AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page lifting a diamond 9' professional

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
lifting a diamond 9' professional
Old
  (#1)
Miller
AzB Silver Member
Miller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

lifting a diamond 9' professional - 08-15-2019, 08:38 PM

so....late Monday, early Tuesday got about 5" of rain in about a 3 hour period. more than my basement could handle. had previous engagements and couldn't get to it until this evening.....

pulled out all the carpet and pad this evening. cleaned/disinfected/etc.

the table is a 9' diamond professional 3 piece slate. I need to get the carpet and pad out from under the feet....

Name:  AZ1.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  57.0 KB

my question is this: can I put some kind of cribbing under the frame (thinking a couple/few 2x6) and use a floor jack to raise each end of the table about 1/8" (or less) to pull out the carpet and pad? worried about popping one of the slate(s). any knowledge/expertise appreciated....

pic of the frame under table end....

Name:  AZ2.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  61.2 KB

thanks in advance.

dustin miller

Old
  (#2)
SpiderWeb
iisgone@yahoo.com
SpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-15-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
so....late Monday, early Tuesday got about 5" of rain in about a 3 hour period. more than my basement could handle. had previous engagements and couldn't get to it until this evening.....

pulled out all the carpet and pad this evening. cleaned/disinfected/etc.

the table is a 9' diamond professional 3 piece slate. I need to get the carpet and pad out from under the feet....

Attachment 527233

my question is this: can I put some kind of cribbing under the frame (thinking a couple/few 2x6) and use a floor jack to raise each end of the table about 1/8" (or less) to pull out the carpet and pad? worried about popping one of the slate(s). any knowledge/expertise appreciated....

pic of the frame under table end....

Attachment 527234

thanks in advance.

dustin miller
You can get a 2X6 and lift it easy. You only need to lift it very little.

Old
  (#3)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

08-15-2019, 10:57 PM

You have the right idea! just go slow!

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#4)
Miller
AzB Silver Member
Miller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond reputeMiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 08-17-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWeb View Post
You can get a 2X6 and lift it easy. You only need to lift it very little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
You have the right idea! just go slow!

Trent from Toledo
Spider/Trent

Yeah, thought I was on the right track, just wanted to bounce if off some guys that know their business to make sure. Thanks for the input.

Worked like a charm. No problems.

Name:  AZ3.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  AZ4.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  90.1 KB

Name:  AZ5.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  84.5 KB

Ended up ripping a couple pre-cut 2x6 at 50" and affixed them together with a half dozen #16 finish nails (effectively a 3"x5-1/2"x 50" cribbing). It just happened to sit perfectly in the rental floor jack's saddle.

Also to little gambler and ROB.M - thanks for the PMs fellas.

Old
  (#5)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 06:40 PM

So......Do you have sumps...would they have saved the rug?

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: