Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Robert from Alaska?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
06-10-2019, 05:11 PM

You got played! Sucker!!! He put your ass to WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
I treat them well so they play again
Funny you should say that.
When i was 16 or 17 I played pretty good straight pool.
Every wednesday night for quite awhile a family man named Harry would play me straight pool and he rarely won a game.
The old man that owned the room told me that Harry was my customer and to make him feel welcome.
Buy him a soda and a snack once in awhile.
Ask him about his family and get to know him.
Funnest part was that after awhile he asked me what i did for a living and i said I'm working right now playing you.
Then he offered me a day job working for him for what at that time was great money.
I took the job.
But i continued to play pool with him on wednesday nights,except now I didn't have to win to eat the next day.

Old
  (#17)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-10-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Everything he told me seemed a bit odd.
And i'm a strange person anyway.
Just wondered if he was on the level.
But with all that said he was a nice guy and fun to play with.
And i came out 3 games ahead.
Did he say he paid his way through college playing pool, but for some reason can't make a good bridge or run 3 balls today?

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Rob from Alaska
Old
  (#18)
CO Nineballer
AzB Silver Member
CO Nineballer has a reputation beyond reputeCO Nineballer has a reputation beyond reputeCO Nineballer has a reputation beyond reputeCO Nineballer has a reputation beyond reputeCO Nineballer has a reputation beyond reputeCO Nineballer has a reputation beyond reputeCO Nineballer has a reputation beyond reputeCO Nineballer has a reputation beyond reputeCO Nineballer has a reputation beyond reputeCO Nineballer has a reputation beyond reputeCO Nineballer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Rob from Alaska - 06-10-2019, 05:36 PM

Rob is a nice Guy, plays pretty good and gentlemen to gamble with......does well for himself, but doesn't really like to bet much playing pool.

I am guessing you guys played pretty cheap???

Old
  (#19)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

06-11-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Nineballer View Post
Rob is a nice Guy, plays pretty good and gentlemen to gamble with......does well for himself, but doesn't really like to bet much playing pool.

I am guessing you guys played pretty cheap???
Yup thats him.
I dont want to say how much i won.
You know the IRS monitors this forum.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#20)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

06-11-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
You got played! Sucker!!! He put your ass to WORK!

Yes he did.
But at a time when the minimum wage was $1.00 an hour I was making $150 to $200 a week working for him.
We seal coated asphalt driveways.The goal was we knocked on doors and didn't quit until we grossed $150 for the day.Some days we did a lot more.
I got 20 %.
Paid in cash each day,no taxes.
This was in 1964 so it was really good money.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#21)
KCRack'em
I'm not argumentative!!!!
KCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-11-2019, 10:47 AM

I left Alaska last fall so I can't say for sure it's Rob Martin. It sounds like him....
I will add that Rob switched to a Bender long before I left town. He's a good guy and is on the up and up.

Editor and photog by day (for my rodeo photography, see Buckaroo Photography on FB) and pool junkie by night.

Table: Wendt Company 4.5x9 Kling copy
Cues: too many!
Player: McWorter or Barnhart
Break/jump: Brick
Jump: Tony Layne
Cases: JBs: 2x5, 4x8-plus, 8x16 and Murnak 3x6

Grammar Lock

Old
  (#22)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

06-11-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
And i'm a strange person anyway.
:
Who knew...

player.....Josswest, Kikel, Rambow, Gina,Schon,
player.....Bob Owen, Horn, Schick, Kersenbrock
player.... Judd Fuller, Steve Klein, ASC, Paul Drexler
player......Ernie Martinez, Willie Hoppe, D.Jones
breaker...Hillbilly Smacker, Judd Fuller