Not Sure If I Ever Posted This, just 35 balls !

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey Guys,

i was cleaning my hard drive and i came across this footage, wasnt sure if i had ever posted it.

i make some mistakes in this, and i make some corrections.

i play some bad patterns and i play some good ones.

all in all i just like to share, weather its good or bad i have nothing to hide.

it is only 35 balls, this was from several months back probably sometime in 2009.

yeah i know, i foul a ball on the second shot. and later on in the run i do it again. but its cue ball fouls only, either way i tell charlie and he tells me to continue.

Go Ahead, Critique me !
Steve

http://vimeo.com/10678475

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Nice run Steve, you did way more things right than you did wrong. The main thing you did wrong was count. looks like it was 36 not 35, lol.

Bill

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Good Shooting

Good shooting Steve. I enjoyed watching your video. That was a league match? You have a very good smooth soft stroke. That is good when you are playing on good equipment, as the table you were playing on. The balls came off the rails & broke up nicely.
Your eyes got you on the last shot. There wasn't enough room to make a good hit on that missed ball. The 15 ball was lined up in the side pocket. You could of followed it to get on top of the 6 or below the 6 ball for an angle (depending on the angle with the 15) into those problem balls.
Looking back at my mistakes. I can see things wrong with shots leading up to my misses. I am glad, I am video taping.
Anyways, good run & thanks for posting.

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
but its cue ball fouls only

On the first one when you touch the OB with your cue, then the cue ball then comes back and hits the same ball. So even in cue ball fouls only this is a foul.

Im not calling you out on this, since based on how well you play you probably already knew the rule. I just wanted to point it out in case a newer player would see your thread and video and didnt want them to misunderstand the rule.

Like you said, Charlie said to keep shooting, but I bet he was rethinking that choice when you were getting into the thirty's LOL.

Thanks for posting the video Steve, I really enjoyed it!

Woody

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great run! I can't tell you how many times I miss by misjudging how much room I have to get by a ball. I like your pace of play.

Andy

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice stroking!! You're one of the smoothest I've seen. You're WAY better then me, but if I could offer a sugestion, lay off all that english - think center ball and keep it simple (KISS). Just my thought. Best of luck - another Steve.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Nice run. Steve. Nice smooth shooting. My eyesight sometimes betrays me like your did at the end, too.

Keep the camera on and you will capture some more runs.

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Pretty smooth run. Its funny, watching runs now I can see what is done right and what is done wrong, even though I cant when I am playing. The shot that got you frozen to the 6 ball screwed the run in my opinion. Then you shot the next ball and the only variable you could use to get good position was the speed of shot, often times we shoot at a speed that will make the ball and generalize where the CB will end up. I am guessing here but I think that's what you did. Causing you to be in a bad spot and you had no real high percentage shots available. Up until that point I liked 99% of everything I saw.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Yeah went I played the previous shot I let the cueball get away from me and was forced to play that shot. I knew it was available just on case, but I was playing for the ball at the top of the cluster. Would not of been able to play that ball comfortably from there.... Oh well !

Thanks for your input !
Steve

Btw alot of good can come out of watching some 14.1 matches, if you watch enough of them you will start to absorb some of the information that Is there in patterns and in commentary.

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
I am watching loads of videos. all of the ones from the 14.1 championships sold on the azb market place. and everyone on the forum's videos as well. Schmidt's videos with commetary.