2 of the 14 finalists for the Mosconi Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which two?

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
2 of the 14 finalists for the Mosconi Cup
Are CTE users.

Any Poolology users?

Anyone who has learned a single thing from all the colorful diagrams of CB and OB angles with lines through them to the pocket coupled with math and geometry equations?

I didn't think so.

Here's the difference between the two factions that includes me, you, Stan, Landon, Stevie Moore, Mirza, Mohrt, Gerald Williams, Neil (we miss you), Pete Lowenstein, Valiant Thor and a bunch of others who got sick and tired of posting about it and are gone.

For years and years we have done all the things they do and have done it with success. All of us were good players. Actually we did more than they have because of a willingness to experiment and explore other systems. Theirs included.

You, Cookie, finished 12th in the US Amateur a few years ago. The US AM has an extremely strong field. Only the cream rises to the top. NO FLUKES!

Stan has top 10 national finishes in the games of 9-ball, 8-ball, and 1-pocket who also became a 100-ball runner in straight pool. He won a pro star studded field in Athens, Georgia in 2002 at Murphy’s Brass Rail which was a Southeast Open Tour event. Stan also has a high notable finish in the US OPEN.

Landon was the National Junior Champion and waxed Earl badly on a 10' table that's on youtube. Landon's total number of titles are mind numbing: http://www.justcueit.com/landon.html

I have also won a good number of local tournaments on 9 footers as well as bar boxes. Gerry Williams has won a number of tournaments with name pro players in the field.

Speaking for myself, I used contact points for years and took a couple of lessons with the most knowledgeable instructor in the country for CP, Joe Tucker. Joe has it developed far beyond the half assed ways used and discussed by the forum geniuses who know it all on here. There is NO FEEL in the alignment process.

If you're "Feeling, guessing, groping, adjusting, lizard head moving," you're totally clueless and at a sub-par level of competence. That is a FACT.

I've learned and gotten heavily involved with 90/90, fractions, SAMBA, SEE System,
and a few others. Neil also had a quest for knowledge and dove into each with the fullest commitment to learn and use it as well as he could.

Neither he nor I looked at any of these systems to analyze from spatial intelligence,
math and geometry, or what we thought could go wrong and what the outcome would be. We jumped all in to see HOW RIGHT it could be with accuracy and consistency. And it was ON THE TABLE FOR HOURS AND HOURS, MONTHS AND MONTHS.

Each and every one of them had their strong points and were very effective.

And then we have the magic 3 letter system, CTE, developed by Hal Houle and immediately vilified by the RSB know-it-alls and continues to be for over 20 years.

Here's what pisses me off to no end without going into any of the aspects of the system itself. After all the years of being an avid student and explorer of many different aiming systems and settling on CTE over all the rest , it's getting raked over the coals daily and called names for my choice over all the others as if I'm the stupid one and they're brilliant.

I was a damn good player before CTE and a better one NOW. How does that make me stupid or brain washed? Stan, Landon, Stevie Moore, Mirza, Mohrt, Gerald Williams, Neil, Pete Lowenstein, Valiant Thor and a bunch of others have gone the same route.

ALL GOOD AND EXCELLENT PLAYERS BEFORE CTE BUT BETTER NOW!

Nobody in their right mind who loves this game does something that makes them play half assed and WORSE!

We all know what they know but they don't know what we know and do because not ONE OF THEM has gotten off their dead asses to get on the table and committed to really learning and executing it as it's supposed to be done and stuck with it.

What a great forum, huh?

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We all know what they know but they don't know what we know and do because not ONE OF THEM has gotten off their dead asses to get on the table and committed to really learning and executing it as it's supposed to be done and stuck with it.
You may be on to something with this portion that I've emphasized from your post, Spider.
The troublemakers are just too lazy or too smug to "get off their dead asses" and commit.
There's a new CTE student called Sacman on here. Seems to be very sincere and sounds like a hard worker. I have encouraged him...(I guess it's a 'him')
I mentioned to him in another thread about some in-person table time I spent with a genuine CTE expert recently and how it helped me. I advised him to do the same.
Here is what I posted to him. I hope it helps him somewhat. :thumbup:
CTE Post 6-16-2018.JPG

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You may be on to something with this portion that I've emphasized from your post, Spider.
The troublemakers are just too lazy or too smug to "get off their dead asses" and commit.
There's a new CTE student called Sacman on here. Seems to be very sincere and sounds like a hard worker. I have encouraged him...(I guess it's a 'him')

Must have been the "sack" with the "k" missing that tipped you off. :rotflmao: (although in this new world of LGBT there may be a few "her" with "sacks" also)

I mentioned to him in another thread about some in-person table time I spent with a genuine CTE expert recently and how it helped me. I advised him to do the same.
Here is what I posted to him. I hope it helps him somewhat. :thumbup:

Good thing you're into the positives of learning techniques instead of the negatives. Otherwise you'd be just like 'you know who'.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Any Poolology users?

Any who has learned a single thing from all the colorful diagrams of CB and OB angles with lines through them to the pocket coupled with math and geometry equations?

I didn't think so.

A bit unfair, and uneccessary as Wilson would say.
Why would you make such a comparison? Poolology has been out for a little more than 1 year. In 20 years make this comparison again. Actually, I predict the next 3 to 5 years will be sufficient. But CTE will always be 20 years ahead of Poolology.

You ask, "Who has learned a single thing?" Well, Poolology is fractional aiming, but unlike the old school method of fractional aiming, Poolology eliminates much of the guesswork and the countless hours of experience needed before proficiency is reached. And as you already know there is no "geometry" to perform. There are only three zone diagrams to memorize and some basic math and straight line visuals. If you can't divide a 2-digit number in half in your head, then you might not be a good candidate for Poolology. That's the most math you have to do. The fact is, most people go beyond simply looking at the diagrams...they actual read and try it out. But then again, unlike you, their reason for buying the book is to finally have a chance at becoming a better player without having to spend countless hours trying to get an aiming system to work. There is no mystery here -- with a good stroke Poolology works from day one.

And there are plenty of great players that learned to pocket balls via fractional aiming, the traditional method of guesstimation and trial and error, or vintage German angle diagrams to help determine which fraction matches which angle. The list includes world champions in both snooker and pool. Stan Shuffett gives a great YouTube lesson on traditional fractional aiming here: 5 Lines.

Ghostball and contact point aiming can claim their champion players as well, so it really doesn't mean much when a pro player admits to using any particular system.
If players practice relentlessly ANY aiming method for a long enough timeframe, they could reach pro level. Since the game involves a lot more than just pocketing balls, most of these players end up as great shot makers but not pro players, unless they dedicate enough time to cb control and mental toughness as well.

Poolology is subject to unrestricted public review in the marketplace. Here's what people are saying about it....Amazon Reviews for Poolology.

Poolology is subject to unrestricted public opinion and review on YouTube here....Poolology YouTube Channel.

The only reviews that can be found on CTE are those which Stan puts on his own website. Here on AZ it is unthinkable to give an honest review of it. Threads get deleted and people get banned. :( So it's quite imbalanced and misleading to compare Poolology to CTE, and also against forum rules, but you felt the need to do it anyway.

Thanks for the advertising opportunity. :thumbup:

And feel free to go off in bold blue reply. I will not respond to you again in this thread.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good thing you're into the positives of learning techniques instead of the negatives. Otherwise you'd be just like 'you know who'.
Well, I never was into that bunch of sissy britches in the "Audio-Visual Club" way back in high school.
I was too busy out there on that field, showing off my legs for the girls, and trying to get better at hitting the low and away pitch from left-handers. (at which I only became mediocre, thus dashing any of my boyhood dreams of going to the majors).
The "Audio-Visuals" always came without dates to the proms and got no sweet fine lovin' ever. But man oh man they could work a slide rule and draw diagrams of stuff with the best of 'em.
Probably the same ones in the pool rooms who brought the roast beef sandwiches (with the little crusts cut off) to the action matches and, the racing form and the lucky numbers dream books to the guys who are with it. And they always seem to have a solid tip(?) for the second race somewhere..............but they themselves wouldn't bet that water is wet.
Sweat and hard work are the only things that pay off in this life......unless you inherit a fortune.
Go get 'em.
:thumbup:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Why would you make such a comparison? Poolology has been out for a little more than 1 year. In 20 years make this comparison again. Actually, I predict the next 3 to 5 years will be sufficient. But CTE will always be 20 years ahead of Poolology.

First of all, the question was to COOKIE. He knew about CTE, I didn't and it was news to me. I wondered if he had any other inside information.

The FIVE OF YOU have been making COMPARISONS with CTE and other systems as well as attempting to point out inadequacies in multiple threads. Much of it erroneous and slanted. Wilson hasn't said anything but he certainly could. Nobody bothered to report it.

I guess time will tell with Poolology. If it happens then ANY AND ALL SYSTEMS are a GOOD THING.

You ask, "Who has learned a single thing?" Well, Poolology is fractional aiming, but unlike the old school method of fractional aiming, Poolology eliminates much of the guesswork and the countless hours of experience needed before proficiency is reached. And as you already know there is no "geometry" to perform. There are only three zone diagrams to memorize and some basic math and straight line visuals. If you can't divide a 2-digit number in half in your head, then you might not be a good candidate for Poolology. That's the most math you have to do. The fact is, most people go beyond simply looking at the diagrams...they actual read and try it out.

I know exactly what Poolology is about. I had the book loaned to me for 2 months and I dissected it sentence by sentence as well as a good amount on the TABLE with it.

But then again, unlike you, their reason for buying the book is to finally have a chance at becoming a better player without having to spend countless hours trying to get an aiming system to work.

Whatever I do or choose to do is none of your damn business! Nor do I need you to tell me how long it took when you have no idea. FYI, the very first time Hal Houle and I were on the phone with each other, he had me knocking balls into pockets from all over the table within a matter of minutes. That's what blew me away and I had to learn more.

There is no mystery here -- with a good stroke Poolology works from day one.

If they're able to see the visuals from CCB to multiple small fractions and use their imagination quite a bit beyond a 1/2 ball hit. It could.

Ghostball and contact point aiming can claim their champion players as well, so it really doesn't mean much when a pro player admits to using any particular system.
If players practice relentlessly ANY aiming method for a long enough timeframe, they could reach pro level. Since the game involves a lot more than just pocketing balls, most of these players end up as great shot makers but not pro players, unless they dedicate enough time to cb control and mental toughness as well.

I don't dispute that at all but CB control, layout analyzing, and planning angles are other very important facets of the game. We're talking pure aiming. Aiming alone isn't enough.

Poolology is subject to unrestricted public review in the marketplace. Here's what people are saying about it....Amazon Reviews for Poolology.

There's some NOT so good in there also but hey, to be expected with ANYTHING! I'll bet there are those who have something to bad mouth and b*tch about regarding a Rolls Royce.

Poolology is subject to unrestricted public opinion and review on YouTube here....Poolology YouTube Channel.

The only reviews that can be found on CTE are those which Stan puts on his own website. Here on AZ it is unthinkable to give an honest review of it. Threads get deleted and people get banned. :( So it's quite imbalanced and misleading to compare Poolology to CTE, and also against forum rules, but you felt the need to do it anyway.

Quit trying to spin this and CAUSE TROUBLE! There was no comparison. It was a QUESTION to Cookie, NOT YOU. Pat Johnson started a thread specifically about fractions and then compared it to Hal Houle's 3 "ANGLE" alignments. They're 3 LINES and have nothing to do with impact there and cut angles. But all of you jumped in to spin and twist it for the last week with no outside interference. Wait until Stan releases his info and illustrates how the MAJORITY OF ALL SHOTS CAN BE MADE USING ONE ANGLE! This will elongate the 20 year war for another 20 years. At 71 years of age, PJ might not make it for that long. At least it will give him a big incentive to wake up every day and totally waste another two decades like he as with last two.

And feel free to go off in bold blue reply. I will not respond to you again in this thread.

BOO-HOO-HOO, sniff, sniff. You get your wish with the BLUE but you'll be back. You can't help yourself. I swear it's like having ENGLISH! in here all over again There was absolutely nothing he wouldn't or didn't respond to.

And trying to discuss anything with you is like arguing with a woman. I don't know if your dominant role model in life was a woman or a man but I have to think the former.

It's like this when you're in here and it never stops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hMiQAzEcN0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNSt3wJXZk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rksKvZoUCPQ

Last edited:

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You ask, "Who has learned a single thing?" Well, Poolology is fractional aiming, but unlike the old school method of fractional aiming, Poolology eliminates much of the guesswork and the countless hours of experience needed before proficiency is reached. And as you already know there is no "geometry" to perform. There are only three zone diagrams to memorize and some basic math and straight line visuals. If you can't divide a 2-digit number in half in your head, then you might not be a good candidate for Poolology. That's the most math you have to do. The fact is, most people go beyond simply looking at the diagrams...they actual read and try it out. But then again, unlike you, their reason for buying the book is to finally have a chance at becoming a better player without having to spend countless hours trying to get an aiming system to work. There is no mystery here -- with a good stroke Poolology works from day one.

And there are plenty of great players that learned to pocket balls via fractional aiming, the traditional method of guesstimation and trial and error, or vintage German angle diagrams to help determine which fraction matches which angle. The list includes world champions in both snooker and pool. Stan Shuffett gives a great YouTube lesson on traditional fractional aiming here: 5 Lines.

Hee hee, you ask why he would make such a comparison....to goad you into responding and take a dig at you...maybe even try to anger you and get you to respond in a way that might get you a ban. Some people just can't stand to see others be successful in their endeavors. Poolology is a great accomplishment, even if it only ever helps one person understand the game better or play it better...

Last edited:

sacman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Uhm .... sacman is in reference to my last name - thank you very much for the sophomoric humor (ugh). I was a full-blooded male when I was born and will always be on the opposite side of those twisted individuals who can't figure out what they see in the mirror, let a lone what gender they are.

Regarding CTE ... best thing that has ever happend in my pool experience. I played nearly evey day - totally addicted - and my grades suffered for it - when I was in college 30+ years ago. Having returned to the pool hall a couple of years ago (thanks to Iowa no smoking laws) I was never able to return to those college glory days when I could just "feel" it and put the ball in the pocket. Actually, I believe I was using a fractional method without really knowing what I was doing. Last year I bought Stan's DVD2. My brain wasn't ready for it. And now I've come back to CTE and see it differently. CTE is ingenious. It works with those challenging spherical objects ... and putting them in the pocket consistently is a BLAST.

There is no pro near me (Iowa) but will keep my eyes open.

'nough said.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Uhm .... sacman is in reference to my last name - thank you very much for the sophomoric humor (ugh). I was a full-blooded male when I was born and will always be on the opposite side of those twisted individuals who can't figure out what they see in the mirror, let a lone what gender they are.

Sophomoric? That's a compliment, thanks. My humor can be quite a few grades lower when I'm at my best. (worst to some) :eek:
You sound like my kind of man.

Regarding CTE ... best thing that has ever happend in my pool experience. I played nearly evey day - totally addicted - and my grades suffered for it - when I was in college 30+ years ago. Having returned to the pool hall a couple of years ago (thanks to Iowa no smoking laws) I was never able to return to those college glory days when I could just "feel" it and put the ball in the pocket. Actually, I believe I was using a fractional method without really knowing what I was doing. Last year I bought Stan's DVD2. My brain wasn't ready for it. And now I've come back to CTE and see it differently. CTE is ingenious. It works with those challenging spherical objects ... and putting them in the pocket consistently is a BLAST.

There is no pro near me (Iowa) but will keep my eyes open.

Don't worry, the biggest and most important pro will be visiting you in due time. Not in person, but the book and videos will be the next best thing to having him right along side of you.

'nough said.

"INGENIOUS" is the perfect description and the same thing I said out loud the first time after getting off the telephone with Hal Houle. Stan has taken it to another level. We're all glad you experienced it and it'll keep getting better and better.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More good news, Sacman

CTE is ingenious. It works with those challenging spherical objects ... and putting them in the pocket consistently is a BLAST
Mister Sacman.
An aspect of using the deadly CTE aiming method that is not often talked about, is this:
Many many times, you'll be faced with a difficult position play for the upcoming ball and you'll start thinking about it. And wondering..."can I draw the cueball that far with control"...."will follow mean I have to hit it too hard", "will I scratch in the side",etc. etc.
With CTE, knowing the confidence you'll have, it gives you the ability to accept a much longer or more difficult cut than you'd ordinarily like to have. So your position play does not have to always be so precise that you end up missing the shot. And you'll stay in line.
I have, in the past, missed a lot of critical shots just because I was concerned about playing pin-point position when if I had just stopped the cueball dead or slow rolled a little and accepted a longer shot, I could've kept up the run-out. The CTE system will guarantee your aiming without any guesswork or fooling around with what I call insane micro-management.
Nothing but a happy "road less travelled" ahead for you.
Enjoy and go get 'em!
:thumbup:

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bans ARE coming.

Only takes a couple of you to get the entire sub-forum removed with the attackers banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.