Women's 10-ball Championship

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the report on the front page has an error. It reports that Iris Ranola is the defending champion of the tournament. I think Rubilen Amit is the defending champion. I did no research, just working off memory.:eek:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
How do the women get a spot to this World 10-ball Championships? Seems to me there are women missing that could do well in the event and women in the event that don't have a chance. Johnnyt

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do the women get a spot to this World 10-ball Championships? Seems to me there are women missing that could do well in the event and women in the event that don't have a chance. Johnnyt

It's a CW event right?

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
It's a CW event right?

Yes.

Entry was by invite, I believe. I think it was hard to get some spots filled cause of the cost to travel etc... but every tournament will have it's killers and it's sacrifices. :eek:

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
Oh and I think Monica Webb was supposed to play, she was originally listed in the draw, in the last group. Not sure why she didn't make it? I am sure something came up.

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The early advertising listed Pan Xiao Ting as a player, but she is not there either

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
Well, they have updated the rounds here. What I am curious about is how many advance and which counts more, games won or matches? Alison is behind in matches but in top 3 for games won... for example?

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Well, they have updated the rounds here. What I am curious about is how many advance and which counts more, games won or matches? Alison is behind in matches but in top 3 for games won... for example?

From the Dragon Promotions pdf.............

b. 8 group of 6 players (TOP 3 players advance from each group)
i. Tie Breaker for round robin stage
1. Most matches won
2. Most games won
3. Head to Head (if there’s only 2 players)
4. Least games lost
5. Lag for break and one game sudden death

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
Well, it was my friend Dana that beat Angel to make it to next round, which is probably a bit of an upset. They were both had 2 w & 2 L at the point. She has been working so hard! Go Dana!!