1/8/20 6pm Salt City Billiards Open + James Aranas vs Shaun Wilkie race to 21 for 5k

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really see no favorite here. You could bet either side and sweat! Of course that is the fun part.

Please support this stream and enjoy what we are putting together.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://www.facebook.com/104106212972005/posts/2647766238605977/

We have fantastic news!!!

On Wednesday January 8th at 6pm we will be hosting a race to 21 games of 9 ball with a minimum of $5,000 to the winner. The players are:
James Aranas AKA Dodong Diamond
Versus
Shaun "Get some" Wilkie
This is a super competitive matchup. This one is literally a coin toss.

James Aranas is a Filipino superstar and part of Roy's Basement. Roy leads a group of some of the best players on the planet they he backs to play anybody for anything.

Shaun Wilkie is a terrific player and a great friend to our room. The epitome of class and grace no matter the pressure. He has beaten some of the top players in the country in our prior events.

This match is FREE TO WATCH IN PERSON. Please come and watch this action in person, nothing better.

A quality Livestream will be available at a very reasonable rate through TV Mike at:
http://www.tvmike.tv/
Please support the players and the livestreamer by purchasing and enjoying the match. The Salt City Billiards Open will also be streamed as part of the livestream purchase.

Thank you to Shaun Wilkie, James Aranas, Roy's Basement, TVMike and Mike Andrews for coming together to make this happen. All of you have a tremendous love for this game.

Following the match we will have our Salt City Billiards Open V with some of the best players in the country who are in town for the Turning Stone Classic playing a single elimination tournament. Pros go to 8 games and amateurs to 7. Pros $150 entry and Amateurs $100 entry. Signup by 730pm. Play starts at 8pm or soon as the money match ends.

We also have amateur only 8 player barbox 9 ball mini tournaments all night long. $40 entry. Race to 4. Winner will be paid $280. These are a blast.

Please spread the word by sharing this amongst your friends.

So this is an exhibition match?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'll take DD for whatever

Thanks for putting on another great show.:thumbup:
Jason

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Hard to see Wilkie, a fine player, as Aranas' equal. James not only came 2nd in the 2019 Derby City nine ball this year but was good enough to beat Dennis Orcullo at the International by a score of 11-1. Wilkie can certainly win this, but he's a clear underdog in my eyes.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Hard to see Wilkie, a fine player, as Aranas' equal. James not only came 2nd in the 2019 Derby City nine ball this year but was good enough to beat Dennis Orcullo at the International by a score of 11-1. Wilkie can certainly win this, but he's a clear underdog in my eyes.

806 vs 746 Fargo ratings.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I really see no favorite here. You could bet either side and sweat! Of course that is the fun part.

Please support this stream and enjoy what we are putting together.

Is this on a big table or little?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
806 vs 746 Fargo ratings.

Which makes this look like a very lopsided match going in. A 60-point differential says Aranas is about a 10 to 1 favorite in a race to 21.

But I remember that Wilke clobbered Siming Chen in a race to 12 about 10 months ago, and she also has a much higher Fargo rating.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Which makes this look like a very lopsided match going in. A 60-point differential says Aranas is about a 10 to 1 favorite in a race to 21.

But I remember that Wilke clobbered Siming Chen in a race to 12 about 10 months ago, and she also has a much higher Fargo rating.

He also beat Shane at Salt City playingv10 ball neutral racker.