Tootin' my horn

D

Danny Harriman

Hello fellow 14.1 enthusiasts, I just thought I would share with someone that last night I ran a 156. A few weeks ago I ran a 200 and caught it on tape however it was ugly as I had many difficult shots. Last night's run was smooth, the equip. I'm playing on is an early 1900's Brunswick ball return table, it has a few squirly' spots in the slate due to the age factor but besides that the table is in fine shape. The cushions are K66 and the cloth is not brand new, I might add also that this table is in a basement which makes it more difficult to disperse the rack due to humidity. Someone on this forum is allway's referring to that perfect 14.1 run (Steve Lipsky) well I realize that it is nothing like John Shmidt's 246, I have ran over 200 many times but never before did it look as easy as this particular run. I have watched John's recording of his run and he makes it look easy, what a great champion he is. I thought maybe I will make a commentary of my little 156 if anyone would be interested pM me back and I might get a hacker to show me how to display it here on the computer.
Your's truly, Danny Harriman (Bob Jewett's 14.1 challenge Champ)

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
I am customer number one!

Great runs Danny... would love to hear your thoughts about how you get around the racks! Please do this.........

- Steve

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
I'd like to see it here. Nice run, Danny.

Now if you'd just give a live running commentary while you're making a run during Monday night league, that would be even better.;)

Steve

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
I have to admit that all this talk about high-runs got me thinking about my own high-run quest lately. Since my table is ridiculously tough, I went to the pool room last night to see if I could put anything together. I took half a dozen or so cracks at it and got stopped at 43 3 different times. Ironic that I got stopped on the same number each time (after the break ball of the 4th rack). The balls were very difficult to rack and weren't spreading very well at all. I want to use that excuse but then I know that the equipment that the old-timers were playing on had to be tougher than the Simonis cloth that I'm playing on now - regardless of the tough-racking conditions. Maybe I should stick to playing on difficult tables so I always have an excuse. I'd have nothing if I took a crack at it on a table that played perfectly and still failed to put any sort of run together. :)

Edit: I'd definitely be interested in seeing the run, Danny.

Last edited:

hackerda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too

I also would be very interested. Coincidently I am a Hacker, but by name only:D I also shoot with a Jeff Olney, great cues!

Dean

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Little?

HEY!....If I ever hear anyone refer to a run as a "little 150" again, I'm gonna kick them sqaure in the noots!:)

great job D, I'll take one.

Gerry

daytonajoe

Deceased
Danny ... Trying to kill your action??? just wanted to say hey, and ask where is my Olney??? Talk to ya soon.... hopefully before the Windy City Open '07l

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
daytonajoe said:
Danny ... Trying to kill your action???

Yeah, he shouldn't have spoken up; before he posted this, I liked my chances playing 14.1 with Danny Harriman :p

Seriously though, nice runs, Danny. Count me in as another potential customer if you get a DVD made with commentary.

-Andrew

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Danny Harriman said:
Hel I thought maybe I will make a commentary of my little 156 if anyone would be interested pM me back and I might get a hacker to show me how to display it here on the computer.
Your's truly, Danny Harriman (Bob Jewett's 14.1 challenge Champ)

DH,
WELL DONE!! I am a firm believer that runs of 100 on tough tables are tremendous accomplishments. New Simonis 860 makes the game MUCH easier than it was for the old legends of the game.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your runs.

pbat2751

Gerry said:
HEY!....If I ever hear anyone refer to a run as a "little 150" again, I'm gonna kick them sqaure in the noots!:)

great job D, I'll take one.

Gerry

I'll hold em while you kick them...

Count me in as well.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
No question, Danny, please do this. And put as much detail as you could imagine, describing why you take a shot and how it should be done in particular position. Show us a bit of your way of thinking straight pool.
Great to see the thing John Schmidt started is being developed :)
I'm in for a DVD (wouldn't mind to see it on YouTube but DVD is much better, if quality allows).

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Well done Danny, wouldn't be warming up for a certain tournament in July would you?! :p

At this rate you got a good chance at the whole thing mate

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds good to me. I was in Columbia MO a couple weeks ago and played at Booches, nothing but the old brunswick tables in there.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Danny,

Good for you, I can say that you can count me in on buying a dvd as well. I love the game (can't play the game but still love it).

Hope some day we get to see one of you guys run 527 on tape:cool: , that would be amazing.

Keep up the great work sir.

Billiardpete out