2019 US Open Bank Pool Champion SVB

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would of loved to see Billy and SVB both play the event in New Orleans this weekend.

Looks like they did ok in Vegas though :)

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right!

Maybe "*SPOILER ALERT*" in the title, instead of having the result RIGHT THERE?

Or maybe you could realize that this is a pool forum, and when you open a thread about a match that is already over, it is probably going to contain results.

Especially when it is posted by SVBs stakehorse. :thumbup:

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or maybe you could realize that this is a pool forum, and when you open a thread about a match that is already over, it is probably going to contain results.

Especially when it is posted by SVBs stakehorse. :thumbup:
Or maybe I could just say thanks, and be on my way!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CSI posted video of 2018 us open bank pool, seven months ago....

https://youtu.be/aK_FdyVEwyI

Let's hope they were able to get this incredible match on video and they share it with the world. Sounds like it was a real clash of titans. Can't wait to see it.

On a side note, I was watching Billy just horse around on a diamond one day and he was making 3-4 rail banks like they were straight in shots. It was quite remarkable. Also, I didn't know that Shane's bank game was that elite....he clearly is on Brumback, Billy level now. Did I miss something? Has Shane won at banks at Derby before?

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Let's hope they were able to get this incredible match on video and they share it with the world. Sounds like it was a real clash of titans. Can't wait to see it.

On a side note, I was watching Billy just horse around on a diamond one day and he was making 3-4 rail banks like they were straight in shots. It was quite remarkable. Also, I didn't know that Shane's bank game was that elite....he clearly is on Brumback, Billy level now. Did I miss something? Has Shane won at banks at Derby before?
Not sure on DCC, but it is the second year in a row US Open banks,,, albeit not near as difficult.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Shane came in runner-up to John Morra one year at Derby. He won the other two disciplines that year. He was really a hair’s breath away from winning all three.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane came in runner-up to John Morra one year at Derby. He won the other two disciplines that year. He was really a hair’s breath away from winning all three.

That really is a super accomplishment he doesn't get much credit for! I wonder if AT Large has the Points stats for the All Around winners at the DCC. Just wondering what Shane's ahead margin is. It would also be great to see the top 10-15's Lifetime DCC Points!!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow. I must have absolutely tucked that away in the back of my mind. Didn't even remember it.
Thanks for the info.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Shane banks real well. He's up to 8 rental houses, last time I spoke to him!

Eric

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha, after a slow start to the year, that’s two wins after the break room. I think straight pool is the only US open he hasn’t won... has multiple in all other games

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That really is a super accomplishment he doesn't get much credit for! I wonder if AT Large has the Points stats for the All Around winners at the DCC. Just wondering what Shane's ahead margin is. It would also be great to see the top 10-15's Lifetime DCC Points!!

I don't have all the point totals for the Master of the Table money winners each year, but, as Fred's post would indicate, SVB has the all-time high points total with two firsts and a second in the 3 points events in 2012. Here is a listing of where the all-around champs placed in each of the 3 points events for each of DCC's 21 years: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6324395&postcount=68

The points table may have changed at some point through the years, but for quite a while now it has been 120 points for 1st place, then 100, 80, 60, 55, 50, 45, 40, 35, 30 (10th place), and then smaller amounts down to 64th place.