows Chang simply doesn't have Changs mechanics are second to none his gear may not be as high as Shane's but his even keel mentality and his consistency is hard to fade ,
I'd favor him in a race to 500

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Not in this life time , but I've noticed a little dog in Shane's game he has highs and lows Chang simply doesn't have Changs mechanics are second to none his gear may not be as high as Shane's but his even keel mentality and his consistency is hard to fade ,
I'd favor him in a race to 500

Great, then bet it all on him when he plays Shane in a race to 125🤣

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great, then bet it all on him when he plays Shane in a race to 125��

lol I will gladly hook you up when Shane grows a pair with the guys who bet high if your not aware there is a FB site they are all betting on your money will be welcomed I'm sure
Oh my bad your talking about Shaw lol

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see Shane v Orcullo. Orcullo beat Biado earlier this year to be Philippines Money King (at least for now) . I think last time they played a money game was a decade ago They have some history so would be great grudge match.
Why are they not playing ? :D

As I noted on page one of this thread:

OK, after a 100-91 result, I guess rack your own is only worth nine on the wire. My bad.

You are on point actually - from AtLarge stats actual score actually 101-91.
They undercount 1 rack from Shane score-some confusion in rack 55/56. If I am not mistaken , commentators asked to recheck and that it should be 55 instead of 56 but they took some time to check and by time they confirmed and adjusted , 1 more rack was played which they did not count.
Eerily, MMP betting line had 192 games also.

In an interview after he beat Shaw yesterday, Shane said he wants to play Chang to 125 for $100,000.

[or was it even more than that?]
I believe when interviewed by JJ, Shane said $20K or $30K and CJ subsequently said (probably in humor) they should play for $100K

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
They undercount 1 rack from Shane score-some confusion in rack 55/56. If I am not mistaken , commentators asked to recheck and that it should be 55 instead of 56 but they took some time to check and by time they confirmed and adjusted , 1 more rack was played which they did not count.

Wow, so Shane actually won 101-91? What would have happened if Shaw had won 100-99 by their score? That would mean Shane actually got to 100 first.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see Shane v Orcullo. Orcullo beat Biado earlier this year to be Philippines Money King (at least for now) . I think last time they played a money game was a decade ago They have some history so would be great grudge match.
Why are they not playing ? :D

I believe when interviewed by JJ, Shane said $20K or $30K and CJ subsequently said (probably in humor) they should play for $100K

I like Dennis and his 10b break has improve tons since they played the big race. With that said, Dennis BNR rate
isn't 40%+ to stand a chance. Maybe if they play on a 4" pocket Diamond..

I actually would like to see them play a 1p match.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Dennis and his 10b break has improve tons since they played the big race. With that said, Dennis BNR rate
isn't 40%+ to stand a chance. Maybe if they play on a 4" pocket Diamond..

I actually would like to see them play a 1p match.

Shane might not have to like any game against DO

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm sure you're right, especially after they played a race to 100 and Shane won, if I'm remembering right like 100-80.

TAR 35 -- 2013, 10-Ball, 100-81 SVB.

They also played an earlier TAR match:
TAR 29 -- 2012, all-around:
  • 8-Ball 15-11 SVB
    1-Pocket 7-4 Orcollo
    10-Ball 25-23 Orcollo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
TAR 35 -- 2013, 10-Ball, 100-81 SVB.

They also played an earlier TAR match:
TAR 29 -- 2012, all-around:
  • 8-Ball 15-11 SVB
    1-Pocket 7-4 Orcollo
    10-Ball 25-23 Orcollo

I knew I was close, Shane is almost impossible to beat in a race to 100. But don't do so well in the shorter races. Shane is like a marathon runner, he don't have the speed for the 100 yard dash. And the sprinter don't have the endurance to run a marathon.