Old
  (#271)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

08-24-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
That's exactly my point.

I agree Ruth was a great hitter, in his era.

But of all time? That's laughable.
It isn't laughable, Ruth was the best, so far beyond his peers that it may never be duplicated. Nobody has even come close to Ruth's standards relative to the standards of one's own era.

Ruth is the best home run hitter ever ... by a country mile.

In golf, Jack Nicklaus sure didn't hit is as far as the players of today. Are we to conclude that Bubba Watson, whose average drive is about 50 yards further than Jack's in his prime, is a much, much, much better driver of the golf ball than Jack, or are we supposed to recognize that Jack played in an era where 270 yards off the tee was crazy long?

You need to rethink this.

Old
  (#272)
DynoDan
AzB Silver Member
DynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-24-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronataylor View Post
Personally speaking, I will pay up to $100 for a DVD of it.
Cost really not an issue for me. The fewer he sells, the more valuable the original/authorized copy may likely become (you never know what ‘retro’ attraction might appeal to future generations). Vintage cars are uncomfortable/inconvenient and hard to maintain, but prices somehow still keep going up. You can buy classic literature to read for pennies, but the first editions usually cost more than a house.

Whatever, not really the point. Goes without saying John is a monster ‘ball-making’ machine, so watching him pocket (easy) shots one after the other could be ‘ho hum’. I already know how to beat a scratch off the rack, I just want to see if I can learn how to continually spread the balls adequately, and not end up hopelessly hooked! Anybody who can do it 44 times in a row must have a secret I’ve missed, and his last effort was the top of his learning experience.
Kicking out only a few at a time doesn’t seem to get me anywhere. Whenever I break them harder, I either end up frozen behind a ball, or whitey gets knocked into a hole.
Besides, $100, $200, what price do you put on history anyway?

Nicklaus
Old
  (#273)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Nicklaus - 08-24-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
It isn't laughable, Ruth was the best, so far beyond his peers that it may never be duplicated. Nobody has even come close to Ruth's standards relative to the standards of one's own era.

Ruth is the best home run hitter ever ... by a country mile.

In golf, Jack Nicklaus sure didn't hit is as far as the players of today. Are we to conclude that Bubba Watson, whose average drive is about 50 yards further than Jack's in his prime, is a much, much, much better driver of the golf ball than Jack, or are we supposed to recognize that Jack played in an era where 270 yards off the tee was crazy long?

You need to rethink this.

Monsters like Nicklaus and Ruth only come along once in generations. A company executive was in a pro-am foursome with Jack. The executive went on to win a couple senior tour events so he wasn't bad. He said first tee, the other three drove, Jack drove last, about fifty yards further than anyone straight up the middle. The executive said he knew then he was in for a long and humiliating day!

Hu

Old
  (#274)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoDan View Post
Cost really not an issue for me. The fewer he sells, the more valuable the original/authorized copy may likely become (you never know what ‘retro’ attraction might appeal to future generations). Vintage cars are uncomfortable/inconvenient and hard to maintain, but prices somehow still keep going up. You can buy classic literature to read for pennies, but the first editions usually cost more than a house.

Whatever, not really the point. Goes without saying John is a monster ‘ball-making’ machine, so watching him pocket (easy) shots one after the other could be ‘ho hum’. I already know how to beat a scratch off the rack, I just want to see if I can learn how to continually spread the balls adequately, and not end up hopelessly hooked! Anybody who can do it 44 times in a row must have a secret I’ve missed, and his last effort was the top of his learning experience.
Kicking out only a few at a time doesn’t seem to get me anywhere. Whenever I break them harder, I either end up frozen behind a ball, or whitey gets knocked into a hole.
Besides, $100, $200, what price do you put on history anyway?
Investment? To each his own.

Free tips:

1) On break shots, know which ball(s) in the pack to hit and at what speed, eventually you will remember and know where the cue ball and balls from the pack are going. Always try to get the cue free from the pack and rails and out towards to the middle of the table as possible.

2) When breaking small clusters, leave yourself an insurance ball, something free or hanging close to the pocket in case you get in trouble. Know where all the ball are going.

Practice understanding where the balls are going by taking a handful of balls, maybe six, and place them randomly in a bunch in the middle of the table, some could be kissing, but not necessarily all, but close enough to one another that they will all move when one is struck. Take the cue ball and place it close to the pack aiming for that ball which will make them all move. Before you strike that ball medium speed, try and figure out how, why, and where all six balls will move. When you master this, you will likely never get hooked after breaking up the pack or a cluster again.

Old
  (#275)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

08-24-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
Investment? To each his own.

Free tips:

1) On break shots, know which ball(s) in the pack to hit and at what speed, eventually you will remember and know where the cue ball and balls from the pack are going. Always try to get the cue free from the pack and rails and out towards to the middle of the table as possible.

2) When breaking small clusters, leave yourself an insurance ball, something free or hanging close to the pocket in case you get in trouble. Know where all the ball are going.

Practice understanding where the balls are going by taking a handful of balls, maybe six, and place them randomly in a bunch in the middle of the table, some could be kissing, but not necessarily all, but close enough to one another that they will all move when one is struck. Take the cue ball and place it close to the pack aiming for that ball which will make them all move. Before you strike that ball medium speed, try and figure out how, why, and where all six balls will move. When you master this, you will likely never get hooked after breaking up the pack or a cluster again.
Clean and polish balls ,reverse rack to the breaking end of the table and play with a Revo shaft

Old
  (#276)
TheRanger
AzB Silver Member
TheRanger is on a distinguished road

08-25-2019, 10:38 AM

Still no word on if/when the run will be released?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Mr 626 not Mr 600
Old
  (#277)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

Talking Mr 626 not Mr 600 - 08-25-2019, 10:55 AM

John is Mr 626 not Mr 600. Why rob him of 26 ? They call him Mr 626 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Wbi1ts0-Y

It is like you win $626K in a lottery and the lottery company of their own volition says pays you round number of only $600K.
And imagine if someone else runs 601 , there will be two Mr 600

Old
  (#278)
Petros Andrikop
AzB Silver Member
Petros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond reputePetros Andrikop has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 11:06 AM

Don't know if it's posted here already, just saw it today:

https://cdn.ymaws.com/bca-pool.com/r...un_record_.pdf

Last edited by Petros Andrikop; 08-25-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Old
  (#279)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros Andrikop View Post
Don't know if it's posted here already, just saw it today:

https://cdn.ymaws.com/bca-pool.com/r...un_record_.pdf
I forgot all about it , ya it's been posted

Old
  (#280)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member

08-25-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post
John is Mr 626 not Mr 600. Why rob him of 26 ? They call him Mr 626 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Wbi1ts0-Y

It is like you win $626K in a lottery and the lottery company of their own volition says pays you round number of only $600K.
And imagine if someone else runs 601 , there will be two Mr 600
He ran over 400 and he was know as mr 400

Old
  (#281)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 02:30 PM

Babe Ruth is the only baseball player who ever lived that made the hall of fame as a fielder/batter and was also considered good enough as a major league pitcher that, if he continued pitching; he would have been a HOF pitcher as well.

Old
  (#282)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one stroke View Post
He ran over 400 and he was know as mr 400

I believe first time he actually ran exactly 400?

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
My Snooker 147 with Pool Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A
HOW TO RUN RACKS IN 14.1 - Livestreamed with 103 run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnCaoYpzaM

Old
  (#283)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-25-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolmanis View Post
I believe first time he actually ran exactly 400?
I think that's correct and at the time he had never run 300 or more. When he ran the 626 he had never had a run in the 500s and still does not, so far as I know, and may never have a "500" run.

I wish I could skip over 100s when I set a personal high run. Maybe I should count tens.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#284)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
I think that's correct and at the time he had never run 300 or more. When he ran the 626 he had never had a run in the 500s and still does not, so far as I know, and may never have a "500" run.

I wish I could skip over 100s when I set a personal high run. Maybe I should count tens.
Bob, the fact that John is able to beat his personal best by 100's should be proof to just how high of a gear he has when he catches it.

I would love to see him catch "that gear" while in a competition that lets the player continue their run.

If it ever happens there will be a lot of people to see John in a different light than they currently do.

Jeff

Don't let your bark be bigger than your stroke.

If I had plenty of money, I would probably lose more often.

Old
  (#285)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post

If it ever happens there will be a lot of people to see John in a different light than they currently do.
John could run 1,000 with one hand, and he'd still have just as many haters.

Page 19 of 44 « First 9171819 202129 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: