Longoni Cue Extender REPORT

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I purchased one of the Longoni Cue Extenders at the Valley Forge (SBE) tournament. It did not have a hole in it to hang by a leather thread so I purchased one of their fabric sleeves that had velcro straps stitched into the fabric to hold onto your pool case.

I have a Jack Justis 2 x4 case and it is rather large. The straps fit around the unit well enough but I had doubts that they would hold up because the velcro was only about 1/4" wide. True to my doubts, the straps broke after just a few hours of use. I went back to the sales person and they gladly replaced the holder for free. Another several hours and the straps were broken again and they refunded my money with promises of reporting the defect to the management.

After I got back home, I started thinking about the extender sitting in my lonely closet and decided I wanted to use it, even though at Buffalo Billiards you may climb up on the table if you cannot reach a shot. I want to improve my ability in using a bridge and cue extender so I started bringing it with me to the pool hall, mounting it to my cue case with some large rubber bands. That didn't work too well either and one day I was visiting Home Depot and was looking at the bungee cords and asked one of the workers if they had "smaller" bungee cords. He directed me to wsome Canopy Tarp Ties made my Joubert. The have a PVC orange plastic ball that the bungee cord loops through the orange ball. They were 12" long which was a bit longer than what I needed.

After obtaining a pair of needle nose pliers, I managed to pull the tied knot end of the bungee cord out of the plastic housing and shortened up the length to what was needed to make a secure but not too tight fit. After a couple of tries I found the perfect length which when used on my cue case, holds the cue extender in place, perfectly. I used two of them, one for the top of the cue extender and one for the bottom. They are very strong and never get out of place and don't do any damage to my case and I have been using them for quite some time and am positive the cue extender won't be falling off of my case going to and fro pool rooms and tournaments.

If Longoni was SMART, they would read this thread and start making these bungee cords or selling them through their retail outlets. As I recall, they weren't very expensive and come 8 to a pack. So far I have only used two of them and given two to a friend.

The Longoni cue extender works extremely well and tightens the neck onto the cue butt until you have it as tight as you want it to be. To remove the cue extender you reverser the process and unscrew the neck of the cue extender until it easily slides off of the butt of your cue. The smooth rounded plastic neck does not marr your cue and is quickly removed or added to your cue. All in all, it is one of the best cue extenders I have used or seen.

Just thought you might like to know about my experience with it.

P.S. (Mr. Longoni: you can send me your next "NEW" pool accessory to me free of charge for this fine advertisement, just PM me for my mailing address). :D

JoeyA

ACE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the extender and the case that goes with it at 2009 Derby City. My straps broke too. I had a thin black leather case with 1" wide black elastic straps made to fit the extender. It looks and holds the extender really well.

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the extender and the case that goes with it at 2009 Derby City. My straps broke too. I had a thin black leather case with 1" wide black elastic straps made to fit the extender. It looks and holds the extender really well.

My longoni extender broke and they have not done anything about it!!!
I e mailed photos of the outer sleeve that broke in half and they emailed me back and asked for more information?
I offered to pay for part but still no reply/
I will email them with a copy of this page maybe they will do the right thing and fix it!
thanks for your report!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My longoni extender broke and they have not done anything about it!!!
I e mailed photos of the outer sleeve that broke in half and they emailed me back and asked for more information?
I offered to pay for part but still no reply/
I will email them with a copy of this page maybe they will do the right thing and fix it!
thanks for your report!
I had consider buying a longoni extender in Las Vegas, did not have the money. Now I will pass after reading your post, that is poor customer service.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i got a tony ryan strap on case that was made for the tony ryan 17.5" extension and it fits the longoni really well. nice quality too, no problems with it. i got mine from seybert's but they only have the 12.5" left now.

Ace, who did you get to make a case for yours? I could use another one....

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had consider buying a longoni extender in Las Vegas, did not have the money. Now I will pass after reading your post, that is poor customer service.
Thanks for reply!:thumbup:
They E mailed me this morning and said they cannot figure out the part I need?
Maybe I am being stupid and not describing it properly?
Help me with that please
The outer ring that you tighten up after you put extender onto butt of cue cracked ,split and broke in half!
That is the piece I need?
I sent 2 photos of this but they said did not know what I was talking about?
Am I missing something?:confused:

Deadon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put mine on my case with a couple of pieces of self sticking velcro and a couple of velcro loops. Worked fine. Next, I had my next case made to accomodate an extension.

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought some bungee cords at the beach and some of them were 6".

I have the same cue extender and it works very well, except that my opponent was laughing at how long it took me to get it on and off. With practice I have become efficient.

You are correct in that the case sucks. I will try my bungee cords in the meantime.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
i got a tony ryan strap on case that was made for the tony ryan 17.5" extension and it fits the longoni really well. nice quality too, no problems with it. i got mine from seybert's but they only have the 12.5" left now.
Thanks for the tip.:thumbup:

I just bought one from Seyberts for my 12.5 tony ryan

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
It's good to see that there are some other alternatives for holders for the Longoni Cue Extender.

The other nice thing about the Joubert bungee cords is that they don't have the hooks that many bungee cords have and you can adjust the length simply by cutting the bungee cord to the length you need.

I can remove my cue extender from the bungee cords in less than a second and it installs securely in a few seconds. The cue case shows no wear so far from using the straps. Jack Justis makes a good and tough case.
JoeyA