Looking for high quality Irish linen

Getnbzy

Take 2 they're small
Silver Member
As the title states. Looking for the highest quality solid black linen, enough for one cue. What would you all suggest?
Thanks in advance.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. They use to have a lot more including the right white with lime/green. But unfortunately, they were the middle men on that and thier source dried up.

Aloha Michael,

If I wanted to buy some white with green speck that looked and felt as close as possible to the old stuff, would Hurlbert be available somewhere and the best for that?

I have a Titlist conversion that is in mint condition, but the wrap is dirty and I'd like to get it redone sometime soon.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha Michael,

If I wanted to buy some white with green speck that looked and felt as close as possible to the old stuff, would Hurlbert be available somewhere and the best for that?

I have a Titlist conversion that is in mint condition, but the wrap is dirty and I'd like to get it redone sometime soon.

Hello Sir;
Going to be a long post. Maje some coffee.
A couple of people on here long ago claim to have had good luck cleaning the original linen. One used Simple green. The other used Magic eraser. The linen would have to be treated like a new wrap when finished. Meaning, pressed, burnished, etc etc.
Hulberts themselves do not have the resources anymore to get the white with lime/green. It doesn't matter hiw much I tried to buy. Classic Cues tried also a few years ago. He did have luck getting something made but it wasn't lime/green. I bought some of it, felt nice but the wrong color and the wrong mix on the winding. I put iy on one cue and wasn't crazy about the mifoline up. I haven't used it since.
Hulberts did offer another optin back in the day but the green was darker and to dominant for my liking.
Whwn blue mountain was open, they offered one, a little darker green than the line/green but not to bad.
Optins for you:
Check with Pechauer. They were offering something a few years back, whether it was Hulberts or Cortland, I don't know.
Option 2:
Contact Fred Kohara of Tad cues and see if he'll either wrap it or if he'll sell you some. Lmao GOOD LUCK!
His dad put the right color mix on every cue. I don't know where he got it or had it made by. Wish I did.
Option 3:
Prathers had a linen once. The lime/green was lighter in color. Color was acceptable but the linen had a lot of hairs on it. Too bad too.
I have Cortland left but it's not eneogh for a cue.
Guido Orlandi had some original Cortland last year or the year before. Guido is tight with Drexler so maybe Drexler got some of it.
Good luck.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can I get a Link with that please

Trying to get me in trouble Huh. It's against Forum rules for me to post links.
The Forum cops will love this.
Atlas billiard supply, Prather, Cue man billiards, unique products.
Make some calls.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trying to get me in trouble Huh. It's against Forum rules for me to post links.
The Forum cops will love this.
Atlas billiard supply, Prather, Cue man billiards, unique products.
Make some calls.
Thank You Michael Webb (i wasnt sure, you know) :grin-square: