Reload this Page Superior African-American genes
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Superior African-American genes
Old
  (#1)
Pangit
AzB Silver Member
Pangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Superior African-American genes - 08-12-2019, 07:37 AM

Video

Well done to Simone, she's been representing the USA quite well for several years.

Simone Biles won her sixth all-around title at the U.S. Gymnastics Championships on Sunday, plus did a historic clean triple-double in floor exercise.

Biles, 22, did the triple-double in the preliminaries Friday in floor exercise, too, the first time a woman had ever completed the complex move of two flips with three twists in competition. But she put her hands down on the landing then, which frustrated her. She didn't do that Sunday and was so happy with the move that she retweeted video of it during the competition.

"I didn't want to be the last person to see it," Biles said of checking her phone for the video, "so I went online to see what it looked like, so that me and [coach Laurent Landi] could watch it. But I was very pleased that I actually landed it this time in competition."

Biles won the all-around title easily; her 118.500 was almost 5 full points ahead of second-place finisher Sunisa Lee at 113.550. Grace McCallum was third at 111.850. Biles has won 20 consecutive all-around titles dating back six years, including at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics.

Sunday, Biles also won the titles in the vault (30.850), balance beam (29.650) and, of course, floor exercise (29.450), which she especially has elevated to must-see TV whenever she's performing. And even in the event she calls her least favorite, uneven bars, she finished third (28.800).

Lee, a 16-year-old from Minnesota, won the bars with a score of 29.800 and was the only woman other than Biles to walk away with a gold medal from these championships. She acknowledged she watches all of Biles' routines with a sense of awe.

"She's so good, and I don't understand it," Lee said with a smile. "She's like, yeah, crazy good. She does stuff I never thought people could do."

Biles began her Sunday evening on beam, where on Friday she became the first to do a double-double dismount. She simplified her beam dismount a bit Sunday but still nailed the routine and was in a great mood from there. That was a contrast to Friday, when she did floor exercise first and -- despite the triple-double -- wasn't happy the rest of the night because she thought her floor routine wasn't good enough.

Sunday, the positive vibes from the beam carried her through, as did the Sprint Center crowd that cheered wildly at everything she did.

"I feel like you carry that momentum through the entire meet," Biles said of the opening rotation. "The other day, I was doing angry gymnastics, and I was just really upset. Then today, it was just like back to normal and happy."

Biles went from the floor exercise to vault. Then her final event was bars, and after finishing that routine, Biles smiled broadly and waved her arms.

"I was a lot happier today," she said, "because I feel like I haven't been as confident on bars this year as I was last year. To finally do a good routine like I can do it, I was very happy. And it was the last event, so I was like, 'Thank God we're done.'"

Done for now, yes, but there's another huge meet coming up Oct. 4-13 in Stuttgart, Germany: the world championships. The U.S. women are the defending champions; their gold in last year's world meet earned them their berth in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Biles won the all-around title in the 2018 world meet, along with golds on the floor exercise and vault, plus silver in the bars and bronze on the beam.

The top 10 finishers here at the U.S. Gymnastics Championships are named to the national team; they and select other invitees will take part in a training camp Sept. 5-8. Then the actual selection camp for the world meet will take place Sept. 25-27, and a team of five will be picked, plus one alternate. It will be very competitive to make that group of five.

We already know, though, that Biles will lead the United States' effort. She had moments here at nationals of great emotion, both joy and sadness. The latter came when she was talking to media before the meet started about the lingering effects of the Larry Nassar sexual-abuse scandal. She was brought to tears relating her frustration and disappointment with USA Gymnastics, which as an organization is going through bankruptcy court and trying to rebuild its reputation.

But once this competition started, Biles was laser-focused on doing her best. She said she puts other things out of her mind and just thinks about the gymnastics.

"I feel like you just kind of shut it out," Biles said. "Once I'm here, I'm here to do a job."

She did it extremely well, yet again. And with the Tokyo Olympics about a year away, Biles said she's on a very strong trajectory.

"Right now, I feel like it's a good peak," she said. "But we don't want to change too much going into next year. You kind of just want to stay consistent with your routines. If any upgrades come, you'll see."

Last edited by Pangit; 08-12-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Old
  (#2)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 07:42 AM

Yup, super American genes. Island folks still only playing pool, huh?

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#3)
Pangit
AzB Silver Member
Pangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Yup, super American genes. Island folks still only playing pool, huh?

I'm sure I'd take your weak backside to the woodshed in any pocket billiards game you want to play...left handed. I've been honing my skills in the RP for several years.

Old
  (#4)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 08:02 AM

Tard boy loves to get that race card out. He's a master baiter.

