Is this ivory?

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sure looks like ivory or at least bone to me, the only problem is it is a Gino Ferrari pool cue.

aNtcXlR.jpg

D2kh6sM.jpg

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Can you get a pic with the bumper off looking at it from the bottom. It looks almost exactly like the buttcap on an older Pechauer I had, which was for sure not ivory. It’s always hard to tell for sure in pics but it looks more man made.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
No. Ivory has a very pronounced, visible grain, then goes quickly to a very clear portion, especially on a large portion such as a buttplate. This doesn't look like that.

All the best,
WW

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
heat up a needle until it's red hot.... stick it in the bottom of the butt cap where it cannot be seen.............. if it smells like burning hair..... it's ivory..... if it smells like burning plastic.......... it's plastic..............

Kim

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sure looks like ivory or at least bone to me, the only problem is it is a Gino Ferrari pool cue.

aNtcXlR.jpg

D2kh6sM.jpg
Gino Ferrari's are fairly low-end imports. I'd SERIOUSLY doubt there's any ivory in that cue.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope, although you might have been wishing or hoping to learn it was but it does not appear to be.
The good news is if you want to sell it, you needn't worry domestic or international ivory restrictions.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually assumed it was a synthetic meant to look like ivory as it is a cheap cue, though there have been a few Gino Ferrari cues on AZ that appear to have ivory, I would suspect that they do not. I just thought I would ask to reinforce my assumption.