Karl Boyes vs Dennis Hatch on TAR??

rayshooter22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you guys aren't on Facebook as friends with Karl, he recently posted on Facebook
"Dennis Hatch, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!"

Since to me those sound like fighting words, and both of those guys are friends with Justin of TAR, then we may have our very next TAR challenge match..

Boyes vs Hatch: Moscon Cup Grudge Match!!!

What do you guys think?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
If you guys aren't on Facebook as friends with Karl, he recently posted on Facebook

Since to me those sound like fighting words, and both of those guys are friends with Justin of TAR, then we may have our very next TAR challenge match..

What do you guys think?

Karl would be a fool gamble with Dennis. A race to 100 and a race to 7 are reeeeeeeeeeeally different.

4.0x3.48

Never tire of learning.
Silver Member
I think that would be a great match-up. Hatch is a great player, and Boyes impressed me this Mosconi Cup. I think Hatch could beat him, but wouldn't be a walk in the park.

RShellhouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok...here you go the best of both worlds...

Two players per team.... Archer or SVB and Hatch vs Appleton and Boyes...

First player to 25 then second player steps in...at 50 swap back...75 swap again...to the final 100.....

Each player puts up 10g apiece...

Winners take all...

R

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
Ok...here you go the best of both worlds...

Two players per team.... Archer or SVB and Hatch vs Appleton and Boyes...

First player to 25 then second player steps in...at 50 swap back...75 swap again...to the final 100.....

Each player puts up 10g apiece...

Winners take all...

R

Interesting. I actually kind of like the idea of this format.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
IMO Boyes has alot better chance to beat Dennis then Dennis has beating Shane.

Boyes can play, he can break, and he has a pretty solid composure at the table. Hatch does not have to win.

Shane in 10-ball in a race to 100? There are few people who have a decent chance to win a set like that against SVB and I don't think Hatch is one of them. Shane has way too good of a break, runs way too many tables, makes way too many tough shots, and makes way too few mistakes for Hatch.

Want someone who can go with Shane in that long a match for the cash? Better get Busta, Alex, Yang, Wu, Corteza... or... maybe Orcullo, and... hmm? That might be close to everyone that is a coin flip on this planet.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Shane in 10-ball in a race to 100? There are few people who have a decent chance to win a set like that against SVB and I don't think Hatch is one of them. Shane has way too good of a break, runs way too many tables, makes way too many tough shots, and makes way too few mistakes for Hatch.

Actually, I was thinking 9-ball. Shane's break makes him the favorite over all but a small handful of players in the world in a race to 100 at 10-ball.

Do you think Dennis has a better chance at beating SVB in a race to 100 at 9-ball than Boyes has of beating Dennis in a race to 100 at 9-ball?

thefifteen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think if they played in England a match could be arranged. Home and away even?

Very tough to play in someone else's back yard all the time. Appleton would definately play these matches in England if there are any takers?

Celtic

Silver Member
Actually, I was thinking 9-ball. Shane's break makes him the favorite over all but a small handful of players in the world in a race to 100 at 10-ball.

Do you think Dennis has a better chance at beating SVB in a race to 100 at 9-ball than Boyes has of beating Dennis in a race to 100 at 9-ball?

From what I know Dennis is something of a prefferential 10-ball player himself.

I don't think Dennis wants Shane in either game. Boyes might actually be even more of a threat in 9-ball as I am not sure how his break would hold up in 10-ball compared to Hatch's.

Celtic

Silver Member
I think if they played in England a match could be arranged. Home and away even?

Very tough to play in someone else's back yard all the time. Appleton would definately play these matches in England if there are any takers?

I am really not sure Darren wants Shane even in a race to 100 10-ball for a 5 digit bet. I cannot say for certain but he has a backer VERY confident in his abilities that might jump on that if people in England were truly serious.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
LoL that is one rough comment. It would be very tough to not tell him to post his prize on the light.

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member

I am really not sure Darren wants Shane even in a race to 100 10-ball for a 5 digit bet. I cannot say for certain but he has a backer VERY confident in his abilities that might jump on that if people in England were truly serious.

Celtic, thefifteen has been helping and backing Darren for years now, so I believe he is serious :thumbup:

ComptonCustomCues

Quality Handcrafted Cues
Silver Member
lol....boyes couldn't come close to hatch...hell appelton can't get there.....we have proof remember..lol....what makes you think he can even come close to shane......lol

Last edited:

thecardman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, Hatch played Appleton and won - in America! Let's see them play the return match on this side of the pond. If Hatch wins, fair play to him. If Appleton wins then I think a neutral venue should be found for a "deciding" leg.

As for Karl's Facebook comment, it's a wonderful little reply to Hatch's comment about Karl. I think a match between Karl and Hatch would be a bit closer than some are giving credit for. Sadly, however, I don't see it happening... yet. In time, maybe, but not just yet.

Riggers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said Cardman. Hatch was trying to shark our players and trying to get into karl's head so karl's comment on facebook was fair game as well as being very funny.

As for Hatch v Daz I doubt Hatch has the bottle for the return match as he knows Daz is the far better player. Remember daz was still learning the game and honing his skill last time they met but now he's almost the finished article. Daz knows the yanks are too scared to play him in England but he has the balls to take them on in their own back yard.

I'm sure Daz would play a rematch against Hatch in the US but Hatch probably won't take the match.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing for sure, I don't think Karl Boyes would speak those words to Dennis Hatch in front of his face. If he did, he might be advised to run for cover. Dennis is a mighty powerful player, in more ways the one! ;)

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member

What do you guys think?

He only took Dennis Hatch proper words back on him . Dennis has describe Karl Boyes as the weakest player of the european team in the beginning of the event. Karl Boyes comment was nothing bad at all, just a kind revenge ;)