Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Shane Vanboening vs Jayson Shaw
Page 26 of 30 « First 16242526 2728 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#376)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-19-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post
I would like to see Shane v Orcullo. Orcullo beat Biado earlier this year to be Philippines Money King (at least for now) . I think last time they played a money game was a decade ago They have some history so would be great grudge match.
Why are they not playing ?

You are on point actually - from AtLarge stats actual score actually 101-91.
They undercount 1 rack from Shane score-some confusion in rack 55/56. If I am not mistaken , commentators asked to recheck and that it should be 55 instead of 56 but they took some time to check and by time they confirmed and adjusted , 1 more rack was played which they did not count.
Eerily, MMP betting line had 192 games also.

I believe when interviewed by JJ, Shane said $20K or $30K and CJ subsequently said (probably in humor) they should play for $100K
I like Dennis and his 10b break has improve tons since they played the big race. With that said, Dennis BNR rate
isn't 40%+ to stand a chance. Maybe if they play on a 4" pocket Diamond..

I actually would like to see them play a 1p match.

Old
  (#377)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxman View Post
I like Dennis and his 10b break has improve tons since they played the big race. With that said, Dennis BNR rate
isn't 40%+ to stand a chance. Maybe if they play on a 4" pocket Diamond..

I actually would like to see them play a 1p match.
Shane might not have to like any game against DO

Old
  (#378)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

08-20-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
Shane might not have to like any game against DO

I'm sure you're right, especially after they played a race to 100 and Shane won, if I'm remembering right like 100-80.

Old
  (#379)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
I'm sure you're right, especially after they played a race to 100 and Shane won, if I'm remembering right like 100-80.
TAR 35 -- 2013, 10-Ball, 100-81 SVB.

They also played an earlier TAR match:
TAR 29 -- 2012, all-around:
  • 8-Ball 15-11 SVB
    1-Pocket 7-4 Orcollo
    10-Ball 25-23 Orcollo

Old
  (#380)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
TAR 35 -- 2013, 10-Ball, 100-81 SVB.

They also played an earlier TAR match:
TAR 29 -- 2012, all-around:
  • 8-Ball 15-11 SVB
    1-Pocket 7-4 Orcollo
    10-Ball 25-23 Orcollo
I knew I was close, Shane is almost impossible to beat in a race to 100. But don't do so well in the shorter races. Shane is like a marathon runner, he don't have the speed for the 100 yard dash. And the sprinter don't have the endurance to run a marathon.

Old
  (#381)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

08-20-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
I knew I was close, Shane is almost impossible to beat in a race to 100. But don't do so well in the shorter races. Shane is like a marathon runner, he don't have the speed for the 100 yard dash. And the sprinter don't have the endurance to run a marathon.
I think you are selling him short. Shane is one of the best short race players I've ever seen. Three of his Derby City 9-ball titles came when all the races, including the final, were to seven, and winning the Derby City 9-ball usually requires winning at least thirteen of your fourteen matches. Short races suited him just fine at one of the hardest events to win in our sport.

Away from the Mosconi, Shane has been a fantastic short race player.

Last edited by sjm; 08-20-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Old
  (#382)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
That's when DO had a donkey break that's simply not the case now his break is much better now ,

Old
  (#383)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

08-20-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
That's when DO had a donkey break that's simply not the case now his break is much better now ,

Excuses....excuses....excuses. By the way, what's YOUR high bet cupcake??

Old
  (#384)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

08-20-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
I think you are selling him short. Shane is one of the best short race players I've ever seen. Three of his Derby City 9-ball titles came when all the races, including the final, were to seven, and winning the Derby City 9-ball usually requires winning at least thirteen of your fourteen matches. Short races suited him just fine at one of the hardest events to win in our sport.

Away from the Mosconi, Shane has been a fantastic short race player.
Shane's short game has a lot to do with A) has he been up most of the night gambling, and B) does he have a gf watching him while he's playing. But his odds of winning go up substantially the longer the race.

Old
  (#385)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member

08-20-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Excuses....excuses....excuses. By the way, what's YOUR high bet cupcake??
2500 , yep everyone's got excuses when they lose including Shane

Old
  (#386)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

08-20-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
2500 , yep everyone's got excuses when they lose including Shane

Funny, I've never once heard Shane give an excuse for losing to anyone, and that list is short by the way. I'll ask you one more time, other than the first race to 100 with Alex, which I explained why he lost, he came back and crushed Alex when they played again. So, who else has beaten Shane in a race to 100????????? On a 9ft pool table, not a circus 10ft.

Old
  (#387)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member

08-20-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Funny, I've never once heard Shane give an excuse for losing to anyone, and that list is short by the way. I'll ask you one more time, other than the first race to 100 with Alex, which I explained why he lost, he came back and crushed Alex when they played again. So, who else has beaten Shane in a race to 100????????? On a 9ft pool table, not a circus 10ft.
SJM answered that question already, , I wasn't speaking about Shane personaly I was speaking of his huggers

Old
  (#388)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post
I would like to see Shane v Orcullo. Orcullo beat Biado earlier this year to be Philippines Money King (at least for now) . I think last time they played a money game was a decade ago They have some history so would be great grudge match.
Why are they not playing ?
ugh.. two rack mechanics going at it, tilting and fiddling. dennis is even worse than shane.

but with a ref racking, sure. i still think shane would win though

Old
  (#389)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

08-20-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
..... everyone's got excuses when they lose including Shane

Sure did look like you was including Shane when you made that statement, now you're retracting what you said!!

Old
  (#390)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member

08-20-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Sure did look like you was including Shane when you made that statement, now you're retracting what you said!!
I've never heard him complain he , he just sulks and slides low in the chair . His fans however especially when it's brought up he has zero world championships titles always bring up but but but he would win every world title every yr if it was a race to 100 because that's mans pool unlike these kiddy races blah blah blah

Page 26 of 30 « First 16242526 2728 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: