79 Player in the Viking Tour event

MikeJanis

Banned
The $2,500 added Viking Tour's "Lamar Open" at the POOL ROOM drew 79 of the finest players to the 2 day event.

Players came from as far away as California, Mexico and Ohio to compete.

We will have additional info later as well as pictures from the event.

Mj

MikeJanis

Banned
Jam, here's a brief rundown.

We had a total of 79 players with 17 of them getting a free ride through our Women and Jr's play free program. The top dawgs in the event according to the player auction and reputations are as follows............

LOUIS ULRICH
BRIAN WHITE
TANG HOA
BJ USSERY
DOUG YOUNG
TONY MOUGEY
MONICA WEBB
HELENA THORNFELDT
SARAH ROUSEY
CLIFF JOYNER
PAUL SONG
BRIAN CAPPS
MIKE STAUBES
T.F. WHITTINGTON

There are soo many other talented players and I wish I could mention all of them but I cant at the moment. The only others that comes to mind are JR player MARCUS PENDLEY. This kid is the shizzle. I saw him play several years ago and was impressed with his game and at the time. Today I watched him for a little while and I am even now more impressed.
Additionally, there are several AZers here: CueMan (Chris and Israel Hightower), thebestpoolroom (John Duong), Vixen (Betty Sessions), Allie (Alice Rim), SharkEyes (Angelo Wan), ATL9balla (Paul Song), CueChick (Lara Rossignol) and I am sure there are others but I just haven't put the tru names to the screen names yet.

Mj

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like you got the makings for a first-class competition down there in Georgia, Mike! Thanks for the update. You're the best! :)

Looking at this player auction roster, I like B.J. Ussery and/or Cliff Joyner to snatch this win. I've been wrong before, though, and I can be wrong again!

However, the California contingency looks mighty STRONG, Tang Hoa for sure. "Tang Hoa" kind of has a nice ring to it, the way it flows. Yep, now I like Tang Hoa.

Then again, Tony Mougey wouldn't have come all the way down there from Ohio to fight for this win unless he was confident he was going to get himself to that winner's circle.

Now that I think about it, Mike, it's kind of hard to pick a winner. Second thought, I'll just look forward to the a.m. update! :D

JAM

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
I'd come and hang out myself (still in Atlanta for another week) but doubt I'll have time, what with family responsibilities, and then there's that *other* game... :p