lets talk about the cue youll never sell or trade

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I sold my Corsair cue two weeks ago and I swore I would never sell it. I just have way too many cues and decided to sell as many as possible. For so many years I only owned one cue! 30-40 cues seems a little bit excessive to me now. I'm in the process of cutting down on all my possessions. Time for me to lighten my load. :rolleyes:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
the one i would never sell is an late 1980's or early 1990's joss
my first 2 piece cue
57 inches
i asked dan for no logo as i wanted to be incognito (didnt realize how bad i played but thought i was a champion...:D)
i dont play with it anymore but still i would never sell it

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I have a sneaky made by a friend (snipershot on the forum) that isn't for sale. Everything else is, never keep cues for long.

I miss some of the cues, and I think my james white is one I'll keep for awhile.

Last edited:

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
Will never sell my Joe Childs. While not a widely known cuemaker, that cue feels like an extension of my arm. Built in 98, still in use today.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Mike Webb playing cue.
Every other cue has a price tag except that one.

Aero_Dave

Registered
Well, I've only ever really shot with one cue. My 94-6 Joss since it was new. I just picked-up another cue. I thought about not selling my Joss but then thought, why not? Because I've had it for so long, or because I'll never get much (enough) for it. Maybe because its 23 years old and still plays Great! All good reasons, but then I thought since I love how my new cue shoots, I see no reason to keep the old Joss if I never plan to use it again. So I might as well let someone else enjoy it, if I'm not going to use it anymore. So that is where I'm now. If the old Joss sells, fine but if not then I'll just keep it. I'm not going to 'give it away' either.

Dave...

Last edited:

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
My Schon SP-15 bought for me by my parents when i was in college. Still have it 34 years later.

My Phillippi, my best hitting cue

My ivory jointed Coker, a Christmas gift from my mother which cost 1500 in 1998.

My Bob Runde, which cost me 1200 and my parents helped me get back around 2001

My McDermott Elvis cue, another Christmas gift from my mother

My McDermott Dubliner COM model gifted to me by my former employer for over 10 years working for him after he closed up his pro shop.

I have other cues, but the above are not going anywhere.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Kersenbrock, certain Josswests

Also, a few weeks ago I picked up an old Ernie Martinez hustler from Showcase...
5/16-14 piloted, no joint collars like the old Scruggs sneakies, naturally weighted.

I have the original Ernie Martinez shaft the is perfect, straight, tight grain, and three other shafts that play even better.
Old tight grain Schon shaft
Old Josswest shaft
Scruggs shaft
They all match the diameter, and since there is no joint collar everything matches.

How do you value a cue that good, but isn't really collectible, and technically is a $200 cue, with some extra leftover shafts.
Also, how could you sell a cue that is like having 4 terrific cues that all play great but a little different?
People want to buy it, but to me it has value, and I enjoy playing with it.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would sell any and or all of them. In the last couple of years Ive liquidated a lot of my cues, including all of my Schons.

But then again, I'm not the sentimental type....... :thumbup:

I wish I could be like that.

I have a cue problem. If I sell something it is a momentous occasion. :embarrassed2::embarrassed2:

And it's not just cues...it's cases...and things like KU bumpers and Brunswick repair kits...

But if it came down to having to do it, I would keep my Joss.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
My 1984 Julio Stamboulini - The only cue worthy of my skill... (a total and utter fraud)

Lesh

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Currently out of my collection of 40 or so cues...the following are keepers:

2 Gus Szamboti(s)
1 Barry Szamboti
1 George Balabushka
1 John Showman
1 Danny Tibbits
2 Blackboars
1 Art Cantando
1 Josswest

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I got a my first custom cue back in 2012, really want to keep it forever but I dont know how long, that is from a fancy cue maker who I never got an email replied, and he has a reputation of making fancy cue and let customers be, he may work with some particular customers and dealers, but sure a hard to grasp guy.

I have a few cues from another cue maker that I really want to keep, those are all great players, but honestly I cant pick one from them to play with, my game struggled due to me switching cues too often. I have to pick one and I picked one, afraid I need to let others go or I will get cold feet again with that cue I chose.

So, I have 2 cues now that I think I wont consider selling for some time. but really, that's what I would hope, never say never, there are so many variables in life.

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Believe it or not, my Viking. Got it for a graduation present and I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. Plays well and has lasted for 20+ years of play and punishment.

:grin::grin::grin::wink::wink:

4scarecrow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting thread. My Tasc will never be for sale.

image.jpg

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are a few of my keepers. Prather, Brent Summers (blank), BHQ, PFD Studios/Paul Drexler, Prather.

IMO Prather doesn't get enough recognition for their work.

Attachments

• JF Keepers - 16402518_1504644066214320_8561950776730277465_o.jpg
    JF Keepers - 16402518_1504644066214320_8561950776730277465_o.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 623

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I dont think ive ever seen a prather for sale. yet carmeli is on the sell/trade block daily. whos the least sold/traded and most. are prathers that good?

The greatest feeling cue (and probably the best looking) that I ever had, and promised myself I'd never sell, was a Prather. It was at least 20 years ago. I was dealing cues, cases, and tables. I purchased 5 Prather cues in order to get a 40% discount. I think I spent around $2500 total. Great deal!! I kept one for myself. I couldn't help it!!!

Years went by. We had a great relationship. I loved it more than anything. But then my mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I sold my Prather cue to help fund treatment costs that insurance wouldn''t cover. In the end, I lost them both. Mom is gone forever, but my cue is still out there somewhere. I think about it often, and I'm sure it misses me as much as I miss it.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schick

AZ Brothers,

Like most of you, I don't have any intention of selling any of my remaining cues, and I have sold a couple recently to get down to my "keepers".

While it isn't the most valuable cue I own, my Schick is my favorite cue. It would be the last one I sold....

Ken

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Never is a long time, but I think I'd have to hold on to my Huebler US Open cue.