OPINION NEEDED - how much should i throw at this cue

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found this old Mali cue at an auction, current bid - $45.00.

Cue history and previous owner info is not available, shaft appears totally wasted.

What i'm thinking is save the butt, I never had a Mali - I'm pretty sure I can fit an old shaft to it.

If you were bidding, where do you think you take it? over $75, under $75?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,001

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on how bad you want it.

It sold for under $100 brand new, and except for Mali collectors, has not increased any huge amounts.

If I really really wanted it, 100 would be my cutoff. Bidding just trying to win it, I would try to get it for 75 or less.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in @ $51.00, let's see how it goes

Attachments

• 795502926102029kbwn.jpg
    795502926102029kbwn.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 866

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$75.00, MAX bid on that one.. butt might not be straight either..
maybe a break cue project?

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$75.00, MAX bid on that one.. butt might not be straight either..
maybe a break cue project?
The shaft looks terrible, string needs a replacement, finish seems clean (I hope).
Anyone Recognize the 3 hinge Cue Box in the first photo?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The shaft looks terrible, string needs a replacement, finish seems clean (I hope).
Anyone Recognize the 3 hinge Cue Box in the first photo?

Cue case looks like China import from Crystal Leisure.

I got that same Mali cue at a flea market for 15 bucks in new condition with a pretty decent case that still had the tags on it.

You are going to spend that, then get a shaft that likely will not fit the diameter, and have a different taper, and think you'll know what it's like to play with an old Mali?

If you want one, find one in good condition with a good shaft. There are plenty around.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue case looks like China import from Crystal Leisure.

I got that same Mali cue at a flea market for 15 bucks in new condition with a pretty decent case that still had the tags on it.

You are going to spend that, then get a shaft that likely will not fit the diameter, and have a different taper,
and think you'll know what it's like to play with an old Mali?

If you want one, find one in good condition with a good shaft. There are plenty around.

Hmm... -
well, it is a charity auction so, I'll be ok there.
I just happen to have a decent 5/16 x 18 threaded shaft and you got to know i'm pulling the weight bolt.
Stringing it myself, i'll be polishing everything from top to bottom, But most of all, put a ceiling on my spending @ $60 bucks.

That case looks good condition, no rips, no breaks, clean.
I'll see how it goes, there's only one other guy bidding, right now I'm winning at $51, my opponent may come roaring back.

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
If you're going to do the work yourself it doesn't matter
Could be a fun project, but I wouldn't put any money into that cue.
Not worth $45
I sold a nice one in good condition, very similar for $55 which is what I paid for it.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm... -
well, it is a charity auction so, I'll be ok there.
I just happen to have a decent 5/16 x 18 threaded shaft and you got to know i'm pulling the weight bolt.
Stringing it myself, i'll be polishing everything from top to bottom, But most of all, put a ceiling on my spending @ $60 bucks.

That case looks good condition, no rips, no breaks, clean.
I'll see how it goes, there's only one other guy bidding, right now I'm winning at $51, my opponent may come roaring back.

No worries. I understand.

But....it's a 3/8x10 shaft, not a 5/16x18.