Old
  (#5)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 08:02 AM

The racist troll is now gonna talk shit about his pool game?!

There is a pocket imprinted on the backside of every object ball.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#6)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
08-12-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
The racist troll is now gonna talk shit about his pool game?!
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Old
  (#7)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangit View Post
I'm sure I'd take your weak backside to the woodshed in any pocket billiards game you want to play...left handed. I've been honing my skills in the RP for several years.
I'm sure you've been honing your "skils" on something other than pool on the island. And because you are unable to see the insult for what it was, it was Americans just strutting their stuff in all sports they compete in. Get it now ?

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#8)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

08-12-2019, 09:54 AM

You can get played gimp, either hand you want to lose with, any pool game. Lawnmower boy ran scared when he shot his cocsucker off about someone's game.

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#9)
CuesDirectly
AzB Silver Member

CuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 10:04 AM

She's wonderful AND she loves Trump.

Pangit, I have another one for you to post, first you must look it up. I just heard today that one of the Williams sisters is retiring, what a great time to post up;

THE REAGANS WITH THE WILLIAMS SISTERS when they were very young and not known.

Thanks again Pangit for the great post.

----------------------------------------------

David Brainard, custom Cuemaker
My website is CuesDirectly.com
Email, CuesDirectly@gmail.com
Facebook under both names
503 930-7776 5am -5pm West Coast time

Old
  (#10)
asiasdad
All PEDOS must DIE
asiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

08-12-2019, 10:54 AM

hey pedopangit,

this man has superior genes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCS2b87SbiM

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant - Maximilien Robespierre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRtE...EZhCDCEMZHUjRg

Old
  (#11)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 10:55 AM

Sports fans in our time have been treated to many generational talents pretty much across the board. Many of them even look like the best of all times, or at least have a strong case to be in that conversation.

And no doubt, some of them require a specific body type, and an exceptional one of that type. Michael Phelps has his length and webbed extremities and an exceptional cardiovascular system. Simone has her powerful build on a smaller frame. But so have others, who are also-rans, or only briefly at the top of their sports.

Because those exceptional physiques are not nearly enough for sustained excellence at the top levels. That is probably necessary, but not sufficient. It must be combined with the sustained mental focus and complete commitment any champion has, and maybe some luck to avoid significant injuries.

I might make a few exceptions, because maybe freak genetics can more fully account for the world dominating speed of a Usain St Leo Bolt or an Edwin Moses (107 consecutive finals wins, via 122 consecutive race wins). Sure, they also needed technique, but the sheer speed part was most of it. Although, sustaining it over as long as they did was on the mental side.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

sports
Old
  (#12)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

sports - 08-12-2019, 12:44 PM

Funny thing, the racist crap might have merit, more from the hybrid breeding than just black genes. crossbred animals can be bigger and better than either parent, mules are a great example. The last I knew the biggest equine in the world was a mule, bred from a little jackass and a giant mare.

People of mixed blood may well benefit from the same hybrid vigor that is well known in animals. After all, we differ from animals only in ways that are inconsequential.

We rarely know if humans are sports, mutants, freaks. Secretariat was the greatest horse of my lifetime, maybe in racing history. He was good but not fantastic in the breeding barn. He had a strong pedigree and produced some stakes winning horses. The one thing he didn't pass on was his huge healthy heart which almost filled a five gallon bucket when they did a necropsy. Aside from his stakes winning capabilities otherwise, he could sprint further than any other horse alive with a heart roughly four times bigger than other thoroughbreds. A sport made him the greatest horse alive while other sports are far worse than normal and the differences are considered birth defects.

Simone is a fantastic athlete. I don't watch TV these days so I haven't seen her in many years. However, I do remember who brought perfection to gymnastics. A tiny white girl named Nadia. After her earning tens they started passing them out like candy. However, a look on youtube will still show Nadia was perfection! Is she a sport too? Maybe. The best in the world is pretty much by definition not normal.

Hu

Old
  (#13)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
Funny thing, the racist crap might have merit, more from the hybrid breeding than just black genes. crossbred animals can be bigger and better than either parent, mules are a great example. The last I knew the biggest equine in the world was a mule, bred from a little jackass and a giant mare.

People of mixed blood may well benefit from the same hybrid vigor that is well known in animals. After all, we differ from animals only in ways that are inconsequential.

We rarely know if humans are sports, mutants, freaks. Secretariat was the greatest horse of my lifetime, maybe in racing history. He was good but not fantastic in the breeding barn. He had a strong pedigree and produced some stakes winning horses. The one thing he didn't pass on was his huge healthy heart which almost filled a five gallon bucket when they did a necropsy. Aside from his stakes winning capabilities otherwise, he could sprint further than any other horse alive with a heart roughly four times bigger than other thoroughbreds. A sport made him the greatest horse alive while other sports are far worse than normal and the differences are considered birth defects.

Simone is a fantastic athlete. I don't watch TV these days so I haven't seen her in many years. However, I do remember who brought perfection to gymnastics. A tiny white girl named Nadia. After her earning tens they started passing them out like candy. However, a look on youtube will still show Nadia was perfection! Is she a sport too? Maybe. The best in the world is pretty much by definition not normal.

Hu
Shades of Jimmy The Greek and jimmyg....

Old
  (#14)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post

Hu
I know you knew why you used that word, but to clarify for others who might not know its specialty usage.

From Merriam-Webster's second of three entries, listed as the fifth and last meaning for 'sport' in that second entry:

5 : an individual exhibiting a sudden deviation from type beyond the normal limits of individual variation usually as a result of mutation especially of somatic tissue

I knew of the term only regarding horticulture (or botany), as in, a mutant rose is called a sport. I didn't know it applied to animals.

Secretariat's four times normal heart size is like a three-sigma deviation from the mean, and is obviously highly unusual. I don't see any reason to think Simone has any such advantage. Back in the day, Steve Prefontaine had some very unusual cardiovascular advantage (like a 40 bpm resting heart rate, and an extreme VO2 max) for longer races. It helped him to a legendary national level career, holding all US outdoor records for distances over a mile as of his untimely death, but not international success (edged out for the Bronze medal at the Olympics).

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by Sofla; 08-12-2019 at 01:35 PM.

A little edge, a lot of training!
Old
  (#15)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

A little edge, a lot of training! - 08-12-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
I know you knew why you used that word, but to clarify for others who might not know its specialty usage.

From Merriam-Webster's second of three entries, listed as the fifth and last meaning for 'sport' in that second entry:

5 : an individual exhibiting a sudden deviation from type beyond the normal limits of individual variation usually as a result of mutation especially of somatic tissue

I knew of the term only regarding horticulture (or botany), as in, a mutant rose is called a sport. I didn't know it applied to animals.

Secretariat's four times normal heart size is like a three-sigma deviation from the mean, and is obviously highly unusual. I don't see any reason to think Simone has any such advantage. Back in the day, Steve Prefontaine had some very unusual cardiovascular advantage (like a 40 bpm resting heart rate, and an extreme VO2 max) for longer races. It helped him to a legendary national level career, holding all US outdoor records for distances over a mile as of his untimely death, but not international success (edged out for the Bronze medal at the Olympics).

I don't believe Simone has a huge phsyical or mental advantage. A human with an unusual trait that aided them in their area of interest might have a slight advantage but not likely to be an undetected monster advantage. Start with a little genetic help, a lifetime of training, and perhaps you get a world beater. As we both know usually not!

In my high school years and early twenties I had a resting pulse of around fifty. Doctors often asked me if I was an athlete when we first met. "Do I look like an athlete?" My main exercise was swinging a pool cue or lifting light weights with lots of repetitions. I usually started out with twelve ounces.

I might have been able to find an area where my slow heart beat was an advantage but I didn't seek one. Perhaps it helped in high pressure situations and I just didn't know it.

Something that can't be measured is "heart". While poking around on youtube I watched Kerri Strug's two vaults to win team gold for the USA. Impossible to tell she was hurt pounding down the runway or doing the vault. A little difficulty on the landing, not bad. I believe she had to be carried away and I remember Bella carrying her in the medal ceremony. Training can bring it out but no amount of training can create "heart". You are either born with "heart" or you or not.

Somehow an english bulldog of the short squat variety came to be crossbred with a great dane. Five puppies were born. No two were remotely the same. One looked almost like an english bulldog. One looked like a dane. The one I saw was less than a year old and looked like a double sized pit bull! He weighed over 150 pounds at nine months and still had a lot of growing to do.

Genetics are endlessly interesting. I have bred horses and dogs so I know a little about genetics but I also know the proof is in the pudding! Secretariat had just entered the breeding barn and as is typical they did a test breeding with an old mare that happened to be in heat. A lawyer paid a quarter million dollars for the foal when it was three days old. The foal took after it's mother. With over a quarter-million in it a friend with a way with words told me, "the horse was too slow to scatter it's own crap!" There aren't that many open maiden races and the horse couldn't be ran in a claimer with a quarter-million dollar investment that the lawyer was hoping to salvage a good sized chunk of so the horse never broke it's maiden. A $250,000 pony horse!

Hu

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: