Reload this Page T.v. news of suicide
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
T.v. news of suicide
Old
  (#1)
desi2960
AzB Silver Member
desi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

T.v. news of suicide - 08-13-2019, 04:17 PM

Today on a national news program, the suicide was explained.

He took his sheet tied it to the top of his bunk, tied the other end around his neck, Then he lifted his legs until he was dead.

Old
  (#2)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-13-2019, 04:22 PM

Well, that's pretty much how one would assume it is done.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#3)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

08-13-2019, 05:19 PM

Of course, and after "dying" continue to hold your legs up a bit longer just in case you just passed out and only thought you was dead.

Old
  (#4)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

08-13-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
Of course, and after "dying" continue to hold your legs up a bit longer just in case you just passed out and only thought you was dead.
No need to continue to hold your legs up after you pass out. The weight of your torso will finish the job.

Well known mechanics and it has been frequently done.

Hey, if you really think you are right, try it.

Please don't.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

More questions
Old
  (#5)
desi2960
AzB Silver Member
desi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond repute

More questions - 08-15-2019, 06:13 AM

If you lift your feet until you pass out then strangle yourself until dead, it would not be like a real hanging where your neck is broken.
Autopsy shows broken bones in neck.

Old
  (#6)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi2960 View Post
If you lift your feet until you pass out then strangle yourself until dead, it would not be like a real hanging where your neck is broken.

Epstein Autopsy Finds Evidence He May Have Been Murdered

Even Jonathan L. Arden, president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, admitted that a hyoid break is more commonly associated with homicidal strangulation than suicidal hanging.

Aug 15, 2019 6:01 AM

Old
  (#7)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

08-15-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I haven't seen the actual autopsy report.

Have you?

Please link it.

I did see mention of the hyoid being broken, which can happen in a strangulation death, like hanging from a bed sheet.

You seem to imply he has a hangman's fracture, which is quite a different matter.

I would like to see some proof he had a hangman's fracture. That would not happen in a strangulation death. It requires trauma, like an MVA, fall, or of course a proper execution hanging.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangman%27s_fracture

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#8)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

08-15-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
Epstein Autopsy Finds Evidence He May Have Been Murdered

Even Jonathan L. Arden, president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, admitted that a hyoid break is more commonly associated with homicidal strangulation than suicidal hanging.

Aug 15, 2019 6:01 AM
More common? Yes, but it is not uncommon to fracture the hyoid in a suicide by hanging from a bed sheet.

In fact it would be more common with a bed sheet than a cord or rope because it is wider and distributes the force over a wider area of the neck.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#9)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

08-15-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
More common? Yes, but it is not uncommon to fracture the hyoid in a suicide by hanging from a bed sheet.

In fact it would be more common with a bed sheet than a cord or rope because it is wider and distributes the force over a wider area of the neck.

So how many stupid kids (and there are more now than ever) will try this and post it on the net?
15 minutes of fame or eternity somewhere.
Would not surprise me at all.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#10)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

08-15-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
So how many stupid kids (and there are more now than ever) will try this and post it on the net?
15 minutes of fame or eternity somewhere.
Would not surprise me at all.
Already being done since way before this.

They call it choking games.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/125/1/82

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#11)
CuesRus1973
AzB Silver Member
CuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Today on a national news program, the suicide was explained.

He took his sheet tied it to the top of his bunk, tied the other end around his neck, Then he lifted his legs until he was dead.
I heard his neck was broken. He must have lifted pretty hard on his legs. Maybe he even kicked off of the ceiling?

Keepin' the rubber side down...

Old
  (#12)
Rybord
AzB Silver Member
Rybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

08-15-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuesRus1973 View Post
I heard his neck was broken. He must have lifted pretty hard on his legs. Maybe he even kicked off of the ceiling?
Just read this on Fox News.

An autopsy on the body of Jeffrey Epstein revealed the convicted sex offender had several broken bones in his neck, including the hyoid bone, according to a report.

The hyoid bone, which is near the Adam’s apple, can be broken in a suicide by hanging – especially in older people – but is more common in strangulation murders, The Washington Post reported.

Old
  (#13)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 08:35 AM

We are watching the deep state mob corruption right before our very eyes in real time. They've got a big middle finger up in the face of the law.

This case will never go anywhere, he hung himself, now move along.

There is a pocket imprinted on the backside of every object ball.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#14)
Nine ... corner
A student of human moves~
Nine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 08:36 AM

Name:  SnipImage.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  100.9 KB

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

Old
  (#15)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
We are watching the deep state mob corruption right before our very eyes in real time. They've got a big middle finger up in the face of the law.

This case will never go anywhere, he hung himself, now move along.
But, but how about the Loud Screams?

dumluk

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: