Visible Pivot Aiming

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
He flushes that rediculous notion right here with his own words.....https://youtu.be/6Y2qoCtdiak?t=2710s.

He is simply aiming to put the cb where it needs to be in order to pocket the ball. He even shows exactly where he is going to aim, in reference to the ob itself, in order to account for the outside spin he's going to use on the cb, which is exactly how I'd look at the shot also, aiming "thicker" than it looks to offset the spin I'm going to use, ignoring squirt and swerve and whatever, just knowing (without consciously thinking) where the cb needs to be and how to get it there.

Okay, I think almost all us of agree that the suggestion of the OP is BS.

Now... comes some other things & I think the words that we use sometimes, if not many times, causes confusion in those who do not fully understand.

Aim is a verb & something that we do.

Normally... target is a noun, but it can also be a verb & something that we also "do".

Where do we "LOOK".... when. What is the "Target" & what are we "Targeting".

Are we "targeting" the Ghost Ball location or near it with spin on the CB...
& were do we need to "align"/aim the stick to just "Get it Done".

Where does a pitcher "aim" to throw a curve ball or tennis player to spin in a 2nd. serve or a golfer to hit a fade of a draw?

When asked about accounting for CB deflection he said, "Noooo..."

But then the Big Guy Interrupted with what he thought was funny. We may have gotten another insightful statement out of Buste from Kenny inquiring question.

Here is an odd thing. When I was using old reg. full squirt shafts, I never thought about CB squirt, much like Busty when he said "Noooo..." Mike Sigel once said that it does not exist.

Now... that am using Very Low Squirt Shafts... I sometimes miss a shot & have to remind myself that the shaft STILL has some squirt to it.

The Game that must be won is the one between our conscious & subconscious minds.

Kenny asked Buste, "Don't YOU have to compenstate for deflection...

& Busty said... "Noooo…"

Some stay very near to center CB when using english. Many, many times I am out very near the miscue limit.

Look at where Buste has his tip before he stroked it. That may be what gets some to thing that he is using the edge to aim with & pivot or whatever. He is NOT 'looking' there nor on that line.

What he may actually do is swoop in his stroke from "aligning" Very Wide & then swoop a bit to hit more to the middle of the CB but still with considerable spin.

I have said it rather often that there is A LOT going on "during" contact. There is also sometimes A LOT going on during the stroke.

Everyone does not play only on the vertical center of the CB & especially not at the High Upper Level.

Athletes want to control the ball & their implement. Hence no "loose" cradle of the back hand.

Many on AZB are not athletes & simply can not relate to what the athletes of this Game actually do.

Many on AZB play "the Game" as though it is a board game. It's not. It is a VERY dynamic game, much like tennis & golf, etc. especially at the HIGH UPPER Levels.

Sorry for the 'rant'.

Best Wishes to All.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
He flushes that rediculous notion right here with his own words.....https://youtu.be/6Y2qoCtdiak?t=2710s.

He is simply aiming to put the cb where it needs to be in order to pocket the ball. He even shows exactly where he is going to aim, in reference to the ob itself, in order to account for the outside spin he's going to use on the cb, which is exactly how I'd look at the shot also, aiming "thicker" than it looks to offset the spin I'm going to use, ignoring squirt and swerve and whatever, just knowing (without consciously thinking) where the cb needs to be and how to get it there.
OMG, he visualizes the two balls colliding?
How does he control the cue ball?
Pfft!
And some will still insist he uses some kind
of pivot aiming system.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
OMG, he visualizes the two balls colliding?
How does he control the cue ball?
Pfft!
And some will still insist he uses some kind
of pivot aiming system.

Like I said...

It is "shameful" what they or Someone will do to try to "make" a product appear to be something that it is NOT.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said...

It is "shameful" what they or Someone will do to try to "make" a product appear to be something that it is NOT.

CTE is starting to remind me of "The Emperor's New Clothes."

Propaganda is a powerful tool. Sooner or later, the propagandists believe their own lies.
Of course, after all this is still the Internet. Like Momma used to say, "Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?"

A liar would rather climb a tree and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth.

BOXCAR Boudreaux

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
CTE is starting to remind me of "The Emperor's New Clothes."

Propaganda is a powerful tool. Sooner or later, the propagandists believe their own lies.
Of course, after all this is still the Internet. Like Momma used to say, "Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?"

A liar would rather climb a tree and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth.

BOXCAR Boudreaux

That is a strong word. Some out right lies have been told or inferred...
say about me & some others.

That said, I can not say that they are LIEing about "IT". They may fully believe what they say & that includes Mr. Shuffett. Believing something to be what it is not... & saying what one believes is NOT LIEing about "IT", but it is being inaccurate & hence spreading a falsehood.

It is beyond those of us with some science & the advanced mathematics to understand how one can NOT acknowledge a simple truth when it is put before them. It is though they are IN the Matrix & refuse to acknowledge The Truth.

What makes it worse is that there is no need for science & math, etc. All that is needed is the application of some good old Common Sense.

Unfortunately, we do not have a Red Pill like Neo offered Neil.

Best Wishes.

Last edited: