Is 3C governed and promoted like snooker is?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not an expert at who runs big events for this and other Carom games, but I do see that some really nice tournaments are being played with everything having a very professional look to it.

Both games seem to have a lot in common with the way players conduct themselves, high production values, referees and good commentary.

Is 3C showed on television in big 3c countries like snooker is in the UK? Or is it just a very dedicated small niche community that tunes into any Carom?

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not an expert at who runs big events for this and other Carom games, but I do see that some really nice tournaments are being played with everything having a very professional look to it.

Both games seem to have a lot in common with the way players conduct themselves, high production values, referees and good commentary.

Is 3C showed on television in big 3c countries like snooker is in the UK? Or is it just a very dedicated small niche community that tunes into any Carom?

hi, to make in short, in Euro^pe, nope. In France, you almost never see carom on Tv , since in fact carom is a microscopic niche ... same in spain. in belgium it's rare , in germany cery rare.
In europe, carom is mosly seen on TV in italy, but that's not for the 3 cushions or the small games , but the 5 pins game . There is a big & famous 5-pins pro league in Italy ...

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Korea most likely has the most carom on normal tv being that it has the most carom players

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

The UMB is the world governing body for carom.

3C has been shown on Eurosport in the past. I remember being in a hotel in Switzerland and seeing both carom and snooker on TV. That might have been 15 years ago, though.

The UMB has an agreement with Kozoom for TV coverage. There seems to be enough money from the agreement that World Cup events have about $85,000 added to the prize fund by the UMB. The promoter/organizer has to come up with the rest of the prize fund. 20 years ago the UMB added nothing to the prize fund and it was up to the promoter to find all the financing.

Kozoom also streams other events, such as the Carom Cafe tournament.